20 May updates

All of PkHonor's news will be posted here.
Simon
Honor Player

Re: 20 May updates

Post by Simon » Sat May 20, 2017 7:23 pm

Is there a reason the blowpipe doesn't have its speed boost in PvM?

Right now it's just a shitty, expensive Magic Short Bow. It's outclassed by rune knives...

It really needs its speed boost to not be dead content.

Azu rite
Premium Donator

Post by Azu rite » Sat May 20, 2017 7:30 pm

Simon wrote:Is there a reason the blowpipe doesn't have its speed boost in PvM?

Right now it's just a shitty, expensive Magic Short Bow. It's outclassed by rune knives...

"To give use to it when using a chaos comp cape"

Simon
Honor Player

Post by Simon » Sat May 20, 2017 7:31 pm

Azu rite wrote:

"To give use to it when using a chaos comp cape"
Rune knives with chaos = msb with chaos > blowpipe with chaos

Azu rite
Premium Donator

Post by Azu rite » Sat May 20, 2017 7:33 pm

Subject: Zulrah release imminent
Mike wrote:
Adamthalion wrote:Good to hear. A few comments:
I think the Zul-Andrah Teleport scroll should cost more. Maybe 2m.
Now that the ring of recoil is degradable, can we expect the ring of suffering sometime in the near future? Obviously this would require the implementation of Demonic Gorillas, which would allow a lot of new content. (Zenyte jewelry, Ballista)
http://2007.runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Ring_of_suffering

Does the Blowpipe work with chaos comp? That would make it hit once per tick on rapid. Is the blowpipe going to be 1 tick slower in pvp as it is in OSRS? Are dragon darts going to be kept rare and expensive as to not make the Blowpipe overpowered.
The blowpipe does indeed currently work with the chaos comp cape. I've justed tested it - it is indeed too fast in PvM. I did increase the attack speed in PvM by 1, so I think it might be best to just keep the speed the same for PvM and PvP and allow players to use the chaos comp cape to get the same result as the blowpipe would in PvM in OSRS.

As for dragon darts, we'll probably keep them rare. Though it might be interesting to add iron/steel darts to the ranged store.
And yeah sure, we can have the Demonic gorilla's at some point in the future. Though I think for the next couple of months, we'll mostly be focused on wilderness and PvP content.
Respire1337 wrote:Just tried out the 3 items in the test server. They all work as it should, but when you use the Trident of the Swamp, you go invisible while you use the in-built spell.
Redownload the last client ;) you probably used an old client from before I posted this thread.

Thanks for testing!

^ direct quote...lol

Lkn
Honor Player

Post by Lkn » Sat May 20, 2017 7:40 pm

Double zulrah just happened again :\ I did zulrah for almost 3 hours straight last night without a problem though...

Iron saitama
Premium Donator

Post by Iron saitama » Sat May 20, 2017 8:24 pm

Zulrah is still despawning. Seems to start happening after double Zulrah's spawn.
After 2 Zulrah's spawn and you leave and re-enter, the second Zulrah seems to be gone, but instead I think it just becomes invisible while still spawning snakelings and poison clouds.
I don't think it uses any basic attacks, though. After I realized what was happening (2nd invisible Zulrah) I decided to close my client to try and fix it.
But when I logged back in Zulrah started despawning every fight again.
So double Zulrah might be the trigger to start the despawning Zulrah glitch.

Nick
Honor Player

Post by Nick » Sat May 20, 2017 9:41 pm

Mike wrote:
The builder wrote:Thanks for the updates Mike!

Just curious, what's next on the development team's plate?
Wilderness achievement diary, a new wilderness (mini)boss, some smaller PvP updates.
Any news on Avatars?
Bill Gates wrote:“I choose a lazy person to do a hard job. Because a lazy person will find an easy way to do it.”

Kenneth
Honor Player

Post by Kenneth » Sat May 20, 2017 10:05 pm

If the blow pipe isnt even the best weapon in the game why make dragon darts so rare. Just add darts to a shop so that the item can actualy be used. It cost way to much to upkeep a less than great item, No one is going to use it and it will just end up a useless item along with the boss itself. I dont want to see that.

I2aw origins
Premium Donator

Post by I2aw origins » Sat May 20, 2017 11:10 pm

Sad bird wrote:If the blow pipe isnt even the best weapon in the game why make dragon darts so rare. Just add darts to a shop so that the item can actualy be used. It cost way to much to upkeep a less than great item, No one is going to use it and it will just end up a useless item along with the boss itself. I dont want to see that.
Lmao they're not even close to rare people just are asshole merchers.

Kory pk
Premium Donator

Post by Kory pk » Sun May 21, 2017 12:02 am

I agree with this...

Rune knife dps is waaaaaaaay higher