28 August updates - slayer helmets!

All of PkHonor's news will be posted here.
Azu rite
Premium Donator

Re: 28 August updates - slayer helmets!

Post by Azu rite » Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:12 am

Grizzly mint wrote:i like purple. whats it from? skotizo?
Yup

Ruler
Honor Player

Post by Ruler » Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:27 am

These slayer helm changes are really minor, the majority will still be regular slayer helms. Currently melee is the way to go anyways, only zulrah and kraken are fought in range and mage respectively. Especially now that range is nerfed even more (ruby spec from 120 to 100). Slayer helms are almost never items that you protect so also the cosmetic colored slayer helms will be barely seen I suppose.

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:31 pm

Sverre wrote:These slayer helm changes are really minor, the majority will still be regular slayer helms. Currently melee is the way to go anyways, only zulrah and kraken are fought in range and mage respectively. Especially now that range is nerfed even more (ruby spec from 120 to 100). Slayer helms are almost never items that you protect so also the cosmetic colored slayer helms will be barely seen I suppose.
If you guys don't want any new features or bugfixes in the game, y'know, just tell us. Saves us a lot of work and trouble.

Otherwise, I might suggest to stop posting for the sake of posting.

Ruler
Honor Player

Post by Ruler » Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:39 pm

Mike wrote:
Sverre wrote:These slayer helm changes are really minor, the majority will still be regular slayer helms. Currently melee is the way to go anyways, only zulrah and kraken are fought in range and mage respectively. Especially now that range is nerfed even more (ruby spec from 120 to 100). Slayer helms are almost never items that you protect so also the cosmetic colored slayer helms will be barely seen I suppose.
If you guys don't want any new features or bugfixes in the game, y'know, just tell us. Saves us a lot of work and trouble.

I am actually quite happy with all the bug fixes and updates lately. For years the ingame glitches section was neglected and now it's looked at and fixed really quickly.
I am just saying that new features, or making it look like osrs more is not always an improvement. You need input from the community if you want to improve pkhonor, or you would have to find out everything yourself. That this post wasn't 'yay thanks a lot mike we love you for the new update', doesn't mean I/we are not grateful, but it's being realistic. I've never seen anyone talking about nerfing ruby spec, and suddenly it's changed. Now, slayer helm for range and mage is also nerfed. Yes, somebody probably pointed out to you that it's different than on osrs. But we are not osrs, range (and mage) is already a lot worse in pvming than melee, why making it even worse?
You can either choose to get both positive and negative feedback, or no feedback. Your choice, it's your game.

Gethigh udie
Premium Donator

Post by Gethigh udie » Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:33 pm

Sverre wrote:
Mike wrote:

I am actually quite happy with all the bug fixes and updates lately. For years the ingame glitches section was neglected and now it's looked at and fixed really quickly.
I am just saying that new features, or making it look like osrs more is not always an improvement. You need input from the community if you want to improve pkhonor, or you would have to find out everything yourself. That this post wasn't 'yay thanks a lot mike we love you for the new update', doesn't mean I/we are not grateful, but it's being realistic. I've never seen anyone talking about nerfing ruby spec, and suddenly it's changed. Now, slayer helm for range and mage is also nerfed. Yes, somebody probably pointed out to you that it's different than on osrs. But we are not osrs, range (and mage) is already a lot worse in pvming than melee, why making it even worse?
You can either choose to get both positive and negative feedback, or no feedback. Your choice, it's your game.
He didnt "make mage and range worse" regular slayer helm (not imbued version) if you can't read, is only for melee. While, the imbued version offers the 15% bonus on task for the whole combat triangle. And to your comment above about the colored slayer helms not being seen, i've seen plenty and everyone seems to love them. So anyways these were great updates Mike, Keep up the good work.

Billy
Staff Consultant

Post by Billy » Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:13 pm

Thanks for fixing those tickets Mike!

A iron girl
Premium Donator

Post by A iron girl » Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:18 pm

Hi, 2 quick questions about the new helms.

1)Do the enchanted version of the helms offer 15% bonus without a slayer streak now?
2)Do the new enchanted helms and recoloured enchanted helms change into points on death in pvm as well (like the pkp armors)?

Ragnabldedge
Honor Player

Post by Ragnabldedge » Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:42 pm

A iron girl wrote:Hi, 2 quick questions about the new helms.

1)Do the enchanted version of the helms offer 15% bonus without a slayer streak now?
2)Do the new enchanted helms and recoloured enchanted helms change into points on death in pvm as well (like the pkp armors)?
No, and its suppose to turn into points on death. Unless someone is going to pay for me to throw my I recolored helm away im not going to put it to a test but its suppose.

Ruler
Honor Player

Post by Ruler » Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:52 pm

A iron girl wrote:Hi, 2 quick questions about the new helms.

1) I am assuming it still works the same, every slayer streak gives another % bonus and is capped at 15.
2) It would work just like void I guess. If you die with it and it is protected, you get it back, if you don't protect it it will turn into points.

Jonas
Fanatic

Post by Jonas » Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:53 pm

Sverre wrote:
Mike wrote:

I am just saying that new features, or making it look like osrs more is not always an improvement. You need input from the community if you want to improve pkhonor, or you would have to find out everything yourself. That this post wasn't 'yay thanks a lot mike we love you for the new update', doesn't mean I/we are not grateful, but it's being realistic.
I suggest having the lined up updates for PkHonor be announced (or at least some) and the Community votes for the most needed one, once that's done, a new vote starts.