6 July updates

All of PkHonor's news will be posted here.
Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Re: 6 July updates

Post by Iron adam » Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:36 pm

James wrote:
Adamthalion wrote:
Bind, Snare & Entangle spells now work properly against NPC's. Keep in mind that any Bind, Snare, Entangle or Freeze spells do not work on larger NPC's in PkHonor. I must admit I'm not 100% sure if it should be like this or not, so I welcome input and feedback on this
Can Confirm. Bind/Snare/Entangle DO work on npcs bigger than 1x1.
Here is a test on hellhounds, which are 2x2.

Test it on a boss you freak
Is this a boss?

James
Premium Donator

Post by James » Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:43 pm

wow nice mole bot, you signing up for rot?

Alex
Premium Donator

Post by Alex » Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:47 pm

Very nice updates mike, I'm actually excited to do castle wars now with these fixes

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Post by Iron adam » Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:31 am

Rapsey wrote:
Sverre wrote:Yeah except 99% of all honors are shared....
And you really shouldn't be sharing your accounts with people you don't trust. I don't see how being able to take the status is any different from being able to change the password and take the account for yourself. Also with the old system anyone with access to the honor could have staff remove the status so really nothing changes.
Ely rejected people all the time because they were not the original owner. That let people share their honors with others without the risk of losing the 30b cost of the status. Sure someone could change the password, but they wouldn't be able to take the wealth associated with the status from the account.
From what it sounds like, this update would allow people who share honors to steal the status even if they are not the original owner of the account. If there is no automatic IP check to ensure it is being removed by the original owner, then I don't think this is a good update. I understand that people shouldn't be sharing accounts in the first place, but this might create a lot of extra reports for staff to deal with.

Ryan
Staff Manager

Post by Ryan » Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:43 am

Adamthalion wrote:
Rapsey wrote:
And you really shouldn't be sharing your accounts with people you don't trust. I don't see how being able to take the status is any different from being able to change the password and take the account for yourself. Also with the old system anyone with access to the honor could have staff remove the status so really nothing changes.
Ely rejected people all the time because they were not the original owner. That let people share their honors with others without the risk of losing the 30b cost of the status. Sure someone could change the password, but they wouldn't be able to take the wealth associated with the status from the account.
From what it sounds like, this update would allow people who share honors to steal the status even if they are not the original owner of the account. If there is no automatic IP check to ensure it is being removed by the original owner, then I don't think this is a good update. I understand that people shouldn't be sharing accounts in the first place, but this might create a lot of extra reports for staff to deal with.

^

I never remove honors unless I confirm the real owner first.

Tezey
Honor Player

Post by Tezey » Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:58 am

Adamthalion wrote:
Rapsey wrote:
As rapsey said, accounts shouldn't be shared with people you don't trust. More log works for the mods, I'm sure they can use the experience. Less workload for the admins can lead to what Ryan is doing with the pvming thing and bonding with the community. I don't see a downside to this. In X amount of time no one will share their honors and the only problem left is that the prices go up, which isn't really a problem either.

Ruler
Honor Player

Post by Ruler » Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:32 am

Well ofcourse you shouldn't share accounts because all the risk is yours then. But before there was no reason to not share a honor. The worst thing they could do is changepass and then you can easily get it back.

Azu rite
Premium Donator

Post by Azu rite » Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:35 am

The honor update seems like it would be easier for a hacker to get your status

Billy
Staff Consultant

Post by Billy » Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:46 pm

Azu rite wrote:The honor update seems like it would be easier for a hacker to get your status
As we've always recommended, make sure to use unique passwords, set a bankpin and make sure to set a recovery email for your in-game accounts and they should be pretty safe. Sharing accounts is at the risk of the owner itself. The current system for honor removals wasn't optimal. Players sometimes had to wait for days, sometimes over a week to get an admin online for them to remove the honor status.

I2aw origins
Premium Donator

Post by I2aw origins » Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:26 pm

In regards to honor statueses, if a player gets their honor hacked and they stake/sell the status, will the player who was hacked get it back?

If they get it back, then its fine. If they don't, then that's kinda bs..