Todays updates - 1 March 2017

All of PkHonor's news will be posted here.
Mike
Programmer

Todays updates - 1 March 2017

Post by Mike » Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:34 pm

Important changes
> The initial unlock cost for Ancient Curses has been removed!
All players who had paid before to unlock it have received a refund equal to (3500 - 100 x amount of 99 skills) in PkHonor Points, except those who had also unlocked endless curses
> Each hour of Ancient Curses now costs 100 PkHonor Points to use (instead of 150). Keep in mind: this timer only goes down while in combat
> Unlocking Endless Ancient Curses now costs 5000 PkHonor Points + 3B coins (instead of 3000 PkHonor Points + 3B coins). However, you get 100 PkHonor Points discount for each 99 skill you have (so it only costs 2700 PkHonor Points if you have 99 in all skills)
> Alching an item worth more than 2B will now give you extra 100M tickets so you can receive the full value of the item
> Ironman Mode players now only need to deal 90% of the damage to an NPC to receive the drop (rather than 100% damage). Furthermore, other players are allowed to tank up to 20 damage from an NPC while still allowing drops for Ironman Mode players (rather than not others being allowed to tank any damage whatsoever)
> Fixed the bug that caused players to lose their skull when relogging
> You can now get rid of being skulled by drinking from the Fountain of Heroes. Keep in mind the one in Edgeville only works for Premium members, regular players can build one in their player-owned house. Everyone else can still use the Duel Arena or commit suicide by dropping explosive potions to get rid of the skull.
You can now also see the remaining skull timer in your 'Items kept on death' screen (equipment tab). You can also use ::skulltime (or ::skulltimer)
> Changed the prices text shown in the trade screen. Instead of showing the average prices, it will now show <low price> - <high price>
The coloring of the text (cyan - green - yellow - orange - red) is still based off the average prices
> New players now receive 50 free PkHonor Points when creating a new account
> New players now receive +10% PkHonor Points for the first 6 hours of time played. To summarize, this means new players now have triple combat XP for the first hour and 10% bonus XP, 10% bonus Slayer Points and 10% bonus PkHonor Points for the first 6 hours
Furthermore, new players now receive 3 Combat XP lamps in their inventory which they can use to advance any combat skill to 99. This works the exact same way as ::pure, but this makes it more obvious to new players. The ::pure command still works for anyone who created an account before this update and didn't get these lamps

Changes regarding items lost on death
> Coins, 100M/500M/1B tickets and cannon parts will now drop for other players on death (rather than being sent to your own refund box for free)
> You now have 3 minutes to reobtain a lost fire cape, rather than 2 minutes
> Whenever you die in PvM, items that used to instantly go to your refund box (such as a custom whip or hybrid equipment) will now drop on the floor and you will have 3 minutes to reclaim them. If you cannot reclaim them in time, they will go to your refund box. This change does not apply to PvP. Items that are free to reclaim will still instantly go to your refund box.
> Whenever an Ironman Mode player dies in PvP and drops items worth 1M or more, they will now be converted into coins and/or 100M tickets for the killer. The price is the same as the high alch value of the item. All items worth less than 1M will vanish
> Whenever an Ironman Mode player dies in PvM, all items will now drop on the floor and they will have 3 minutes to reclaim them, after which they will vanish. They will not appear for other players, nor be sent to their refund box

Changes regarding semi-tradable items
> All items from the PkHonor Point shop and Pest Control shop can now be staked and traded through the normal trade screen (rather than just through the Grand Exchange), but only if both parties have unlocked the rights to do so. To trade these items, talk to the PkHonor Point shopkeeper
> Korasi's Sword, Hand Cannon, Dragon Defender, Donator & Premium Status (the items), as well as all Donator- and Premium-only items can now be freely traded and staked amongst all players and will drop like regular items on death. However, an item cannot be worn or used unless the requirements are met. Players will get appropriate warnings when buying or staking items they cannot use
> Hand Cannon and Dragon defender can now be alched
> Torva, Virtus, Pernix and the Zaryte bow can now also be freely traded & staked and will be dropped as an item on death. However, they are now also degradable. They last a total of 30 hours (from full to 0%) and will be unequipped when they reach 0%. They will also degrade by 10% when dropped on death, just like any other degradable item.
These items can only be repaired at an armour repair stand in a Player-Owned House, requiring 99 smithing and 99 crafting, as well as an Ancient Repair Kit (which is similar to the Chaotic Equipment Repair Kit). These repair kits can be traded and are obtainable through (see https://wiki.pkhonor.net/stats/drops - already updated):
- Mystery boxes (chance on 5 - 15 noted kits)
- Advanced mystery boxes (chance on 15 - 25 noted kits)
- Hard & Elite clue caskets
- Nomad, as well as Level 7 & 8 treasure chest in a player-owned house treasure room
- Burnt Chest (Termonuclear Smoke Devil)
- Nex and its 4 mages, as well as ancient mages, rangers and warriors
- All wilderness bosses (King Black Dragon, Glacor, Chaos Elemental, Venenatis and WildyWyrm)
Note that the Saradomin, Zamorak and Guthix bow (bought in the Castle Wars store) do not degrade, so the change to the Zaryte bow now make them an even more worthwhile purchase

