The new PkHonor is here! Find bugs & get rewards!

All of PkHonor's news will be posted here.
Mike
Programmer

The new PkHonor is here! Find bugs & get rewards!

Post by Mike » Thu Oct 27, 2016 3:27 am

The time has come! After three months of work in progress, teasers and hype, everyone now gets the opportunity to check out the new client for themselves!

Of course, with this sort of massive undertakings, there's bound to be bugs. Probably lots of them, especially considering I haven't even tested most of the server yet. Therefore, we're organizing a bughunter contest! Pretty simple, all you have to do is play our testserver, find bugs and report them on this thread! The contest will last as long as we deem necessary, but probably about 3 weeks. For the next couple of days, I'll be focused entirely on finishing our halloween event, so I probably won't start fixing testserver bugs until early next week.

You can download our testclient at http://client.pkhonor.net/PkHonor_testclient.zip
(don't forget to extract the zip before running it, or it won't work)

Note that this client does not auto-update (yet), that's a feature planned for the production release. Some other (small) features are also lacking, which we'll add over the course of the next couple of weeks ;)

Rules & guidelines for the bughunter contest
> You must state your in-game username (where you want to receive the reward) in your first bug report or you will not get any points for your reports (just in your first post though)!
> Players get points based on the severity of the bug they report:
- 1 point for minor bugs, visual glitches & unintended pvm safespots
- 2 points for relatively minor bugs, things that don't work or ID's that are wrong (for example an NPC having the wrong ID or being spawned in the wrong place)
- 3 points for general bugs
- 4 points for major bugs
- 5 points for game-breaking bugs
- 6 points for dupes or massive exploits
> You cannot edit posts in this thread (to prevent people from editing their old posts to make it seem like they were the first to report a bug). Double posting is fine.
> Always create a new post for bugs, rather than editing old posts (unless your post is the last post on the thread). Editing old posts will only lead to reports going by unnoticed.
> Points are only awarded if a bug can be reproduced & fixed
> Bugs that are also bugs on the production server do not result in points
> If I was already aware of a bug before it was reported, you will not get points for it
> If two people report the same bug, only the first one gets a reward
> However, if two (or more) people work together to find a bug, they both get the full amount of points normally awarded to one person. So give credit where due ;)
> Screenshots can be helpful, but are not always necessary. If a bug can be easily reproduced by following a couple of simple steps, then writing down the steps can be enough for me.
> At the end of the contest, the 20 people with the most points get a reward:
Spoiler: show
#1: 7500 credits
#2: 5000 credits
#3: 4500 credits
#4: 4250 credits
#5: 4000 credits
#6: 3750 credits
#7: 3500 credits
#8: 3250 credits
#9: 3000 credits
#10: 2750 credits
#11: 2500 credits
#12: 2250 credits
#13: 2000 credits
#14: 1750 credits
#15: 1500 credits
#16: 1250 credits
#17: 1000 credits
#18: 750 credits
#19: 500 credits
#20: 250 credits

What's included in this testserver?
> We now have a fullscreen & resizable client! You can choose your preferred setting in your settings tab, under Display options! Of course, if you still want to use the old, tiny, fixed size client, you're always free to do so. No judgement :jiggly:
There are also other settings supported, such as the toggling of data orbs around the minimap, roof removal, transparent chat/side panel area, modern side panel, new/old hotkeys, etc. However, not all settings have been implemented yet.
Also, I'm not a big fan of the hitsplats in the new client - we'll also be adding the old & modern hitsplats so people can choose for themselves.

> We now have the world map as it is in 07scape (last updated in September this year), meaning we now have lots of new areas such as the Grand Exchange area, new looks for Varrock and other cities, the Wilderness ditch and dozens of other places that we have yet to find a use for, such as Puro-Puro and Zeah!

> Premium members can now have up to 500 players in their friends list and 300 players (or notes) in their ignore list. Donators have up to 400 friends and 200 ignores, regular players have up to 300 friends and 100 ignores.

> Pathfinding has once again had a rework, this time using completely worked out server-sided pathfinding (it's code I got from another publicly released RSPS, which in turn based it off the actual client-sided noclipping code). The main 2 reason we hadn't opted for this approach before is because doing all pathfinding server-sided is too much to handle and a lot of pathfinding-related code is really complex. However, this new code is much simpler and easier to work with and I actually understand how everything works.
When combined with pathfinding-related code I had written in the past, we can - for good this time - have perfect pathing without too much server load! With the new approach, I have already managed to remove the "walking back 1 - 2 steps" bug and you won't get stuck while following someone anymore. I still need to finish the merger with our old code, so there's still a couple bugs related to pathfinding, but it's only a matter of time until I have those worked out as well.

> The Grand Exchange now keeps track of any 100M, 500M and 1B tickets you use, so when you withdraw money you'll always get the same amount of tickets back that you put in. All 500M and 1B tickets used are converted to 100M tickets (due to technical reasons), but this doesn't really matter since 1B to 100M and 100M to 1B ticket conversions are free anyway.

> Shop prices are now fixed and unaffected by price changes. This also means we can finally put the Brawling gloves at a proper value (so you'll keep them on death), while keeping the store price the same. Alch & junk store values still follow price changes, but if you alch an item that's sold in a store, the alch value cannot exceed the store price.

