Halloween event & QoL updates!

All of PkHonor's news will be posted here.
Mike
Programmer

Halloween event & QoL updates!

Post by Mike » Sat Oct 29, 2016 2:02 am

Updated on 30 October 2016
> Edward Cranium, currently residing in Fenkenstrain's castle is feeling rather down at the moment. His good friend Postie Pete roams Edgeville seeking help for the poor lad. Let's see what we can do for him, shall we?
If you already have a 'Zombie Head' pet from an earlier Halloween Event, you should talk to him instead.

This quest will be available for:

Please note: guides on the quest are not allowed.
There is a known visual glitch at the place near the beginning, haven't managed to find a fix yet. Relogging might help but will also reset the map.

> Death seems to be having him some fun these days. Perhaps a bit too much. Let's hope he doesn't get out of hand, but for now he should be rather harmless. Mostly.
Hint: click stuff. Y'know, just play the game, you'll see. Spamclick won't help.

If you find any bugs related to the event, please report them in this thread under a spoiler tag. That way I can get them fixed as soon as possible ;)

In further news:
> Daily titan events starting on the 31st of October!
> Whenever you receive a random event, you will now get a colored message in your chatbox to warn you of the event, incase you miss it or have a bank/shop/GE/... interface open.
> Random event NPC's are now left-clickable again. This bug was actually an unintentional side effect of an earlier update where picking up a familiar became a right-click option.
> You can now use the 'Escape' button to close any open interface. This applies to the following:
- Bank, Shop, Grand Exchange, Items on Death, CW catapult, basically anything with an 'X' button
- NPC dialogues and menus, input prompt for numbers and in-game PM's, basically anything that overlays your chatbox
If none of these interfaces are open, you're brought to the logout tab instead.
> You can now use the spacebar to continue a conversation with an NPC
> You can now use the numbers 1 - 5 on your keyboard to choose an option when presented with 2, 3, 4 or 5 different options in your chatbox.
> Fixed a bug where events wouldn't get any announcements

That's all for now, feel free check out our new client which has been released on the testserver! The server uses a backup from the production server on 27 October. Please note that what you do on the testserver has no effect on your account on the actual server. The testserver features will be released once all bugs have been fixed.

Do not be alarmed by the numerous pages of bug reports, since several have already been taken care of and most others are small, have been reported multiple times or have the same cause. I can probably get through at least two, probably three or more pages of bug reports a day ;)
But first there is a bit of titan work to be done. Testserver bugfixing starts on Tuesday :)

Enjoy!

2 November update:
Now that RuneLocus has reset its toplist, we have enabled double vote points for the next 3 days!

Ends in:

Furthermore, this weekend we're having a double crafting & fletching XP weekend! Enjoy.

Double crafting/fletching starts in:

Ends in:

Pls live

Re: Halloween event & QoL updates!

Post by Pls live » Mon Oct 31, 2016 2:43 am

Woot, woot good job Mike. :D

Sea foam
One Hit Wonder

Post by Sea foam » Mon Oct 31, 2016 2:50 am

Exciting! So wait if you already have a zombie head who are you supposed to talk to? Also do we newbies get a zombie head anyway? :D

Im yaya

Post by Im yaya » Mon Oct 31, 2016 2:56 am

YEH LETS HELP HIMMM HE NEEDS HELP!!

Im yaya

Post by Im yaya » Mon Oct 31, 2016 2:58 am

Mike good work, but it woulda been nice if u had put rewards down in this thread, but oh well i like me a surprise anyways..

Pureyou
Premium Donator

Post by Pureyou » Mon Oct 31, 2016 3:20 am

when can we get back on

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:18 am

Sea foam wrote:Exciting! So wait if you already have a zombie head who are you supposed to talk to? Also do we newbies get a zombie head anyway? :D
Talk to Postie Pete, he'll tell you more ;) and no, newbies don't get a zombie head but that doesn't matter. Edward is in Fankenstrain's castle (Cities > Canifis teleport or Farming > West Phasmatys patch teleport), you don't necessarily need to talk to Postie Pete first.
Im yaya wrote:Mike good work, but it woulda been nice if u had put rewards down in this thread, but oh well i like me a surprise anyways..
I deliberately left that as a surprise. Would spoil the story ;)

Pureyou wrote:when can we get back on
Server was only down for about 10 seconds during the update, but don't forget to restart your client (or reload your webpage if you're on our webclient) to log in again!

Amount
Premium Donator

Post by Amount » Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:41 am

Mike wrote:
Im yaya wrote:Mike good work, but it woulda been nice if u had put rewards down in this thread, but oh well i like me a surprise anyways..
You leaked that (part of) it is an undead chicken pet when you were sitting AFK with one at Edge. =]

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Mon Oct 31, 2016 5:41 am

Amount wrote:
Mike wrote:
You leaked that (part of) it is an undead chicken pet when you were sitting AFK with one at Edge. =]
Intentional leaks are intentional.

I've done this multiple times in the past, you're the first to ever actually comment on it :P probably not the first to notice, though.
And I'll definitely keep on doing this a lot of times in the future. I kinda like it.

Consider it an easter egg: look at what Mike has/is wearing and that might just be part of future content ;)

Amount
Premium Donator

Post by Amount » Mon Oct 31, 2016 6:09 am

You're always one step ahead, aren't ya. :thumbsup: