11 & 12 August updates - more PVM drop buffs, bugfixes

All of PkHonor's news will be posted here.
Jonas
Fanatic

Re: 11 August updates - more PVM drop buffs, bugfix

Post by Jonas » Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:11 am

Cancerstick
Wise One

Post by Cancerstick » Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:55 am

While we on the update kick :), would there be any way to add to the wiki drops tab, the items available from the Barrows chest?

We have the burnt chest, m boxes, and clue scroll chests, but seem to be missing the barrows one.

Jonas
Fanatic

Post by Jonas » Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:01 am

Cancerstick wrote:While we on the update kick :), would there be any way to add to the wiki drops tab, the items available from the Barrows chest?

We have the burnt chest, m boxes, and clue scroll chests, but seem to be missing the barrows one.
Yeah, it seems only individual barrows' ghosts have their respective drops. No Barrows chest though, nice catch!

Mike
Programmer

Re: 11 & 12 August updates - more PVM drop buffs, bugfixes

Post by Mike » Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:10 pm

Thanks indeed for pointing out that the barrows chest is not included on our wiki. We'll make sure to do that in the future!

In the meantime, here are today's updates:
  • Fixed a bug that would cause your character to run up to an enemy if you eat/switch while ranging or maging. Unlike OSRS, you will keep following your target after eating/switching, but you will not attack them until you re-click
  • Most Teak planks have been replaced by Oak planks in the NPC drops
  • The droprates on coins and non-rare items from Glacors, Barrelchest, Commander Zilyana, Kree'Arra, Flight Kilisa, Wingman Skree and Flockleader Geerin have been increased
  • The droprate on the Armadyl hilt has been slightly increased
  • The stacks of runes, coins and bolt racks from the Barrows Chest have been increased (you can now get up to 400 Bolt Racks, 50M coins, 4K Chaos/Death/Blood runes or up to 12K Fire runes from one chest)

Grant
Premium Donator

Post by Grant » Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:17 pm

Mike wrote:Thanks indeed for pointing out that the barrows chest is not included on our wiki. We'll make sure to do that in the future!

In the meantime, here are today's updates:
  • Fixed a bug that would cause your character to run up to an enemy if you eat/switch while ranging or maging. Unlike OSRS, you will keep following your target after eating/switching, but you will not attack them until you re-click
  • Most Teak planks have been replaced by Oak planks in the NPC drops
  • The droprates on coins and non-rare items from Glacors, Barrelchest, Commander Zilyana, Kree'Arra, Flight Kilisa, Wingman Skree and Flockleader Geerin have been increased
  • The droprate on the Armadyl hilt has been slightly increased
  • The stacks of runes, coins and bolt racks from the Barrows Chest have been increased (you can now get up to 400 Bolt Racks, 50M coins, 4K Chaos/Death/Blood runes or up to 12K Fire runes from one chest)

Good to see you taking on the community's suggestions here, but what about making the yew roots into magic ones like Adam pointed out?

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:29 pm

Grant wrote: Good to see you taking on the community's suggestions here, but what about making the yew roots into magic ones like Adam pointed out?
Every NPC that drops yew roots also drops magic roots - all the proper magic root drops had been added as soon as I added Antidote++ to the game, which is months ago (very shortly after Zulrah's release). As I said before, the yew roots allow for a cheaper alternative than Antidote++. The magic root drops are fine as they are, the yew roots do not need to be removed except for the sake of making bosses worth slightly less.
I really don't understand why people are so obsessed with the yew root drops. They are fine. Seriously.

James
Premium Donator

Post by James » Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:30 pm

Mike wrote:
Grant wrote: Good to see you taking on the community's suggestions here, but what about making the yew roots into magic ones like Adam pointed out?
Every NPC that drops yew roots also drops magic roots. As I said before, the yew roots allow for a cheaper alternative than Antidote++. Nothing needs to be replaced, as the magic root drops are fine as they are, and the yew roots do not need to be removed except for the sake of making bosses worth less.
I really don't understand why people are so obsessed with the yew root drops. They are fine. Seriously.
Yew roots ruin the game

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:31 pm

James wrote:
Mike wrote:
Every NPC that drops yew roots also drops magic roots. As I said before, the yew roots allow for a cheaper alternative than Antidote++. Nothing needs to be replaced, as the magic root drops are fine as they are, and the yew roots do not need to be removed except for the sake of making bosses worth less.
Yew roots ruin the game
Only for the Nazys.

First born

Post by First born » Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:34 pm

If I'm not mistaken the tunnel room or whatever is broke in barrows it's still the same old barrows where you dig at each hill

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:36 pm

First born wrote:If I'm not mistaken the tunnel room or whatever is broke in barrows it's still the same old barrows where you dig at each hill
I'm afraid I have no idea what you mean. Can you play Barrows just fine? Is anything unreachable?