> Weapon style handling on weapon switch is improved & a couple of minor bugs in the combat interface have been fixed
> You can now train defence while autocasting magic spells
> Salamanders & chinchompa's now have the proper combat interface. Salamander combat doesn't have the proper stand or attack animations yet though.
> The familiar minimap orb has been replaced with a Special Attack orb, where you can see how much special energy you have and whether you have enough for a special attack (green text = enough, red text = not enough). You can also click the orb to perform a special attack.

> You can now use "Inspect" on a farming patch in any stage, this will tell you how long until the plant(s) will be fully grown.
> You can now rake a patch by simply clicking it, rather than having to use a rake on the patch.
> You can now click the compass icon to make your camera face North.

> The average login time has been decreased by 2 - 4 seconds (depending on the size of your friends and ignore list). Up til now, friends & ignores were loaded on login as 1 packet per name. I have now packed the loading of friends & ignores into one single packet which can be processed pretty much instantly.
> The downtime of the server during updates has been drastically lowered (it always took about 7 - 10 seconds until now), by adding some smarter loading of data, as well as loading data during runtime, rather than during startup.

> Death (from the Morph ring) now slowly drains your prayer points while in combat (1 point per 10 seconds). If you run out of prayer points, the Soul Split passive will no longer work (except on your special attack, which will always heal you).
Death's special attack now deals between 150 and 255 damage (instead of 200), heals you for 25% of the damage dealt (instead of 20%) and now also restores your prayer points for 25% of the damage dealt. These changes are mostly meant to prevent players from being AFK while training combat with Death, while also buffing Death as a whole a little.

> Armadyl Crossbow and Zamorakian Hasta drops are now registered as rare GWD drops in the Player-Owned House bookcase.

> When you search through the Grand Exchange offers, all offers for the same item with the same price are now grouped together.

And several more features which I forgot to mention here. I'll update this list when I remember them :P

Updated on 27 October 2016
> Players who got a "connection error - retrying" message should no longer get this error. This happened when the path to your folder contained one or more spaces.
This also happened (and still happens) if you try to run the jar directly from the zip - so keep in mind you still need to extract the zip before running.
> You can now always properly close your client
> Steadfast, glaiven & ragefire boots, as well as all brawling gloves have been fixed (a couple of models were missing). There may be some other models still missing though.
> Interaction with objects & NPC's should work properly now.
> Interaction with your bank should work properly now

Known bugs
> Certain items (mostly custom items) appear much smaller than they are supposed to, making a part of your body invisible and appearing as if floating near your feet with only 10% of the size. This is usually on the first load and relogging often fixes it. The cause is currently unknown.
> Some NPC heads (most notably Mandrith and the construction expert, but also a couple of others) will have a Tool Leprechaun's head in chat rather than their own. Haven't really looked into this yet.
> Played-Owned Houses do not yet have any roofs
> Noclipping within Player-Owned Houses or the skilling center does not properly work yet
> You'll always slightly lag behind a player you're following and a couple of other things in pathing may not work 100% yet - keep in mind, it's still a work in progress, but feel free to report any pathing-related bugs you find on the testserver anyway.

A couple other small bugs I forgot about, I'll include them when I remember. Some of you may report bugs I already know about but forgot to list here - you won't get points for those, sorry :/

Floriduh
Premium Donator

Re: The new PkHonor is here! Find bugs & get rewards!

Post by Floriduh » Thu Oct 27, 2016 3:48 am

first post, i'll go down in history. screw everyone else.

mike u da best
Signature courtesy of Retsnom

Armyruler
Premium Donator

Post by Armyruler » Thu Oct 27, 2016 3:57 am

ty for this dad

Im yaya

Post by Im yaya » Thu Oct 27, 2016 3:58 am

Finally the new server is here, cant wait to try it and find some bugs :)

Factorial
Premium Donator

Post by Factorial » Thu Oct 27, 2016 3:59 am

Doesn't work on Linux.
Edit: both Ubuntu + Arch don't work with the latest java version.

Saltyy
Premium Donator

Post by Saltyy » Thu Oct 27, 2016 4:07 am

In-Game Name: Saltyy
When wielding a souls whip (in re-sizable mode) and also wearing a phat, the phat glitches through my head..
+++ADDITION+++
Everybody's head is glitching with phats

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Thu Oct 27, 2016 4:14 am

Factorial wrote:Doesn't work on Linux.
Edit: both Ubuntu + Arch don't work with the latest java version.
I'll make sure the client works on all Unix systems soon, thank you for letting us know.

Skullsnipe
Premium Donator

Post by Skullsnipe » Thu Oct 27, 2016 4:16 am

Seems a decent amount of people including myself are having trouble connecting

Grant
Premium Donator

Post by Grant » Thu Oct 27, 2016 4:17 am

Skullsnipe wrote:Seems a decent amount of people including myself are having trouble connecting

Yeah same error for me :/

Saltyy
Premium Donator

Post by Saltyy » Thu Oct 27, 2016 4:17 am

IGN: Saltyy
10x Damage is not working in resizable or full screen.