10 August updates - PVM changes & bugfixes

All of PkHonor's news will be posted here.
Nerds123
Honor Player

Re: 10 August updates - PVM changes & bugfixes

Post by Nerds123 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:54 pm

Rapsey wrote: We do understand that some people may have started seeing honors as tools for progress. We really don't want to make honors useless, and we are looking for new benefits we can add to make them more worthwhile, but I don't think we will add anything that lets you benefit your other accounts. That's the one thing we have always been trying to avoid. We made the honor status to be essentially an expensive cosmetic item/account with the ability to explore and try out everything in a sandbox-like mode. I don't think we're going to turn them into some kind of no-summoning PvM familiars. :P
Now that you explain it in this matter, It's much more understandable, I understand the way you're going with it, But I am speaking of the CURRENT state of honor, With those nerfs, and the current features given to honor, It's basically a 30b+ purchase, for 1 hour of actual gameplay (spawn everything, go wander around using xtele command exploring unused game maps :P).
I'm not "bitching" about it because I used honor as a progress tool and now I cant anymore, It's just that the status itself had so many nerfs regarding it, It turned into something useless.
Spoiler: show

Rapsey
Sysadmin

Post by Rapsey » Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:23 pm

Nerds123 wrote:I'm not "bitching" about it because I used honor as a progress tool and now I cant anymore, It's just that the status itself had so many nerfs regarding it, It turned into something useless.
That's true, although... I'm honestly not sure if the honor status is something that should be a worthwhile purchase for every player. That may sound like a strange thing to say but I've never thought of honors as something everyone should have. More like something that might be worth the purchase for hardcore players who want to do a lot of experimenting with different gear loadouts and such (which honors enable you to do way faster and more easily), or for people who have so much money in their banks that 35B is peanuts to spend just for some pointless messing around.

To me it seems a bit futile to try to make them worth it because no matter what we do, as long as honors can't benefit your other accounts they will never really be worth the money. Every other ability we could give them would be nothing more than some fancy toy that you get bored with after an hour. But then I don't really see this as a problem because you're not even paying 35B for a few hours of fun. You can just sell the honor status again once you've seen it all (which many people do), so really the fun only costs you 5B and not 35B.

James
Premium Donator

Post by James » Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:45 pm

Rapsey wrote:
Nerds123 wrote:I'm not "bitching" about it because I used honor as a progress tool and now I cant anymore, It's just that the status itself had so many nerfs regarding it, It turned into something useless.
That's true, although... I'm honestly not sure if the honor status is something that should be a worthwhile purchase for every player. That may sound like a strange thing to say but I've never thought of honors as something everyone should have. More like something that might be worth the purchase for hardcore players who want to do a lot of experimenting with different gear loadouts and such (which honors enable you to do way faster and more easily), or for people who have so much money in their banks that 35B is peanuts to spend just for some pointless messing around.

To me it seems a bit futile to try to make them worth it because no matter what we do, as long as honors can't benefit your other accounts they will never really be worth the money. Every other ability we could give them would be nothing more than some fancy toy that you get bored with after an hour. But then I don't really see this as a problem because you're not even paying 35B for a few hours of fun. You can just sell the honor status again once you've seen it all (which many people do), so really the fun only costs you 5B and not 35B.
Just wondering, I don't mean this is a hostile way or anything, but why would you want to remove these honors effects but you were unwilling to remove right-click to attack for non-donators?

I would have thought that discouraging people to buy honors would have more of a dampening on income generated by the server than letting people left click their opponent in the wilderness. I understand why you would do it in terms of making PvMing easier but I don't really understand why you would want to sacrifice some of the servers income for something so small.

Rapsey
Sysadmin

Post by Rapsey » Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:00 pm

James wrote:Just wondering, I don't mean this is a hostile way or anything, but why would you want to remove these honors effects but you were unwilling to remove right-click to attack for non-donators?

I would have thought that discouraging people to buy honors would have more of a dampening on income generated by the server than letting people left click their opponent in the wilderness. I understand why you would do it in terms of making PvMing easier but I don't really understand why you would want to sacrifice some of the servers income for something so small.
True, we do need to make sure we maintain a steady stream of income, but I don't think because of that we should make every item in the donator shop give you in-game advantages and thus make it so every player needs one to be competitive. That would mean we also can't add any true cosmetic items in the future just because they would sell more if they gave advantages. :P

Unlike the honor status, the donator and premium statuses are all about in-game advantages. They were designed so that you don't need them to play but everyone who is at all serious about making progress on PkHonor will get one sooner or later. To me it makes a lot of sense to be opposed to removing some of those benefits, since they are what the donator & premium statuses are all about. That's not exactly the same thing as removing some trick people can do with a cosmetic item to get in-game advantages.

Because of how honors are used to trick certain game mechanics there is also no control over how much benefit people can get out of it. For example, if it's true that the things we just patched let people kill bosses twice as fast then that's a ridiculously overpowered side-effect. Nothing in our donator shop (or anywhere else) is supposed to give you that big of an advantage, it's just unbalanced. I mean, what if someone finds a bug that lets you use an honor to kill bosses on your main without taking a single point of damage? Sure, that'd make honors very much in demand, but does that mean we should let that continue? We're not quite that desperate to make more money.

Nerds123
Honor Player

Post by Nerds123 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:48 am

Rapsey wrote: For example, if it's true that the things we just patched let people kill bosses twice as fast then that's a ridiculously overpowered side-effect. Nothing in our donator shop (or anywhere else) is supposed to give you that big of an advantage, it's just unbalanced. I mean, what if someone finds a bug that lets you use an honor to kill bosses on your main without taking a single point of damage? Sure, that'd make honors very much in demand, but does that mean we should let that continue? We're not quite that desperate to make more money.
I personally did use my honor for pvm activities just because the help it offered was immense, you could afk certain end-game bosses with it aswell.
So I understand what you are trying to do with honor, But it all just came at once, all those nerfs back 2 back. And to be fully honest with you, I never really knew your purpose for honor till now, now that you explained it thorougly.
Spoiler: show

Tezey
Honor Player

Post by Tezey » Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:12 am

Nerds123 wrote:
Rapsey wrote: For example, if it's true that the things we just patched let people kill bosses twice as fast then that's a ridiculously overpowered side-effect. Nothing in our donator shop (or anywhere else) is supposed to give you that big of an advantage, it's just unbalanced. I mean, what if someone finds a bug that lets you use an honor to kill bosses on your main without taking a single point of damage? Sure, that'd make honors very much in demand, but does that mean we should let that continue? We're not quite that desperate to make more money.
I personally did use my honor for pvm activities just because the help it offered was immense, you could afk certain end-game bosses with it aswell.
So I understand what you are trying to do with honor, But it all just came at once, all those nerfs back 2 back. And to be fully honest with you, I never really knew your purpose for honor till now, now that you explained it thorougly.
Just get an alt, will cost you abit but it will make killing bosses alot faster, less afkable and more fun. Hopefully dual slayer will get added soon.