Todays updates - 16 September 2016

All of PkHonor's news will be posted here.
Mike
Programmer

Todays updates - 16 September 2016

Post by Mike » Fri Sep 16, 2016 10:44 pm

Updated on 16 September 2016
> The KBD head mount in the Player-Owned House can now be used to instantly and fully recharge your DragonFire Shield (DFS must be equipped). You can do this once every 10 minutes and only inside your own POH.
> Frost Dragons have been added as a slayer task for both Elite Slayer Masters (wild and non-wild). We wanted to add these some time ago, but due to technical limitations, there was no way to determine whether someone had a portal to Frost Dragons in their POH portal room or not. With the addition of Frost Dragons in the wilderness - available to all players - this now became a possibility.
Note that the Elite Slayer Master (non-wilderness) will not assign Frost Dragons to non-premium members. Only the Elite Slayer Master (wilderness) will assign Frost Dragons to non-premium members, since you need premium status to build the POH portal required to get to the ones outside the wilderness.
> The amount of times you have to kill Nex on a slayer task has been slightly lowered, while the amount of slayer points you receive has been increased to 40 (from 30). Amount of assigned Krakens and Giant Moles have also been sightly lowered. Amount of assigned Dagannoth Kings and Kalphite Queens has been slightly increased.
> Fixed a bug where a slayer master wouldn't assign you the Dagannoth kings if you had less than 20 achievements, nor would they assign KQ if you had less than 26 achievements for the Wise Old Man. Everyone can now get these monsters assigned.
> You can now use the iron ladder at barrelchests to leave the cave, same for the shimmering mist at the Ice Strykewyrm cave.
> Armadyl Crossbow and Zamorakian Hasta drops are now registered in the Player-Owned House bookcase as rare GWD drops.
> We've made additional improvements to the way the server connects to our database, so we can ensure an even more stable connection between server and database, as well as making sure all of our data remains consistent and not a single piece of it goes lost. We already had a system in place to retry a player save if the server loses database connection, but broken database connections will now also be properly discarded without any loss of data (so we don't even need the retry system anymore, but I've left it in for good measure).

My work on the new client is still going well underway, I've managed to automatically translate most object id's from the old to new world map, but there are still a lot of them I need to find & fix, mostly the construction-related objects. I've already fixed and tested a lot of the objects around the world and I've added properly working wilderness ditch jumping.
With items and NPC's all done, objects is the last of the really big pieces of work involved in this upgrade to a fully-fledged 07scape RSPS. Once that's done, everything else - a couple of interfaces, bugfixes and the addition of our auto-updater - are rather small in comparison.
Granted, as per usual habit, I've underestimated the vast amount of work involved in this, but at least I keep making steady progress. Not to mention some really good under the hood improvements (and actual features like the tickets in the GE) are coming with it :afro:

Ely
Honor Player

Re: Todays updates - 16 September 2016

Post by Ely » Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:40 pm

Good stuff!

Cat
Wise One

Post by Cat » Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:40 pm

Thanks Mike. The KBD head addition is nice. :)

Great work on the new client and thanks for the update.

Rwter
Honor Player

Post by Rwter » Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:45 pm

=-[

pls remove wild monster aggressiveness instead of mount

Vote4cake
Premium Donator

Post by Vote4cake » Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:54 pm

Yay, my Kbd heads after two years in the bank finally have some use.

Alex
Premium Donator

Post by Alex » Sat Sep 17, 2016 12:06 am

Looking great mike. :thumbsup:

Jon
Honor Player

Post by Jon » Sat Sep 17, 2016 12:09 am

Cool update Mike :thumbsup:

Phillip
Premium Donator

Post by Phillip » Sat Sep 17, 2016 12:24 am

That kbd head update is gr8

Rwter
Honor Player

Post by Rwter » Sat Sep 17, 2016 12:29 am

Phillip wrote:That kbd head update is gr8
ikr!

it's not like people charge up their dfs whenever they fight dragons which is it's only purpose

!!!

Cat
Wise One

Post by Cat » Sat Sep 17, 2016 1:14 am

Kishan wrote:
Phillip wrote:That kbd head update is gr8
ikr!

it's not like people charge up their dfs whenever they fight dragons which is it's only purpose

!!!
True lmao, it doesn't take long to get 50 charges while killing dragons. But I mean at least KBD heads do something useful now and it's just an instant 50 charges, can't complain really. :p