General bugfixes
> Fixed not being able to remove a blocked slayer task
> Fixed 'Tool Leprechaun' showing as blocked slayer task
> Fixed a bug where autocasting a spell while having a weapon equipped (other than a staff) would change your attack style once your stop autocasting
> Fixed two noclipping bugs at the Zamorak small door and double doors in Castle Wars, where you were able to walk through a solid wall
> Fixed the placement of the Zamorak double doors in Castle Wars (they were placed one square too far outside and faced the wrong direction)
> You can now no longer set up barricades in the spots right next to the small doors at Castle Wars, to prevent the doors from becoming nearly unusable
> You can now use the right-click option 'Take 5' at the tables in Castle Wars (for bandages, explosive pots, barricades, etc.)
> Fixed the bug that caused a Castle Wars catapult to shoot one square too much North (only on the right-most rows of squares)
> If you have recovered your own flag in CW and go up the ladder from the underground pass into your own base, you now instantly return your flag (instead of having to walk another step before returning it after you climb up the ladder)
> Fixed the broken bank booth at Port Phasmatys
> You can now repair any Chaotic or Nex equipment to 'full' (rather than just to 90%)
> Fixed the bug that made you transform into a rat (rather than a headless zombie) when you click on the Zombie Head in your inventory (reward from the last Halloween event)
> Fixed a bug that allowed players to use the Grand Exchange from anywhere

Of course, don't forget about this weekend's event, +50% hunter and agility XP!
Starts in:

Ends in:

As well as an upcoming Double Vote Point event, since we're at the beginning of a new month!
Starts in:

Ends in:

Jonas
Fanatic

Re: Todays updates - 1 March 2017

Post by Jonas » Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:45 pm

So now if I use my Torva once, it will degrade and it can't be stacked with other sets anymore? God damn, pls increase bank space, kthxbai

Thanks for all the hard work, Mike! Good job.

Ely
Honor Player

Post by Ely » Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:47 pm

If I only I still had 1000 keys to a chest :(

Anyways, nice updates :thumbsup:

Fungamer
Developer

Post by Fungamer » Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:59 pm

Is the chance on getting the repair kit good? I mean, let's say we're talking about 3 items (in a torva set) that need charging at the same time. I wouldn't want to spend all that time in just getting the kits (for an armour only useful whilst pvming, if I recall correctly as it got a pvp nerf?) while I could be doing something else.

Eg how I don't think it should be;
> Your full torva degrades to 0
> You pvm to get a kit
> Hours later, you get one kit
> Cry because you still need two more kits to even be able to use the gear for an hour

I think it'd be nice if you could get them from the pkp shop, perhaps at 2x the price of a chaotic one. I wouldn't mind that, as you gain pkpoints while you play, and not only

Does the 'clock' also tick when you're just wearing the gear, or whilst in combat ?

Next to that, great job :thumbsup:
Last edited by Fungamer on Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tezey
Honor Player

Post by Tezey » Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:59 pm

Ely wrote:If I only I still had 1000 keys to a chest :(

Anyways, nice updates :thumbsup:
Good fight.

Mr etho
Premium Donator

Post by Mr etho » Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:59 pm

Good job Mike! Now we got to wait for them Bughunter contest winners! ;)

God subway
Rookie

Post by God subway » Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:00 pm

revert nex changes and ill log back in gg my bank

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:01 pm

Fungamer wrote:Is the chance on getting the repair kit good? I mean, we're talking about 3 items (in a set) that need charging at the same time.

Does the 'clock' also tick when you're just wearing the gear, or whilst in combat ?

The chance should be decent. Of course, in the early days, there will be far more demand for the kits than there is supply, but there will be a steady stream of new kits through various means.

And yes, as with all degradable items, Nex equipment only degrades while in combat.

Fungamer
Developer

Post by Fungamer » Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:06 pm

Mike wrote:
Fungamer wrote:Is the chance on getting the repair kit good? I mean, we're talking about 3 items (in a set) that need charging at the same time.

The chance should be decent. Of course, in the early days, there will be far more demand for the kits than there is supply, but there will be a steady stream of new kits through various means.

And as with all degradable items, it only degrades while in combat.
Ah, great. Is this the same with curses too? I don't think I recall curses working like that :#:

If the supply keeps being low, I think it'd be nice if you could get them from the pkp shop, perhaps at 2x the price of a chaotic repair kit. I wouldn't mind that, as you gain pkpoints while you play, and not only by focussing on one boss\thing to do

Just thinking in the future :P

Nonetheless, great job! Been looking forward to these updates.

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:08 pm

Fungamer wrote: Ah, great. Is this the same with curses too? I don't think I recall curses working like that :#:

If the supply keeps being low, I think it'd be nice if you could get them from the pkp shop, perhaps at 2x the price of a chaotic repair kit. I wouldn't mind that, as you gain pkpoints while you play, and not only by focussing on one boss\thing to do

Just thinking in the future :P

Nonetheless, great job! Been looking forward to these updates.
Curses has always been like that - the timer only goes down while in combat. At least for the past 3 years or so.

And yes, if we find there to be a serious lack of repair kits in the game after a couple of weeks, we'll be sure to add more means to obtain them. The PkHonor Point Shop might be a decent idea, but we'll see if we need it at all.