Double slayer XP!

All of PkHonor's news will be posted here.
Pajama treee

Re: Double slayer XP!

Post by Pajama treee » Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:17 am

Hayden wrote: ironman needs more attention in general, that was the most successful update (in terms of bringing in players and keeping them) since construction

but ironmen currently are ignored more than anybody
has mike come as far to even fix the wildy wyrm yet for iron man?
also please for the love of god allow a revert, so many iron men quit at this point that would it affect the economy tbh? Just look at torva prices, why the hell are they so high if they've been in the game for so long? They're 20b now, they were maybe 12b a month or two ago? This doesn't make sense if so many are in game.

Hayden
Elite

Post by Hayden » Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:27 am

well the thing about nex sets is

a) very few people want/need (not to mention are able to afford) multiple sets
b) no sink for them since if you die in pvm with torva you're either literally retarded or your wifi went out

i'd bet if they dropped on the ground on death the price would drop at least 50% over time

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Thu Oct 20, 2016 5:17 am

Hayden wrote:well the thing about nex sets is

b) no sink for them since if you die in pvm with torva you're either literally retarded or your wifi went out

i'd bet if they dropped on the ground on death the price would drop at least 50% over time
In the new client, I've added 10 - 90% versions of all Nex sets, to allow them to degrade when they drop. This way, at least they won't leave the game as fast and their prices can finally stabilize.

As for WW & Chaos ele for Ironman, the only reason there are none available is because we still hadn't figured out a way to add them to the game properly. The very point of WW, KBD & chaos ele is that they are in the wilderness - meaning more dangerous to do for risk of being PK'ed. I'm not entirely satisfied with the way Ironman Mode currently has access to KBD either, since other players do not have access to Ironman mode instances despite the cave being in level 150+ wilderness.

However, I did come up with a solution I think might suit our needs: at the lever down the KBD ladder, we could simply allow Ironman Mode players to pick one of the following options:
"Spawn a King Black Dragon instance"
"Spawn a Chaos Elemental instance"
"Spawn a WildyWyrm instance"
"Invade another instance"

Picking any of the first three will teleport them to the level 150+ cave and spawn either a KBD, Chaos elemental or weakened WildyWyrm for them to fight solo.

Regular players, when using the lever, will also get the ability to teleport to an Ironman mode instance (they cannot spawn instances themselves - that's for when we add paid instances sometime in the future). They will get the same options as when an Ironman mode player selects the 4th option from the menu above, being:
"Teleport to the regular King Black Dragon"
"Invade another King Black Dragon instance (x)"
"Invade another Chaos Elemental instance (y)"
"Invade another WildyWyrm instance (z)"

Where 'x', 'y' and 'z' are the amounts of KBD/Chaos ele/WW instances that are currently spawned for Ironman Mode players ( :doge: such convenience).

Choosing the first option will obviously teleport you to the regular KBD, choosing any of the last three presents you with a list of all names of Ironman mode players currently in a KBD, Chaos ele or WW instance.

Now the real kicker is this: when a player invades an Ironman mode instance, they will not be able to deal any kind of damage to the boss, nor can they take any damage from it. The only thing an invader can do is attack the Ironman mode player (but the Ironman mode player can fight both the invader(s) and the boss). So to me, that seems pretty much like an ideal solution. Just have to implement it yet.

As for not being able to revert Ironman mode status, we had put up a poll several months ago, where the majority of the community had voted "no" to the ability to being able to revert, even with a 7 day delay and necessary restrictions in place. Recent polls like this one show it's maybe more like 50/50 now, but it's still not really enough of a majority vote. There's a high chance we'll add it sometime in the future, but not right now.

As for not being able to participate in bonus XP events, there's this official poll from a while ago to answer that question. Back then, the majority was actually against them being able to participate. Interestingly enough, it's gone from a small majority against to pretty much 2/3rd in favor.

That being said, I do believe we can soon allow Ironman Mode players to participate in bonus XP events. Perhaps it'd be a good idea to do that as of 21 November? Then it'll be exactly 1 year since the first release of Ironman Mode and we could give them the ability to permanently participate in all bonus XP events :) it's not a given, but I do think it would be a good time to do it.

Love the chicken and/or ducks idea though. I'm sure I can work something out ^^

Im on meth
Premium Donator

Post by Im on meth » Thu Oct 20, 2016 5:30 am

Mike wrote:
Hayden wrote:well the thing about nex sets is

In the new client, I've added 10 - 90% versions of all Nex sets, to allow them to degrade when they drop. This way, at least they won't leave the game as fast and their prices can finally stabilize.

As for WW & Chaos ele for Ironman, the only reason there are none available is because we still hadn't figured out a way to add them to the game properly. The very point of WW, KBD & chaos ele is that they are in the wilderness - meaning more dangerous to do for risk of being PK'ed. I'm not entirely satisfied with the way Ironman Mode currently has access to KBD either, since other players do not have access to Ironman mode instances despite the cave being in level 150+ wilderness.

However, I did come up with a solution I think might suit our needs: at the lever down the KBD ladder, we could simply allow Ironman Mode players to pick one of the following options:
"Spawn a King Black Dragon instance"
"Spawn a Chaos Elemental instance"
"Spawn a WildyWyrm instance"
"Invade another instance"

Picking any of the first three will teleport them to the level 150+ cave and spawn either a KBD, Chaos elemental or weakened WildyWyrm for them to fight solo.

Regular players, when using the lever, will also get the ability to teleport to an Ironman mode instance (they cannot spawn instances themselves - that's for when we add paid instances sometime in the future). They will get the same options as when an Ironman mode player selects the 4th option from the menu above, being:
"Teleport to the regular King Black Dragon"
"Invade another King Black Dragon instance (x)"
"Invade another Chaos Elemental instance (y)"
"Invade another WildyWyrm instance (z)"

Where 'x', 'y' and 'z' are the amounts of KBD/Chaos ele/WW instances that are currently spawned for Ironman Mode players ( :doge: such convenience).

Choosing the first option will obviously teleport you to the regular KBD, choosing any of the last three presents you with a list of all names of Ironman mode players currently in a KBD, Chaos ele or WW instance.

Now the real kicker is this: when a player invades an Ironman mode instance, they will not be able to deal any kind of damage to the boss, nor can they take any damage from it. The only thing an invader can do is attack the Ironman mode player (but the Ironman mode player can fight both the invader(s) and the boss). So to me, that seems pretty much like an ideal solution. Just have to implement it yet.

As for not being able to revert Ironman mode status, we had put up a poll several months ago, where the majority of the community had voted "no" to the ability to being able to revert, even with a 7 day delay and necessary restrictions in place. Recent polls like this one show it's maybe more like 50/50 now, but it's still not really enough of a majority vote. There's a high chance we'll add it sometime in the future, but not right now.

As for not being able to participate in bonus XP events, there's this official poll from a while ago to answer that question. Back then, the majority was actually against them being able to participate. Interestingly enough, it's gone from a small majority against to pretty much 2/3rd in favor.

That being said, I do believe we can soon allow Ironman Mode players to participate in bonus XP events. Perhaps it'd be a good idea to do that as of 21 November? Then it'll be exactly 1 year since the first release of Ironman Mode and we could give them the ability to permanently participate in all bonus XP events :) it's not a given, but I do think it would be a good time to do it.

Love the chicken and/or ducks idea though. I'm sure I can work something out ^^
Your ironman instance idea in the wildy is quite nice :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Hayden
Elite

Post by Hayden » Thu Oct 20, 2016 5:34 am

i like the sound of that idea

1 other small ironman thing: currently, if they're being attacked, they can simply go into the kbd lair and get a free escape. with the system you just described, they would at least be able to be followed, but if there's 4 options, there's at least 75% chance of escape

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Thu Oct 20, 2016 5:40 am

Hayden wrote:i like the sound of that idea

1 other small ironman thing: currently, if they're being attacked, they can simply go into the kbd lair and get a free escape. with the system you just described, they would at least be able to be followed, but if there's 4 options, there's at least 75% chance of escape
Everyone can just browse through all the names of the players in the instances so I don't see how you can escape that way.

Hayden
Elite

Post by Hayden » Thu Oct 20, 2016 5:44 am

its already extremely easy to escape (for non ironmen) if it's 1 on 1 by simply going up and down the ladder, in and out of the 150+ lair as fast as you can in different patterns. imagine trying to deal with that, but there's 4 different options for the person to go

by the time you go to browse the names they will already be out and in the next lair

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Thu Oct 20, 2016 6:05 am

Hayden wrote:its already extremely easy to escape (for non ironmen) if it's 1 on 1 by simply going up and down the ladder, in and out of the 150+ lair as fast as you can in different patterns. imagine trying to deal with that, but there's 4 different options for the person to go

by the time you go to browse the names they will already be out and in the next lair
I see your point. Well, then let's see if we can do something about that :P

Hayden
Elite

Post by Hayden » Thu Oct 20, 2016 6:13 am

Mike wrote:
Hayden wrote:its already extremely easy to escape (for non ironmen) if it's 1 on 1 by simply going up and down the ladder, in and out of the 150+ lair as fast as you can in different patterns. imagine trying to deal with that, but there's 4 different options for the person to go

what about a right click option that lets you enter the last one entered?

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Thu Oct 20, 2016 6:15 am

Hayden wrote:
Mike wrote:

what about a right click option that lets you enter the last one entered?
As in "follow the last player who used the lever" you mean. Sounds like a solid idea.