Bossing Event - Revenants

All of PkHonor's news will be posted here.
B0rnt0b3pk
Fanatic

Re: Bossing Event - Revenants

Post by B0rnt0b3pk » Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:32 pm

Andres wrote:
The builder wrote:
Andres wrote:IMO iron men should be able to compete for the general rewards as well, since revenants can't be instanced.
I mean... I've got an iron but have never received a good drop from Armadyl. Should I really have a chance at AGS on it?

I think if the rewards are more all-purpose, like if it were just pkp or something, then Irons should compete. I don't think Irons should be able to use these events as a way to receive items they don't already have.

They can get it from titans, Why not here then?
Because I imagien that would take away the grinding aspect from the ironmen. If you want AGS you better start making a camp for armadyl. If you want Claws, it's a grind to kill TDS or Catch Dragon implings. Events like theese is a cheap way out with a potential of getting items without the grind (in my opinion).
ImageImage

Ruler
Honor Player

Post by Ruler » Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:37 pm

The builder wrote:
Andres wrote:IMO iron men should be able to compete for the general rewards as well, since revenants can't be instanced.
I mean... I've got an iron but have never received a good drop from Armadyl. Should I really have a chance at AGS on it?

I think if the rewards are more all-purpose, like if it were just pkp or something, then Irons should compete. I don't think Irons should be able to use these events as a way to receive items they don't already have.
I have to agree with Andres here. They don't have an advantage here. You've got a good point as well, but I don't really care because of these particular rewards. These rewards are just useful for pking so if it helps an ironman pking, sure. If it was something like a divine then I would agree with you.

Babe
Wise One

Post by Babe » Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:58 pm

Are the rev in the poh acceptable to kill?

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Post by Iron adam » Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:01 pm

Babe wrote:Are the rev in the poh acceptable to kill?
Based on the description of the event, it would seem not.
(Revenant Dragons, Revenant Knights, Revenant Dark beasts, Revenant Demons or Revenant Orks)

Pim
Premium Donator

Post by Pim » Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:17 pm

Yo this is my event, get out the way.

Andres
Developer

Post by Andres » Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:38 pm

B0rnt0b3pk wrote:
Andres wrote:
The builder wrote:

Because I imagien that would take away the grinding aspect from the ironmen. If you want AGS you better start making a camp for armadyl. If you want Claws, it's a grind to kill TDS or Catch Dragon implings. Events like theese is a cheap way out with a potential of getting items without the grind (in my opinion).
This event takes a week, which means players have a week to pull out some crazy Numbers,
so Why not giving iron men the ability to compete with other players when you can join a titan event that doesn't even take an hour or so and give them pretty much the same reward for less work?

I mean, I wouldn't mind if iron men get excluded from this, but I wouldn't accept it if it was for "u can win good items" because u can win even better items at titan events

Pim
Premium Donator

Post by Pim » Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:54 pm

And kbd border patrol dont really get along with iron mans so instead of them receiving claws and ags's they are tanktesting full TB's, dont worry.

Rapsey
Sysadmin

Post by Rapsey » Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:06 pm

Andres wrote:I mean, I wouldn't mind if iron men get excluded from this, but I wouldn't accept it if it was for "u can win good items" because u can win even better items at titan events
Nah, it's just because of the way the PvM event system works. Iron man accounts are always excluded from the PvM competitions because they have a massive advantage at every boss. The Revenant event is pretty much the only one where that's not the case so I guess we could add an exception for it, but honestly I don't see why we should. It's not like we are excluding anyone, not like people are either iron man or regular player. Nearly all iron man players have a regular account as well and can participate in the event just fine, they just prefer to get the gains on their iron man. :P

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:06 pm

Andres wrote: This event takes a week, which means players have a week to pull out some crazy Numbers,
so Why not giving iron men the ability to compete with other players when you can join a titan event that doesn't even take an hour or so and give them pretty much the same reward for less work?

I mean, I wouldn't mind if iron men get excluded from this, but I wouldn't accept it if it was for "u can win good items" because u can win even better items at titan events
Revenants are the only exception to all our PvM events where Irons don't have access to instances. Our PvM events are made as such that Irons cannot compete for the top 5 (or top 10) rewards because of the instances. Revenants are the one exception, so yes, in theory we could make Irons compete for it. However, that would require code changes just for this one single event, which we're not going to bother doing.

B0rnt0b3pk
Fanatic

Post by B0rnt0b3pk » Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:19 pm

Andres wrote:
B0rnt0b3pk wrote:
Andres wrote:

This event takes a week, which means players have a week to pull out some crazy Numbers,

For me personally I don't care. I was just trying to enhance his opinion of how I precived it. His point makes sense, as well as yours. It all turns down to what you want ironmen to do and their restrictions.
ImageImage