10 August updates - PVM changes & bugfixes

All of PkHonor's news will be posted here.
Lord zilla
Premium Donator

Re: 10 August updates - PVM changes & bugfixes

Post by Lord zilla » Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:51 pm

went to nex after this update with my main and honor no one else was there but for some reason my main wasnt getting the kills i can only assume it was my honor getting them because there was no one else there even though the loots werent showing up for the honor they didnt show up for my main afterwards so it wasnt like it was someone elses drop its just like the kill never happened really frustrating please fix this asap

Txpn
Honor Player

Post by Txpn » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:50 pm

Great update thanks mike!

Xanax 2mg
Premium Donator

Post by Xanax 2mg » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:58 pm

i remember being the guy with shit gear trying To pvm TO make money For pk, and getting Crashed by people with chaos comps and Unholy whip plus vesta ddef was just flat out draining me of my hopes to pvm For money vs These guys who have everything and want more. i like the pvm update, i hope every nub snipes a tplate, arma hilt, or a diamond from the elite pvmers. thanks For the dh underswing! can you make it to where it dosent change attack Style after you swap back to whip or whatever weapon youre using? i have to click underswing style after i switch to my axe. still awesome tho love Seeing It!

Isaac
Honor Player

Post by Isaac » Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:16 pm

Great updates, we all knew some sort of nerf was needed to those with the best gear like myself. I think this system is much fairer for everyone.

Isaac
Honor Player

Post by Isaac » Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:34 pm

Mike here's a Zulrah kill log for 800 Zulrahs.

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=66598

R3v k1ller
Honor Player

Post by R3v k1ller » Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:56 pm

Mike wrote:
R3v k1ller wrote:I'm going to believe what ive seen. If your right there should be no issue, but I see a lot of complaints coming from this drop system.
People with the absolute best gear could camp a boss and get guaranteed loot 90% of the time while competing with other players with slightly less good gear. That system was by no means enjoyable to anyone except the one player that happens to have *the* best gear. It was the main reason behind the introduction of the Morph realm, because nobody could compete with players who had Death and nobody except the Death players received any drops whatsoever. It was a huge source of frustration for everyone (except, of course, those who had Death). Just like most bosses in PkHonor were a frustration when new players had to compete with maxed out veterans and get literally 0% of the loot. It was an important issue that needed addressing.
In RuneScape itself, this is somewhat less of an issue, because there aren't nearly as many players with maxed gear. And if a world is crowded there, you can always go to another one. In PkHonor, you don't have a choice - if you happen to compete with a max gear veteran, tough luck. Not anymore as of today.

The new system allows everyone a chance, while still giving those with the best gear most of the drops. It's balanced and exactly how it should be. It removes a significant source of frustration for new players and will motivate them to keep playing, rather than giving up because they can't get any loot. If anything, Jagex could learn from us in this regard.

There are literally no valid arguments that you can bring up against this change. "But someone will steal my loot by doing 1 hit" is - as Rapsey stated - statistically a complete non-issue, not to mention something nobody has any reason to do. If anyone would want to "crash" someone's NPC, they'd at least keep dealing damage, not just do 1 hit and sit in a corner to wait until it's dead - it's inefficient and pointless and will almost never result in any loot. Also, remember that loot is only given to a player if they are nearby at the time of death and dealt damage to it recently.
It's to everyone's advantage, except the maxed out veterans, who usually already have billions - if not trillions - already. Plus we need to focus more on getting new players to stay on PkHonor to make the community grow.

I rest my case.
why not use the system that everybody suggested for years now..the same as rs always did. Team damage stacks and most damage wins the kill. this would give players a reason to make friends and play together to take on the high lvl solo players.

James
Premium Donator

Post by James » Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:03 pm

R3v k1ller wrote:why not use the system that everybody suggested for years now..the same as rs always did. Team damage stacks and most damage wins the kill. this would give players a reason to make friends and play together to take on the high lvl solo players.
Are you sure that's how it works? I've crashed clans corping before by myself, there's absolutely no way I outhit 10+ people

Skiller
Developer

Post by Skiller » Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:15 pm

James wrote:
R3v k1ller wrote:why not use the system that everybody suggested for years now..the same as rs always did. Team damage stacks and most damage wins the kill. this would give players a reason to make friends and play together to take on the high lvl solo players.
Are you sure that's how it works? I've crashed clans corping before by myself, there's absolutely no way I outhit 10+ people
That's what RS uses, not PKH. PkH it doesn't matter if you're clanned or not, it's just whoever does most damage

On a side note, how's Andres doing? Any new updates from him??

James
Premium Donator

Post by James » Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:16 pm

The builder wrote:
James wrote:
That's what RS uses, not PKH. PkH it doesn't matter if you're clanned or not, it's just whoever does most damage

On a side note, how's Andres doing? Any new updates from him??
I'm talking about rs

Skiller
Developer

Post by Skiller » Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:25 pm

James wrote:I'm talking about rs
Ah okay my bad! :)