10 August updates - PVM changes & bugfixes

All of PkHonor's news will be posted here.
Skiller
Developer

Re: 10 August updates - PVM changes & bugfixes

Post by Skiller » Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:54 pm

R3v k1ller wrote:Just got a kill over a comp using just 1 item dhally lol.
Dhally has an op spec. Even before the update dhally could crash at bosses

R3v k1ller
Honor Player

Post by R3v k1ller » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:46 pm

The builder wrote:
1 item unpotted with 1 spec that hit a 21 total?

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Post by Iron adam » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:56 pm

The builder wrote:
I was killing venenatis with my chaos. As r3v said, he hit a 21 with one of the specs. He got the drop despite me doing the majority of the damage. Obviously there was a small chance for it to happen, but it did.
Old mechanics certainly weren't perfect, but I don't think this will be better.

Rapsey
Sysadmin

Post by Rapsey » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:38 pm

Adamthalion wrote:
The builder wrote:
I was killing venenatis with my chaos. As r3v said, he hit a 21 with one of the specs. He got the drop despite me doing the majority of the damage. Obviously there was a small chance for it to happen, but it did.
It can still be tweaked. Maybe in order to have a chance at getting the drop you'd need to do at least half as much damage as the person who did the most damage?

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Post by Iron adam » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:53 pm

Rapsey wrote:It can still be tweaked. Maybe in order to have a chance at getting the drop you'd need to do at least half as much damage as the person who did the most damage?
That would certainly take care of getting sniped in extreme cases like this one.
Personally, I much prefer the old way. Always been like that in every version of rs I have played. However, I understand the logic behind changing it.

Ruler
Honor Player

Post by Ruler » Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:57 pm

Adamthalion wrote:
The builder wrote:
Yeah but vene has very low hp (255) atm so it's still a 6% chance for r3v to get the kill if you hit 21... Something like this wouldn't happen that often at a boss like nex, where I would understand the frustration...

Skiller
Developer

Post by Skiller » Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:46 pm

Sverre wrote:Yeah but vene has very low hp (255) atm so it's still a 6% chance for r3v to get the kill if you hit 21... Something like this wouldn't happen that often at a boss like nex, where I would understand the frustration...
With the change requiring a player to do at least half the damage of the player who did the most, you would need to hit at least 85 damage to ensure a chance at a drop from Venenatis.

It would be a lot more frustrating at Nex, for sure.

Nerds123
Honor Player

Post by Nerds123 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:17 am

Mike wrote: [*]Honor players can no longer use enchanted bolt special attacks against NPC's when outside the morph world
[*]Honor players can no longer block NPC's outside the morph world - the NPC's will walk through them as if they weren't there
These two worry me, I feel like Honor status is less worth now, People use it for the extra help they offer in solo pvming, Now you're basically nerfing them even more.
Spoiler: show

Rapsey
Sysadmin

Post by Rapsey » Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:15 am

Nerds123 wrote:
Mike wrote: [*]Honor players can no longer use enchanted bolt special attacks against NPC's when outside the morph world
[*]Honor players can no longer block NPC's outside the morph world - the NPC's will walk through them as if they weren't there
These two worry me, I feel like Honor status is less worth now, People use it for the extra help they offer in solo pvming, Now you're basically nerfing them even more.
I'm sorry, but just because people decided to use them to cheat certain game mechanics doesn't mean we're going to accept that this is what honors are now for. In pretty much every single news post concerning honors since they were first introduced we have said the same thing: they are not meant to be a tool for boosting progress on your main. The whole point of honors is they can't affect regular accounts in any way, and every time we have learned of a new trick people are using to get around this we have patched it as we would any other abusable bug.

We do understand that some people may have started seeing honors as tools for progress. We really don't want to make honors useless, and we are looking for new benefits we can add to make them more worthwhile, but I don't think we will add anything that lets you benefit your other accounts. That's the one thing we have always been trying to avoid. We made the honor status to be essentially an expensive cosmetic item/account with the ability to explore and try out everything in a sandbox-like mode. I don't think we're going to turn them into some kind of no-summoning PvM familiars. :P

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Post by Iron adam » Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:20 am

Nerds123 wrote:
Nah this needed to happen. Those were easily abusable. Killing corp became 2x as fast suicide speccing with ruby bolts +veng.
I wasn't aware of the blocking one, but that definitely needed to be fixed as well.