Todays updates - 5 May 2017

All of PkHonor's news will be posted here.
Ruler
Honor Player

Re: Todays updates - 5 May 2017

Post by Ruler » Sat May 06, 2017 11:41 am

Andres wrote:
Mike wrote:
Sverre wrote:Good update!
Why is it caskets opened in bookcase though and not clues finished?
That's...a good remark...

aka what happens when you don't properly review and think about what other devs have made
This was intended.

I tought it was more usefull to know how many you have opened instead of received.
But that's personal taste I guess.
Clues finished tells you something about how often you pvm, opened tells you how much money someone has. Surely the first is more interesting isn't it

Skiller
Developer

Post by Skiller » Sat May 06, 2017 4:56 pm

Sverre wrote:Clues finished tells you something about how often you pvm, opened tells you how much money someone has. Surely the first is more interesting isn't it
Why not both? :D I think received is interesting yeah as you said to see how many they've gotten from pvm, but the second could help with determining how lucky someone was to get an mstone from elite, and how much they like risk

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Sat May 06, 2017 6:01 pm

Sverre wrote:
Andres wrote: This was intended.

I tought it was more usefull to know how many you have opened instead of received.
Clues finished tells you something about how often you pvm, opened tells you how much money someone has. Surely the first is more interesting isn't it
I hadn't given it much thought at first, but you're right. Anyone can purchase caskets and open them, thereby kind of defeating the purpose of those stats in the PoH bookcase. It's much more interesting to know how many trails someone actually completed.

We can always do both, but I'm not sure. Will have to decide yet.

Azu rite
Premium Donator

Post by Azu rite » Sat May 06, 2017 6:03 pm

Makes more sense to do it by trails

Smdjagex
Premium Donator

Post by Smdjagex » Sat May 06, 2017 6:11 pm

@mike

Morrigan javs don't have an effective range. If you throw one you run into melee range
Credits to maurits for Signature

Monib33
Known Venturer

Post by Monib33 » Sat May 06, 2017 6:22 pm

Mike wrote:
Sverre wrote:

I hadn't given it much thought at first, but you're right. Anyone can purchase caskets and open them, thereby kind of defeating the purpose of those stats in the PoH bookcase. It's much more interesting to know how many trails someone actually completed.

I think this is more beneficial for ironman mode to know how many caskets you have received

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Post by Iron adam » Sat May 06, 2017 7:17 pm

Mike wrote:
Sverre wrote:

As long as space isnt an issue, I think everyone would prefer more data for everything.

Andres
Developer

Post by Andres » Sat May 06, 2017 8:44 pm

Mike also forgot to mention : You can Operate your slayer helmet to see your current task + amount of kills needed.

James
Premium Donator

Post by James » Sat May 06, 2017 8:51 pm

Andres wrote:Mike also forgot to mention : You can Operate your slayer helmet to see your current task + amount of kills needed.
It'd be nice if the 'Operate' option was changed to 'Check' just as it is on osrs. Just a QoL kinda thing.

Andres
Developer

Post by Andres » Sat May 06, 2017 9:04 pm

James wrote:
Andres wrote:Mike also forgot to mention : You can Operate your slayer helmet to see your current task + amount of kills needed.
It'd be nice if the 'Operate' option was changed to 'Check' just as it is on osrs. Just a QoL kinda thing.
Client sided, ask Mike for that :P