Vote page & store updates

All of PkHonor's news will be posted here.
Ain
Unstoppable

Re: Vote page & store updates

Post by Ain » Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:25 am

Phillip wrote:How about the titles that were supposed to be implemented like a year ago?
I feel like titles might make a few vets play for a little bit. But, we need updates that are long term investments that will help new players that are just getting into the game want to actually play.

Iron midas
Premium Donator

Post by Iron midas » Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:26 am

Grizzly mint wrote:The only things that should be added are cosmetics, or new items that aren't obtainable any other way. Like the parrot for example. That was the best addition to the vote shop.

Skilling supplies should only be obtainable through skilling...
^ This

Amount
Premium Donator

Post by Amount » Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:39 am

Wow, love this new content!

Michael slim
Premium Donator

Post by Michael slim » Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:03 am

Jonas wrote:List of suggestions for items in Vote shop: (Still in editing phase)

[*] Supplies pack which has: 500x Saradomin Brew\100x Super Restore\100x Prayer\100x Super Combat Potions and 1,000x Sharks. Price: 75 Points
i think if u add supplies pack like this, skilling even become less and less profitable. =)

As a skiller i think u should add some nice outfits in there aswell, or maybe xp buffs? like +10% xp for 30 mins for vote points.
You can even make the %xp in a certain skill, so u can pick what skill u want to powerlevel :).

i dont play often anymore, but im always checking for reasons to come back to the game.

Sydney cole
Novice

Post by Sydney cole » Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:17 am

Michael slim wrote:but im always checking for reasons to come back to the game.
You could always pass Miranda around to the dogs, make some gee pee.

Floriduh
Premium Donator

Post by Floriduh » Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:28 pm

Michael slim wrote:As a skiller i think u should add some nice outfits in there aswell, or maybe xp buffs? like +10% xp for 30 mins for vote points.
You can even make the %xp in a certain skill, so u can pick what skill u want to powerlevel :).

i dont play often anymore, but im always checking for reasons to come back to the game.
Possibly a random skill instead, so it encourages people to train them.
Signature courtesy of Retsnom

Phillip
Premium Donator

Post by Phillip » Wed Jul 27, 2016 1:29 am

Ain wrote:
Phillip wrote:How about the titles that were supposed to be implemented like a year ago?
I feel like titles might make a few vets play for a little bit. But, we need updates that are long term investments that will help new players that are just getting into the game want to actually play.
All I want is my warchief title and I am content. Thanks.

Hayden
Elite

Post by Hayden » Wed Jul 27, 2016 1:50 am

titles only if we can turn them off plz

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Wed Jul 27, 2016 3:41 pm

This has actually never been approved, at least not by me. I once visited another RSPS where practically everyone had some custom title before their name and it really turned me away. I can set up a poll to approve them, but I'm not a big fan as of yet. We'll be focusing on other things that everyone is ok with and that new players and veterans alike can enjoy.

Michael slim wrote:
Jonas wrote:List of suggestions for items in Vote shop: (Still in editing phase)

As a skiller i think u should add some nice outfits in there aswell, or maybe xp buffs? like +10% xp for 30 mins for vote points.

Bonus XP and/or points for a short time is something that we have planned on adding, but its actual implementation poses some challenges. Considering the work involved, this has been postponed until we've completed our work on the new client. So it's coming, but not right away.
Jonas wrote:
Rick wrote:Why don't you just add in PURE cosmetics (items without stats) like:

- Coloured/metal partyhats (Already exist ingame)
- Coloured/Metal Santa Hats (Already exist ingame)

Perhaps you can recolour H'weens aswell?
Blue phat and specs pls. I want them so bad.
Metal and specially colored partyhats and santa hats used to be in the game at one point, but we had removed them with good reason. Customs like those often tend to give your game a more amateuristic look, rather than adding an actual improvement to your game. I appreciate the suggestion, but I'd say let's stick with the items that were in RS or 07scape at some point ;)

Blue phat and specs should (hopefully) be available with the new client :) so we can probably add that once that works is done.

Amount
Premium Donator

Post by Amount » Wed Jul 27, 2016 3:44 pm

Mike wrote:
Jonas wrote:
Rick wrote:Why don't you just add in PURE cosmetics (items without stats) like:

- Coloured/metal partyhats (Already exist ingame)
- Coloured/Metal Santa Hats (Already exist ingame)

Perhaps you can recolour H'weens aswell?
Blue phat and specs pls. I want them so bad.
Metal and specially colored partyhats and santa hats used to be in the game at one point, but we had removed them with good reason. Customs like those often tend to give your game a more amateuristic look, rather than adding an actual improvement to your game. I appreciate the suggestion, but I'd say let's stick with the items that are either in RS or 07scape ;)

I don't mind some more colored items/weapons, provided I can get the right color ID's and everything :p
Glad you understand that. :thumbsup: .