22 May updates

All of PkHonor's news will be posted here.
Mike
Programmer

22 May updates

Post by Mike » Mon May 22, 2017 4:16 pm

• At last managed to fix the the accidental despawning of Zulrah. I've managed to reproduce the issue, though it has a very complex cause - which is not entirely unexpected since Zulrah is by far our most complex boss. Hopefully this will prove to be a permanent fix, but please let us know if there are any more bugs related to Zulrah
  • The toxic blowpipe now has increased attack speed in PvM, so now it works exactly like OSRS. However, you cannot use the rapid stance while wearing a Completionist Cape (Chaos)
  • Fixed the whip of souls applying soul split twice
  • Fixed the Zaryte bow acting as a melee weapon
  • Fixed the shadow warriors (spawned through the whip of shadows special) not doing any damage to other NPC's. Also, the duration of the shadow warrior spawn has been increased to 18 seconds (from 10 seconds)
  • You can no longer spawn shadow warriors on max hit dummies (since it uses no special amount, players could spawn hundreds of them if they so wished - interestingly enough, nobody appears to have abused this bug before)
  • Fixed the dragon claws special attack not hitting in the correct order
  • Fixed the toxic blowpipe using up arrows or bolts in your arrow slot. Anyone who has lost expensive arrows, please create a refund thread to receive them back

Troll n roll
Premium Donator

Re: 22 May updates

Post by Troll n roll » Mon May 22, 2017 5:00 pm

Good work Mike, people will be happy to actually be able to kill Zulrah.
Adam the lion wrote:If you are making super pots for profit on an rsps, you really need to re-evaluate your life.

Tezey
Honor Player

Post by Tezey » Mon May 22, 2017 5:06 pm

Mike wrote:Fixed the shadow warriors (spawned through the whip of shadows special) not doing any damage to other NPC's. Also, the duration of the shadow warrior spawn has been increased to 18 seconds (from 10 seconds)
You can no longer spawn shadow warriors on max hit dummies (since it uses no special amount, players could spawn hundreds of them if they so wished - interestingly enough, nobody appears to have abused this bug before)
Shadows making a comeback from the shit whips? :o would love to see more of these balance fixes.

Nerds123
Honor Player

Post by Nerds123 » Mon May 22, 2017 5:41 pm

Thanks again Mike !
Spoiler: show

Grant
Premium Donator

Post by Grant » Mon May 22, 2017 7:15 pm

Mike wrote:
  • The toxic blowpipe now has increased attack speed in PvM, so now it works exactly like OSRS. However, you cannot use the rapid stance while wearing a Completionist Cape (Chaos)
So the blowpipe on rapid settings on any other cape, is now the same as chaos on accurate. Meaning that wearing a chaos cape is completely pointless with Blowpipe now.

I2aw origins
Premium Donator

Post by I2aw origins » Mon May 22, 2017 7:24 pm

Grant wrote:
Mike wrote:
So the blowpipe on rapid settings on any other cape, is now the same as chaos on accurate. Meaning that wearing a chaos cape is completely pointless with Blowpipe now.
Ok so use another one of the op capes w/ it?

Andres
Developer

Post by Andres » Mon May 22, 2017 7:27 pm

I2aw origins wrote:
Grant wrote:
Mike wrote:
I have to agree here.

Kory pk
Premium Donator

Post by Kory pk » Mon May 22, 2017 8:28 pm

Andres wrote:
I2aw origins wrote:
Grant wrote:
  • So the blowpipe on rapid settings on any other cape, is now the same as chaos on accurate. Meaning that wearing a chaos cape is completely pointless with Blowpipe now.
I have to agree here.
I'm still really, really confused about why we won't let chaos work with blowpipe. Are we trying to keep rune knives as the highest range dps?

Azu rite
Premium Donator

Post by Azu rite » Mon May 22, 2017 8:30 pm

It hits too fast even using rune knives it's too fast...
Server won't register all the hits

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Mon May 22, 2017 10:10 pm

Azu rite wrote:It hits too fast even using rune knives it's too fast...
Server won't register all the hits
Hits do always register, but it may not always show up as hitsplats. RuneScape's client engine is limited to 2 hitsplats per game tick (600 ms) :P

Also, the completionist cape (chaos) is not useless with the blowpipe. If you want to get the max DPS out of the blowpipe, you simply use accurate setting with a chaos comp cape. Then you have the accuracy bonus from accurate and the speed bonus as if it were rapid mode (from the cape's passive).