Double slayer XP!

All of PkHonor's news will be posted here.
Mike
Programmer

Double slayer XP!

Post by Mike » Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:08 pm

Double slayer XP this weekend! Nope, not slayer points. Just XP ;)
Also not for Ironman Mode players. Sorry! We'll make sure the one next weekend is also suited for them - speaking of which, feel free to post some suggestions for future events. Maybe even ones that we haven't even released yet? Most events are easily coded in anyway and it's always nice to add some change to them.

That's all for now, apologies for the lack of current in-game updates and bugfixes, but I still have my head buried far too deep in the new client project. Every now and then, some new bug or missing feature sets me back (or rather, adds some more stuff for me to do), resulting in the delay of the testserver release. At least we're getting ever closer every day!

Taking everything into account I've done thus far, I'm going to put the 'testserver readiness' of the new client at 90%. An exact deadline is still not known at this time, but it's coming soon. We're working hard every day to make sure we can hold up that promise.

In the meantime, Billy & some of our staff members are working out this year's Halloween event! Even with some minimal coding (done in just a couple days if we can do it properly), we're hoping to get a special, enjoyable and nice halloween event released by the end of next week! We'll let you know more soon enough about the event ;)

It does mean that later this week and at the beginning of next week, I'll need to take a couple of days break from the client development to work on that.
Who knows, maybe I can get an initial testserver release out before starting work on the event, but that might just be wishful thinking (and several long days of work). With the couple of challenges currently ahead of me, it's either a matter of days or weeks. Definitely before the end of this month, unless something really unexpected pops up that would take weeks to get done, so let's hope that doesn't happen :P

Anyway, double Slayer XP starts in:

Ends in:

Iron adam
Event Coordinator

Re: Double slayer XP!

Post by Iron adam » Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:17 pm

Great to see this announcement. Keep up the hard work, we all appreciate it.

Retsnom
Known Venturer

Post by Retsnom » Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:21 pm

Awesome blossom! Looking forward to the testserver, sadface for the events not effecting ironmen. :(

Azu rite
Premium Donator

Post by Azu rite » Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:21 pm

Chicken carnage, chickens have began attacking cities all across the map. Are you brave enough to stop the feathery beasts?

Chickens have risen up to protect the poultry kingpin, who has convinced them to fight against the slaughter of their families. Fight off hundreds of chickens to lure the kingpin out and then slaughter the feathery fowl who makes the corporeal beast tremble with fear.

Fun rewards could include an undead chicken, lots of feathers...etc...

Events are meant to be fun and somewhat creative, right?

The underdog
Premium Donator

Post by The underdog » Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:41 pm

Azu rite wrote:Chicken carnage, chickens have began attacking cities all across the map. Are you brave enough to stop the feathery beasts?

Chickens have risen up to protect the poultry kingpin, who has convinced them to fight against the slaughter of their families. Fight off hundreds of chickens to lure the kingpin out and then slaughter the feathery fowl who makes the corporeal beast tremble with fear.

Yeah I like this concept too, doesn't necessarily have to be chickens ofcourse. Ducks are better.

It's just a double xp event is just changing a number or two and is more rewarding for the effort put in. Which could ofcourse be spent on the new client.
#Justice4Church

Floriduh
Premium Donator

Post by Floriduh » Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:44 pm

Will we gain bonus XP with antique lamps as well? Brawlers have no effect on them, which is odd enough as it is.
Signature courtesy of Retsnom

Azu rite
Premium Donator

Post by Azu rite » Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:54 pm

The underdog wrote:
Azu rite wrote:Chicken carnage, chickens have began attacking cities all across the map. Are you brave enough to stop the feathery beasts?

Yeah I like this concept too, doesn't necessarily have to be chickens ofcourse. Ducks are better.

It's just a double xp event is just changing a number or two and is more rewarding for the effort put in. Which could ofcourse be spent on the new client.
Just a quick thought.
Maybe the chickens and ducks can for an alliance

Hayden
Elite

Post by Hayden » Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:54 pm

Floriduh wrote:Will we gain bonus XP with antique lamps as well? Brawlers have no effect on them, which is odd enough as it is.
in past events you did so i would assume you will this time too

Floriduh
Premium Donator

Post by Floriduh » Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:58 pm

Hayden wrote:
Floriduh wrote:Will we gain bonus XP with antique lamps as well? Brawlers have no effect on them, which is odd enough as it is.
in past events you did so i would assume you will this time too
Thanks. I'll hang onto the ones I get up until then.
Signature courtesy of Retsnom

Hayden
Elite

Post by Hayden » Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:14 am

ironman needs more attention in general, that was the most successful update (in terms of bringing in players and keeping them) since construction

but ironmen currently are ignored more than anybody