Bossing Event - Bandos (General Graardor)

All of PkHonor's news will be posted here.
Rapsey
Sysadmin

Re: Bossing Event - Bandos (General Graardor)

Post by Rapsey » Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:29 pm

B0rnt0b3pk wrote:That sounds like a awsome spin towards making the community working towards a common goal to achieve something. Only thing I have in mind; is there a possible way to add a npc or something that tracks how many times General Graardor has been killed (and possibly how many times you've killed him) and it being up to date at all times? It would be a nice feature.
Take a look at the screenshots in the general news post about these events. ;)

Ruler
Honor Player

Post by Ruler » Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:13 am

Rapsey wrote:Well spotted everyone, Iron Man was the one thing we forgot to mention in the news post. So allow me to clear that up:

Iron Man players count towards the community goal and can receive the base reward. You're absolutely right, without any form of "parallel bossing" it would be practically impossible to get 20K kills in a week. However with the Iron Man players thrown into the mix it shouldn't actually be that hard. We based the goals on the data from past Bandos events and although those were 3 days instead of 7, the kills/day required to get 20K in one week is significantly lower than the kills/day the community was able to achieve in prior events.

The impact of Iron Man instances is actually quite huge. During our last Bandos event 284 players participated: 195 regular players and 89 Iron Man players. Despite being outnumbered more than 2 to 1, the Iron Man players managed to rack up 30% more Bandos kills than their regular counterparts.

However, Iron Man players do not partake in the top 5 competition. As illustrated above, their instances give them a huge advantage over regular players so if they participated in that competition the top 5 would just be all Iron Man. We decided not to have a separate competition for Iron Man accounts so we don't force people to choose which competition to go for at the start of the event. Also, their ability to kill many more bosses during the event already means they get much more out of the event than regular players. So I guess you could say the top 5 competition is our way of balancing it out by rewarding those who have to compete with a bunch of other players to get kills.

I hope that answers all your questions!
Good thinking. That will solve it :)

Rapsey
Sysadmin

Post by Rapsey » Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:23 pm

Added the video guide:

Amount
Premium Donator

Post by Amount » Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:58 am

Rapsey wrote:Added the video guide:

Who made the intro? It's very nice.

Troll n roll
Premium Donator

Post by Troll n roll » Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:11 am

Kishan is in the yell feed, just to give a timeline of when it was made :D
Adam the lion wrote:If you are making super pots for profit on an rsps, you really need to re-evaluate your life.

Jonas
Fanatic

Post by Jonas » Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:48 pm

Rapsey wrote:Added the video guide:

Lovin' the intro

Amount
Premium Donator

Post by Amount » Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:13 pm

Who made the intro? Nice.

Andres
Developer

Post by Andres » Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:53 am

Before doing this, I suggest that the 'tele out and in' 'bug' for iron man players get fixed first.
They can kill the boss tele out on altar and join back in so you don't have to kill the minions at all.

Tezey
Honor Player

Post by Tezey » Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:10 pm

Andres wrote:Before doing this, I suggest that the 'tele out and in' 'bug' for iron man players get fixed first.
They can kill the boss tele out on altar and join back in so you don't have to kill the minions at all.
Shh, will totally not be abused during this week :badjokeeel:

Rapsey
Sysadmin

Post by Rapsey » Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:33 pm

Lol, event has been going for 6.5 hours and already we're up to 1826 kills. Meaning 280/hr, so ~47,200 in a week at that rate. Anyone still think 20K is way too much? :P