10 August updates - PVM changes & bugfixes

All of PkHonor's news will be posted here.
Mike
Programmer

Re: 10 August updates - PVM changes & bugfixes

Post by Mike » Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:33 pm

Tezey wrote:
Mike wrote:Mithril dragon - mostly extra noted dragon bones. Also applies to Bronze, Iron & Steel Dragons
Dragons have always been good money. Now even better??
Green, blue & red dragons have mostly remained untouched. Mithril dragons needed a buff at any rate, as did the other metallic ones.

Doge hunter2 wrote:Great update :thumbsup:

But shouldn't we balance the chaos rune drops with fire rune drops or reduce the fire runes per charge for the trident (I think 25 fire runes per charge is way to much)
I think adding fire rune stacks to NPC drops (especially the ones that also drop chaos runes) seems like the best idea. Good suggestion.

I've just performed another update to change the colour of the NPC loot messages to a dark shade of blue. But we'll let the community decide yet what color the (higher value) NPC loot messages should have through a community poll.
But more importantly, I've released this second update to fix the bug that would make you stop following another player when eating/potting/switching gear (while in combat with them).

R3v k1ller
Honor Player

Post by R3v k1ller » Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:57 pm

PLEASE CHANGE THIS NEW DROP SYSTEM. Either keep it how it was (most damage gets kill) or change it to be like rs. (clan damage stacks for most damage, and gets kill) This new system means that somebody can run into nex, hit a 1 and get the drop. A lot of players have wanted drop system changed to be more like rs, but this is the opposite direction.

Rapsey
Sysadmin

Post by Rapsey » Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:02 pm

R3v k1ller wrote:PLEASE CHANGE THIS NEW DROP SYSTEM. Either keep it how it was (most damage gets kill) or change it to be like rs. (clan damage stacks for most damage, and gets kill) This new system means that somebody can run into nex, hit a 1 and get the drop. A lot of players have wanted drop system changed to be more like rs, but this is the opposite direction.
The chances of them getting the drop would be 0.015 - 0.03%. I really don't think it's gonna be an issue tbh.

Basuraesti
Wise One

Post by Basuraesti » Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:03 pm

Rapsey wrote:
R3v k1ller wrote:PLEASE CHANGE THIS NEW DROP SYSTEM. Either keep it how it was (most damage gets kill) or change it to be like rs. (clan damage stacks for most damage, and gets kill) This new system means that somebody can run into nex, hit a 1 and get the drop. A lot of players have wanted drop system changed to be more like rs, but this is the opposite direction.
The chances of them getting the drop would be 0.015 - 0.03%. I really don't think it's gonna be an issue tbh.
ignore anyting r3v posts IMO
Ryan wrote:You lot simply can't resist acting like children and calling each other fat online.

R3v k1ller
Honor Player

Post by R3v k1ller » Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:04 pm

Rapsey wrote:
you say that..but the rng in pkh isn't truly random, it loves to hit the extremes.

Rapsey
Sysadmin

Post by Rapsey » Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:06 pm

R3v k1ller wrote:you say that..but the rng in pkh isn't truly random, it loves to hit the extremes.
BS lol, it's just human nature to notice the extremes more. Our RNG is exactly the same as RS and every other RSPS (unless they messed with theirs to make it less random).

R3v k1ller
Honor Player

Post by R3v k1ller » Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:13 pm

Rapsey wrote:
R3v k1ller wrote:you say that..but the rng in pkh isn't truly random, it loves to hit the extremes.
BS lol, it's just human nature to notice the extremes more. Our RNG is exactly the same as RS and every other RSPS (unless they messed with theirs to make it less random).
I'm going to believe what ive seen. If your right there should be no issue, but I see a lot of complaints coming from this drop system.

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:41 pm

R3v k1ller wrote:I'm going to believe what ive seen. If your right there should be no issue, but I see a lot of complaints coming from this drop system.
People with the absolute best gear could camp a boss and get guaranteed loot 90% of the time while competing with other players with slightly less good gear. That system was by no means enjoyable to anyone except the one player that happens to have *the* best gear. It was the main reason behind the introduction of the Morph realm, because nobody could compete with players who had Death and nobody except the Death players received any drops whatsoever. It was a huge source of frustration for everyone (except, of course, those who had Death). Just like most bosses in PkHonor were a frustration when new players had to compete with maxed out veterans and get literally 0% of the loot. It was an important issue that needed addressing.
In RuneScape itself, this is somewhat less of an issue, because there aren't nearly as many players with maxed gear. And if a world is crowded there, you can always go to another one. In PkHonor, you don't have a choice - if you happen to compete with a max gear veteran, tough luck. Not anymore as of today.

The new system allows everyone a chance, while still giving those with the best gear most of the drops. It's balanced and exactly how it should be. It removes a significant source of frustration for new players and will motivate them to keep playing, rather than giving up because they can't get any loot. If anything, Jagex could learn from us in this regard.

There are literally no valid arguments that you can bring up against this change. "But someone will steal my loot by doing 1 hit" is - as Rapsey stated - statistically a complete non-issue, not to mention something nobody has any reason to do. If anyone would want to "crash" someone's NPC, they'd at least keep dealing damage, not just do 1 hit and sit in a corner to wait until it's dead - it's inefficient and pointless and will almost never result in any loot. Also, remember that loot is only given to a player if they are nearby at the time of death and dealt damage to it recently.
It's to everyone's advantage, except the maxed out veterans, who usually already have billions - if not trillions - already. Plus we need to focus more on getting new players to stay on PkHonor to make the community grow.

I rest my case.

A iron girl
Premium Donator

Post by A iron girl » Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:05 pm

Neat update!

By any chance, were the elite drop rates changed? Specifically, does KBD drop elites as often as chaos ele now?

Migetmanz
Premium Donator

Post by Migetmanz » Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:33 pm

Great updates! Pretty epic tbh!