22 May updates

All of PkHonor's news will be posted here.
Grant
Premium Donator

Re: 22 May updates

Post by Grant » Mon May 22, 2017 10:12 pm

Mike wrote:
Azu rite wrote:It hits too fast even using rune knives it's too fast...
Server won't register all the hits
Hits do always register, but it may not always show up as hitsplats. RuneScape's client engine is limited to 2 hitsplats per game tick (600 ms) :P

Also, the completionist cape (chaos) is not useless with the blowpipe. If you want to get the max DPS out of the blowpipe, you simply use accurate setting with a chaos comp cape. Then you have the accuracy bonus from accurate AND the speed bonus as if it were rapid mode.
Guess I didn't think about that earlier on, Thanks for listening to our suggestions tho.

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Mon May 22, 2017 10:18 pm

Updated right now:
  • Fixed the blowpipe attack speed against NPC's (wasn't properly
  • Fixed the Zaryte bow acting as a melee weapon

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Post by Iron adam » Mon May 22, 2017 10:22 pm

Mike wrote:Updated right now:
  • Fixed the blowpipe attack speed against NPC's (wasn't properly
  • Fixed the Zaryte bow acting as a melee weapon
Can confirm it is functioning.

Pearlescent
Premium Donator

Post by Pearlescent » Tue May 23, 2017 1:06 am

I still don't get why the blowpipe can't just be used fully with a chaos comp since there is what, 100~ people who own a chaos comp (maybe less) and then less that are active and less again that would bother using it on a regular basis. that doesn't sound particularly game breaking or OP considering they can already crash anyone who doesn't own enchanted comp's if they had to and it wouldn't really bring drops into the game much faster than currently at all. it just gives us more variety where range is actually best to use and zulrah more reason kill.

If blowpipe was too strong at a boss that isn't supposed to be weak to range it would be reasonable to buff that boss's range defence to compensate.

I2aw origins
Premium Donator

Post by I2aw origins » Tue May 23, 2017 1:09 am

Pearlescent wrote:I still don't get why the blowpipe can't just be used fully with a chaos comp since there is what, 100~ people who own a chaos comp (maybe less) and then less that are active and less again that would bother using it on a regular basis. that doesn't sound particularly game breaking or OP considering they can already crash anyone who doesn't own enchanted comp's if they had to and it wouldn't really bring drops into the game much faster than currently at all. it just gives us more variety where range is actually best to use and zulrah more reason kill.

If blowpipe was too strong at a boss that isn't supposed to be weak to range it would be reasonable to buff that boss's range defence to compensate.
Because you can't just continuously add more overpowered stuff into the game. Eventually you'll hit a wall, something that pkh is very close to with the enchanted chaos whips and death and what not.

Also you said it yourself, there's ~100 people that have it so its not even a big deal to the vast majority of players.

Azu rite
Premium Donator

Post by Azu rite » Tue May 23, 2017 1:11 am

Chaos comp + blowpipe = hits not registering half of the time.

It speeds it up too much, same goes for rune knives really

Ross
Premium Donator

Post by Ross » Tue May 23, 2017 1:13 am

Grant wrote:
Mike wrote:
  • The toxic blowpipe now has increased attack speed in PvM, so now it works exactly like OSRS. However, you cannot use the rapid stance while wearing a Completionist Cape (Chaos)
So the blowpipe on rapid settings on any other cape, is now the same as chaos on accurate. Meaning that wearing a chaos cape is completely pointless with Blowpipe now.
Using accurate setting but getting the rapid dps, that's pointless?

Kory pk
Premium Donator

Post by Kory pk » Tue May 23, 2017 1:50 am

I2aw origins wrote:
Pearlescent wrote:I still don't get why the blowpipe can't just be used fully with a chaos comp since there is what, 100~ people who own a chaos comp (maybe less) and then less that are active and less again that would bother using it on a regular basis. that doesn't sound particularly game breaking or OP considering they can already crash anyone who doesn't own enchanted comp's if they had to and it wouldn't really bring drops into the game much faster than currently at all. it just gives us more variety where range is actually best to use and zulrah more reason kill.

Because you can't just continuously add more overpowered stuff into the game. Eventually you'll hit a wall, something that pkh is very close to with the enchanted chaos whips and death and what not.

Also you said it yourself, there's ~100 people that have it so its not even a big deal to the vast majority of players.
The only problem I have with this whole thing is that rune knives out-dps what should be one of the best range weapons in the game. Rune knives are almost just as accurate and cost 20x less. I just feel like there should be some incentive to use a blowpipe over knives

Grizzly mint
Premium Donator

Post by Grizzly mint » Tue May 23, 2017 2:03 am

you can still get double zulrah, and logging out causes the despawn glitch.

Kappa iron
Premium Donator

Post by Kappa iron » Tue May 23, 2017 2:42 am

Grizzly mint wrote:you can still get double zulrah, and logging out causes the despawn glitch.
The double zulrah happens when you teleport out after the kill and return when it would normally respawn as if you stayed there.
It's very easy for it to happen since teleporting to edge and recharging spec and then going back to zulrah is the exact same time it takes for zulrah to respawn.