Todays updates - 18 June 2016

All of PkHonor's news will be posted here.
Mike
Programmer

Re: Todays updates - 17 June 2016

Post by Mike » Sat Jun 18, 2016 2:09 am

Jeremy wrote:Be careful with the 1 tick thing Mike. That means whoever hits first in the fight gets the win, if they're hitting roughly the same. My last server had issues with people boosting the PID so that they'd always have the first hit.
I'm aware of the 'PID' staking thing that people like to try to abuse. That's exactly why draws were introduced in the first place :) don't worry, I've tested it and it all works like it should. You're not going to have an advantage just by having a lower or higher PID than your opponent.

Kylo ren
Honor Player

Post by Kylo ren » Sat Jun 18, 2016 2:42 am

Mike, what happened with my Idea to have Difficulty Tiers for PC? Or is that for a later update?

Skiller
Developer

Post by Skiller » Sat Jun 18, 2016 2:59 am

Mike wrote:
Jeremy wrote:Be careful with the 1 tick thing Mike. That means whoever hits first in the fight gets the win, if they're hitting roughly the same. My last server had issues with people boosting the PID so that they'd always have the first hit.
I'm aware of the 'PID' staking thing that people like to try to abuse. That's exactly why draws were introduced in the first place :) don't worry, I've tested it and it all works like it should. You're not going to have an advantage just by having a lower or higher PID than your opponent.

Awesome so glad to hear Mike. Thank you

Amount
Premium Donator

Post by Amount » Sat Jun 18, 2016 3:03 am

Mike wrote: > Once again attempted to fix the bug that doesn't allow you to loot while in combat. Please let me know if it's resolved this time.
Confirmed, it's resolved. Thanks.

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Sat Jun 18, 2016 3:39 am

Kylo ren wrote:Mike, what happened with my Idea to have Difficulty Tiers for PC? Or is that for a later update?
The current PC game already takes the amount of players and their average combat level into account, to determine how many pests to spawn and what their combat levels are, so it scales rather well.

However, I am considering to make a harder version of Pest Control (and possibly make the current one a little bit easier), which is only accessible to players who completed Pest Invasion. Playing the harder version would also be the only way to get elite void, as I don't think I should simply sell it for just PC points - most veterans have already saved up on thousands of those and everyone have elite void gear as soon as it's released (but I would still make them cost PC points on top of commendation points - if we decide to call them that).

It's something that needs to be decided yet. But any input is appreciated.

Also, I can't simply put an extra boat at the dock, so I don't really know how it would work. Possibly giving you the option between regular and elite mode when you click the gangplank.

Brandt
Premium Donator

Post by Brandt » Sat Jun 18, 2016 6:12 am

Great things were accomplished today. xoxo

Awesome stuff as always, Mike!

Jonas
Fanatic

Post by Jonas » Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:13 am

Awesome work! Maybe make it if you hit 0 hp all of your incoming attacks gets cancelled to not cause confusion in DA.

Nolan
Honor Player

Post by Nolan » Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:57 am

Elite void hype(again).

Pajama treee

Post by Pajama treee » Sat Jun 18, 2016 9:53 am

Mike wrote:
Kylo ren wrote:Mike, what happened with my Idea to have Difficulty Tiers for PC? Or is that for a later update?
The current PC game already takes the amount of players and their average combat level into account, to determine how many pests to spawn and what their combat levels are, so it scales rather well.

However, I am considering to make a harder version of Pest Control (and possibly make the current one a little bit easier), which is only accessible to players who completed Pest Invasion. Playing the harder version would also be the only way to get elite void, as I don't think I should simply sell it for just PC points - most veterans have already saved up on thousands of those and everyone have elite void gear as soon as it's released (but I would still make them cost PC points on top of commendation points - if we decide to call them that).

Also, I can't simply put an extra boat at the dock, so I don't really know how it would work. Possibly giving you the option between regular and elite mode when you click the gangplank.
Same minigame for ironmen or different now?

Kylo ren
Honor Player

Post by Kylo ren » Sat Jun 18, 2016 1:41 pm

Mike wrote:

viewtopic.php?f=116&t=55981#p521361