6 July updates

All of PkHonor's news will be posted here.
Mike
Programmer

6 July updates

Post by Mike » Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:01 pm

• Whenever you drop a Trident of The Seas, Trident of The Swamp, Toxic Blowpipe, Serpentine Helm, Tanzanite Helm or Magma Helm on death, the item will be converted to the uncharged version and drop for the killer, along with any Zulrah's scales it was charged with (as well as any runes in a Trident and Darts in a Blowpipe)
  • The Saradomin & Zamorak portals have been removed from Castle Wars, so now you can only join through the Guthix portal, meaning everyone will randomly get a team assigned. Once your account (or your IP address or other computer identifier) has been assigned to a team, you can not swap to the other team until the start of the next game
  • Getting hit by an NPC while wearing a Serpentine/Magma/Tanzanite helm now has a chance to envenom the NPC (unless, of course, they are immune to venom)
  • Implings at Puro-Puro will no longer fly over the wheat, making them much easier to catch
  • Bind, Snare & Entangle spells now work properly against NPC's. Keep in mind that any Bind, Snare, Entangle or Freeze spells do not work on larger NPC's in PkHonor. I must admit I'm not 100% sure if it should be like this or not, so I welcome input and feedback on this
  • You can now cast Bind, Snare & Entangle on Implings & Butterflies to hold them in place. Normally, Snare can deal up to 2 damage and Entangle up to 5 damage, but when used against implings or butterflies, they will always deal 0 damage. The NPC's will not turn aggressive when bound, meaning this is a safe mechanic for skillers
  • Honor players can now transfer their status to another account themselves - all they need to do is talk to the Donator Shop Salesman in Varrock and enter the name of the player they want to give the status to. The honor will then be banned and the status (item) will be put in the other player's refund box, where it can be claimed for 5B
  • Fixed Venenatis performing melee attacks from a distance
  • The ancient altar at Nex has been slightly moved (and an extra obstacle placed) to fix a safespot bug and prevent players from being able to hide from the 4 mages
  • Nex is now immune to venom
  • Fixed the Bandos Kiteshield effect not always working against Nex - to clarify, as a part of the Correcting History quest, you are tasked to obtain a Bandos Kiteshield from Nex. This shield has a passive effect against Nex, reducing her damage to you by 20% as well as having a 1/4 chance to completely negate all damage and deflect 25% of the original damage back onto her. The bug was that the damage reduction would only work when she was not under a protective spell from any of her mages. This has now been fixed
  • You are now protected from NPC attacks for 8 seconds after logging in (instead of 12 seconds)
  • The Castle Wars doors are now immune to both poison & venom (oops)
  • The flowers near the Black Warlocks in the skilling center have been removed so the butterflies are easier to catch
  • Fixed the animation when cutting gems (now it really does show the correct animation)
  • Fixed your character doing an infinite animation loop when cutting gems
  • Fixed the bone dagger special attack not working against NPC's

And of course, don't forget our double pet drops for the whole weekend! Starting in:

Ends in:

Look forward to more updates soon! I know my forums activity has been very low lately and several suggestion topics still require my input or approval, but we're getting there.

Respire1337
Premium Donator

Re: Todays updates - 6 July 2017

Post by Respire1337 » Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:06 pm

Really good updates Mike. Keep up the good work! Can't wait for more content in the future.

Freeze em
Honor Player

Post by Freeze em » Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:06 pm

Good shit Mike. Keep it up :D

Skiller
Developer

Post by Skiller » Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:14 pm

Great QoL Mike! Thanks for all the work.

Any hints on what the next things coming are??

Always hungry for more :D

James
Premium Donator

Post by James » Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:15 pm

Mike wrote: [*]Getting hit by an NPC while wearing a Serpentine/Magma/Tanzanite helm now has a chance to envenom the NPC (unless, of course, they are immune to venom)
Venom is only suppose to be applied if you hit the NPC (25% chance). Not a big deal.

Good to see the castle wars update =)

The underdog
Premium Donator

Post by The underdog » Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:16 pm

Did the serp helm price change so all sorts of junk doesn't protect over it?

Edit: nope :cry:
Last edited by The underdog on Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#Justice4Church

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:19 pm

The builder wrote:Great QoL Mike! Thanks for all the work.

Any hints on what the next things coming are??

Always hungry for more :D
I was actually planning on some extra wilderness content & QoL updates, but decided to bring out these other QoL improvements and bugfixes first instead. There will probably be several more bugfixes in the next update, but I do hope to get some wilderness stuff in there as well. Maybe one or two things that Andres has worked on as well.
James wrote:
Mike wrote: [*]Getting hit by an NPC while wearing a Serpentine/Magma/Tanzanite helm now has a chance to envenom the NPC (unless, of course, they are immune to venom)
Venom is only suppose to be applied if you hit the NPC (25% chance). Not a big deal.
Darn it. Looks like they changed that particular mechanic just a month ago. Thank you for pointing this out, I'll make sure to change it in the next update, so it is applied when you hit an enemy while wearing a serp helm, rather than when you're getting hit.

The underdog wrote:Did the serp helm price change so all sorts of junk doesn't protect over it?

Edit: nope :cry:
Has there been a price change suggestion for the serp helm (and recolors)? If not, I'd recommend putting one up here. When someone (or more than one player) has suggested a reasonable price, we'll make sure to adjust it accordingly.

Ruler
Honor Player

Re: 6 July updates

Post by Ruler » Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:37 pm

Are you sure there are no dupes with the honor removal and that you can't remove someone elses honor? Pretty sure this was the problem the first time you added the NPC and therefore postponed it.

The underdog
Premium Donator

Post by The underdog » Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:46 pm

Sverre wrote:Are you sure there are no dupes with the honor removal and that you can't remove someone elses honor? Pretty sure this was the problem the first time you added the NPC and therefore postponed it.
Sssssh, but yeah I tried to test it but there's no test server with the latest update on it as far im aware :zoidberg:
#Justice4Church

Skiller
Developer

Post by Skiller » Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:00 pm

The underdog wrote:
Sverre wrote:Are you sure there are no dupes with the honor removal and that you can't remove someone elses honor? Pretty sure this was the problem the first time you added the NPC and therefore postponed it.
Sssssh, but yeah I tried to test it but there's no test server with the latest update on it as far im aware :zoidberg:
Unless I'm reading it incorrectly, the honor player is the one who removes it. That way, you have to be logged into the account with the honor status to get its status removed. Then it just sits in refund box until you pay the 5b for it. Honestly seems like a great system not sure why it just started to be a thing lol