10 August updates - PVM changes & bugfixes

All of PkHonor's news will be posted here.
R3v k1ller
Honor Player

Re: 10 August updates - PVM changes & bugfixes

Post by R3v k1ller » Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:54 pm

4/11 kills lost recently even though I'm in max dps going against: bandos, neit, chaotic rapier. That's nearly half, and they were all in a row..this isn't as rare as you stated.

I just pvm
Rookie

Post by I just pvm » Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:06 pm

R3v k1ller wrote:4/11 kills lost recently even though I'm in max dps going against: bandos, neit, chaotic rapier. That's nearly half, and they were all in a row..this isn't as rare as you stated.
Try using your honor to help you pvm and to see no loot whatsoever for several kills.

Rapsey
Sysadmin

Post by Rapsey » Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:40 pm

R3v k1ller wrote:4/11 kills lost recently even though I'm in max dps going against: bandos, neit, chaotic rapier. That's nearly half, and they were all in a row..this isn't as rare as you stated.
What NPC? How many other players contesting the drop?

I said it was extremely rare in your example where a player just does 1 hit. If you're actually competing for the drop then it all depends on how big the difference in damage is.

Let's take KQ as an example (2*255 = 510HP) and say you're competing with 1 other player who's in worse gear:

He does 1 damage, you do 509 damage => you get 99.87% of the drops
He does 10 damage, you do 500 damage => you get 98.68% of the drops
He does 50 damage, you do 460 damage => you get 93.24% of the drops
He does 100 damage, you do 410 damage => you get 86.01% of the drops
He does 150 damage you do 360 damage => you get 78.26% of the drops
He does 200 damage, you do 310 damage => you get 69.92% of the drops
He does 250 damage, you do 260 damage => you get 60.94% of the drops
He does 254 damage, you do 256 damage => you get 60.19% of the drops

So if you are indeed losing exactly 4/11 kills on average that would mean he's doing 235 damage and you're doing 275 damage, resulting in him having 36.29% chance and you having 63.71% chance. I know, that's a pretty big difference compared to how it was. However!

One thing you have to keep in mind is you're getting 63.71% drop chance for only doing 53.92% of the damage. In other words, thanks to that other player being there you're managing to kill every KQ pretty much twice as fast. Some rough calculations on the impact of this:

Someone doing KQ solo can get a kill, on average, every 71 seconds. This includes the ~16 second respawn timer so it takes about 55 seconds to actually kill both forms. With another player helping you as stated above, the time it takes to kill it is almost halved (say 28 seconds instead of 55) meaning you can kill one every 44 seconds instead of 71.

So then:
  • Doing KQ solo: 71 seconds per drop @ 100% chance = 50.7 drops per hour.
  • Sharing KQ like that (before update): 44 seconds per drop @ 100% chance = 81.8 drops per hour. In other words, that player being there is increasing your profit rate by a whopping 61.5%, and they're getting literally nothing for it!
  • Sharing KQ like that (after update): 44 seconds per drop @ 63.71% chance = 52.1 drops per hour. In other words, with that other player being there you still make more profit than being there solo, even if they get 4/11 drops! And that's not even taking into account that you'll be able to last a lot longer on the same inventory.
This is why we say it's really not a big deal. It's a significant change to the way things were of course, because in the past having some poor sod there was actually a massive boost for you. With the new system you get drops pretty much just as fast as you would if you were there solo, while the poor sod also manages to make some profit so he can finally buy the gear you need to be competitive on PkHonor.

I know, lots of maths, sorry about that. I hope I managed to illustrate why we think this new system doesn't actually harm maxed-gear veterans. In the past people in worse gear simply wouldn't compete with you because they had 0% chance anyway. Now they can compete, but it's not really competition because you're still getting just as many drops as you did without them.

Skiller
Developer

Post by Skiller » Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:43 pm

Rapsey ily and your maths

I2aw origins
Premium Donator

Post by I2aw origins » Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:44 pm

Rapsey wrote:
What NPC? How many other players contesting the drop?

