Bossing Event - Revenants

All of PkHonor's news will be posted here.
Andres
Developer

Re: Bossing Event - Revenants

Post by Andres » Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:19 pm

Mike wrote:
Andres wrote: This event takes a week, which means players have a week to pull out some crazy Numbers,
so Why not giving iron men the ability to compete with other players when you can join a titan event that doesn't even take an hour or so and give them pretty much the same reward for less work?

I mean, I wouldn't mind if iron men get excluded from this, but I wouldn't accept it if it was for "u can win good items" because u can win even better items at titan events
Revenants are the only exception to all our PvM events where Irons don't have access to instances. Our PvM events are made as such that Irons cannot compete for the top 5 (or top 10) rewards because of the instances. Revenants are the one exception, so yes, in theory we could make Irons compete for it. However, that would require code changes just for this one single event, which we're not going to bother doing.
I see, I was only wondering if they got excluded because of the 'Adventages they can get with it' but apperently not, so I am fine with that ^^
Anyways, pretty curious on what kind of numbers the community will pull out next week :thumbsup:

Rapsey
Sysadmin

Post by Rapsey » Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:39 pm

Andres wrote:I see, I was only wondering if they got excluded because of the 'Adventages they can get with it' but apperently not, so I am fine with that ^^
Anyways, pretty curious on what kind of numbers the community will pull out next week :thumbsup:
Let's call it an unintended but welcome side-effect. ;) We don't want to be too strict with iron men, which is why we decided to make an exception for Titan events. They are all about massing after all, as many people as possible. At the same time, that one exception shouldn't be used as rationalization to open the floodgates completely and start throwing rares at iron men. Like it or not, iron man is all about the achievement of acquiring everything the hard way, so we're always gonna be careful not to ruin that. But we also try to make it so that iron men can still participate in events, that's why they can receive the personal rewards. With the personal reward and the usual bonuses the event gives (+20% drops, double slayer points and double PKP) it's already very worthwhile for iron men to take part.

Grizzly mint
Premium Donator

Post by Grizzly mint » Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:42 am

Salve amulet is a part of the drop goal, correct?

Ziaw
Premium Donator

Post by Ziaw » Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:39 am

Why is there a rev event but I can't even block them as a task. Feelsbadman
but botting is bad and you should NEVER do it

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:19 am

Grizzly mint wrote:Salve amulet is a part of the drop goal, correct?
It should have been, but it was overlooked. Thank you for reminding us, I've just released another update to make the salve amulet drops count towards the goal.

Kaymahn1
Honor Player

Post by Kaymahn1 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:35 am

Would it be possible to have a live leaderboard of the top positions during these events? And also ::e, simply because I'm too lazy to type out ::events so many times during the event

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:47 pm

Kaymahn1 wrote:Would it be possible to have a live leaderboard of the top positions during these events? And also ::e, simply because I'm too lazy to type out ::events so many times during the event
::e is already shorthand for ::emote (muy useful when I'm trying out new features). I guess I could always make ::e a shorthand for ::events and have ::em for ::emote..

As for the top positions, that might indeed be something to consider. I'd simply need to use another command for that.

Minutewaltz
Premium Donator

Post by Minutewaltz » Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:05 am

Will the top 10 damage dealers receive their reward if community goal is not reached?
Day 1 is 2/3rds way and we're at 2.1k/20k, so there is a slight chance of community goal not being reached if activities drop off in the next few days.

Billy
Staff Consultant

Post by Billy » Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:17 pm

Minutewaltz wrote:Will the top 10 damage dealers receive their reward if community goal is not reached?
Day 1 is 2/3rds way and we're at 2.1k/20k, so there is a slight chance of community goal not being reached if activities drop off in the next few days.
Top 10's will still be handed out if the community goal isn't reached.

Migetmanz
Premium Donator

Post by Migetmanz » Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:53 pm

Minutewaltz wrote:Will the top 10 damage dealers receive their reward if community goal is not reached?
The event ends on the weekend, I have faith :)