I said it was extremely rare in your example where a player just does 1 hit. If you're actually competing for the drop then it all depends on how big the difference in damage is.

Let's take KQ as an example (2*255 = 510HP) and say you're competing with 1 other player who's in worse gear:

He does 1 damage, you do 509 damage => you get 99.87% of the drops
He does 10 damage, you do 500 damage => you get 98.68% of the drops
He does 50 damage, you do 460 damage => you get 93.24% of the drops
He does 100 damage, you do 410 damage => you get 86.01% of the drops
He does 150 damage you do 360 damage => you get 78.26% of the drops
He does 200 damage, you do 310 damage => you get 69.92% of the drops
He does 250 damage, you do 260 damage => you get 60.94% of the drops
He does 254 damage, you do 256 damage => you get 60.19% of the drops

So if you are indeed losing exactly 4/11 kills on average that would mean he's doing 235 damage and you're doing 275 damage, resulting in him having 36.29% chance and you having 63.71% chance. I know, that's a pretty big difference compared to how it was. However!

One thing you have to keep in mind is you're getting 63.71% drop chance for only doing 53.92% of the damage. In other words, thanks to that other player being there you're managing to kill every KQ pretty much twice as fast. Some rough calculations on the impact of this:

Someone doing KQ solo can get a kill, on average, every 71 seconds. This includes the ~16 second respawn timer so it takes about 55 seconds to actually kill both forms. With another player helping you as stated above, the time it takes to kill it is almost halved (say 28 seconds instead of 55) meaning you can kill one every 44 seconds instead of 71.

So then:
  • Doing KQ solo: 71 seconds per drop @ 100% chance = 50.7 drops per hour.
  • Sharing KQ like that (before update): 44 seconds per drop @ 100% chance = 81.8 drops per hour. In other words, that player being there is increasing your profit rate by a whopping 61.5%, and they're getting literally nothing for it!
  • Sharing KQ like that (after update): 44 seconds per drop @ 63.71% chance = 52.1 drops per hour. In other words, with that other player being there you still make more profit than being there solo, even if they get 4/11 drops! And that's not even taking into account that you'll be able to last a lot longer on the same inventory.
This is why we say it's really not a big deal. It's a significant change to the way things were of course, because in the past having some poor sod there was actually a massive boost for you. With the new system you get drops pretty much just as fast as you would if you were there solo, while the poor sod also manages to make some profit so he can finally buy the gear you need to be competitive on PkHonor.

I know, lots of maths, sorry about that. I hope I managed to illustrate why we think this new system doesn't actually harm maxed-gear veterans. In the past people in worse gear simply wouldn't compete with you because they had 0% chance anyway. Now they can compete, but it's not really competition because you're still getting just as many drops as you did without them.
BAM Rapsey droppin' some knowledge.

Azu rite
Premium Donator

Post by Azu rite » Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:45 pm

Azu rite wrote:So you lowered the drop rates for sara gwds bedside it was more profitable, yet outside of nex it has the most annoying/longest kill count to get if you don't have death?

I2aw origins
Premium Donator

Post by I2aw origins » Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:49 pm

Azu rite wrote:
Azu rite wrote:So you lowered the drop rates for sara gwds bedside it was more profitable, yet outside of nex it has the most annoying/longest kill count to get if you don't have death?
Mike answered that in a previous reply, someone else already brought it up.

Azu rite
Premium Donator

Post by Azu rite » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:03 pm

I2aw origins wrote:
Azu rite wrote:
Mike answered that in a previous reply, someone else already brought it up.
Overlooked that part

Troll n roll
Premium Donator

Post by Troll n roll » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:06 pm

Mike wrote:Fixed the bug that would make you stop following another player when eating or switching gear
Not 100%, but I don't think this applies when you are switching to range or magic.
Adam the lion wrote:If you are making super pots for profit on an rsps, you really need to re-evaluate your life.

R3v k1ller
Honor Player

Post by R3v k1ller » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:41 pm

Just got a kill over a comp using just 1 item dhally lol.