25 May updates

All of PkHonor's news will be posted here.
Azu rite
Premium Donator

Re: 25 May updates

Post by Azu rite » Thu May 26, 2016 1:02 am

Why would you nerf the tickets? They're abysmal as is

Skiller
Developer

Post by Skiller » Thu May 26, 2016 1:13 am

Azu rite wrote:Why would you nerf the tickets? They're abysmal as is
He reduced how many you get from winning, but boosted both the ones for kills, ones for caps, and ones from losing.

Overall an increase I believe! Was shit count from wins/losses for small games anyway, glad that you get more from kills.

Kory pk
Premium Donator

Post by Kory pk » Thu May 26, 2016 2:02 am

I can still easily noclip anywhere. Just tested it at skilling zone lol

Blahblahdie
Fanatic

Post by Blahblahdie » Thu May 26, 2016 2:07 am

Kory pk wrote:I can still easily noclip anywhere. Just tested it at skilling zone lol
^

Y'all come visit me INSIDE the tutorial island housing. Drinks are on me, lads.

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Thu May 26, 2016 2:25 am

Blahblahdie wrote:
Kory pk wrote:I can still easily noclip anywhere. Just tested it at skilling zone lol
^

Y'all come visit me INSIDE the tutorial island housing. Drinks are on me, lads.
*sob*

Well, have fun trying to get into inaccessible areas anyway. Not that it matters much ^^ we have enough checks in place to prevent any kind of aboos.

I will have to find a fix for it though - some glitch that's been in the server-sided noclipping checks for as long as I can remember.

At least pVp fights are much better now.

Brandt
Premium Donator

Post by Brandt » Thu May 26, 2016 2:46 am

Kylo ren wrote:Curious as to what the Staff Team Improvements are...But nonetheless, nice updates!
This. :o

Nice ones though Mike, keep up the great work!! :mrgreen:

Amount
Premium Donator

Post by Amount » Thu May 26, 2016 2:59 am

Mike wrote:Updated on 25 May
> Castle Wars reworks:
- Contributing to a CW game (capturing a flag, dealing damage to - and killing - other players, damaging and destroying the main doors and unlocking the small door) now yields a lot more tickets throughout the game
- You now get more 'contribution' tickets if you capture a flag while your team is behind (and even more if your team is even more behind). If your team is ahead, you'll get fewer contribution points.
- The amount of tickets you get after a game has been slightly lowered
- Losing a CW game now results in 1/3rd of the tickets that the winners get, instead of 1/5th
- All freeze timers in Castle Wars have been halved. If you have a protection prayer against magic on (at the time you get hit), the timer will even be reduced to 1/3rd of the usual freezing time
> Fixed the noclipping glitch. The downside: if you spamclick somewhere while already walking/running, you'll tend to walk 1 - 2 steps back sometimes, we're still working on a fix on this age-old problem that has plagued us for the past 6 years. It's nothing too important, but it is rather annoying.
Depending on the numbers (I'll let you know after I've played a few games), 1/3 may need to become 1/2 or even 3/4. And the overall ticket nerf may need to be reverted. I understand that the overall ticket nerf is a counter-balancing measure with all the additional tickets you can now get for contributing, but lots of people were already complaining that the overall tickets gained per game was too low.

Other than that... cheers. :thumbsup: .

Subnet
Premium Donator

Post by Subnet » Thu May 26, 2016 3:14 am

Amount wrote:
Mike wrote:Updated on 25 May
> Castle Wars reworks:
- Contributing to a CW game (capturing a flag, dealing damage to - and killing - other players, damaging and destroying the main doors and unlocking the small door) now yields a lot more tickets throughout the game
- You now get more 'contribution' tickets if you capture a flag while your team is behind (and even more if your team is even more behind). If your team is ahead, you'll get fewer contribution points.
- The amount of tickets you get after a game has been slightly lowered
- Losing a CW game now results in 1/3rd of the tickets that the winners get, instead of 1/5th
- All freeze timers in Castle Wars have been halved. If you have a protection prayer against magic on (at the time you get hit), the timer will even be reduced to 1/3rd of the usual freezing time
> Fixed the noclipping glitch. The downside: if you spamclick somewhere while already walking/running, you'll tend to walk 1 - 2 steps back sometimes, we're still working on a fix on this age-old problem that has plagued us for the past 6 years. It's nothing too important, but it is rather annoying.
Depending on the numbers (I'll let you know after I've played a few games), 1/3 may need to become 1/2 or even 3/4. And the overall ticket nerf may need to be reverted. I understand that the overall ticket nerf is a counter-balancing measure with all the additional tickets you can now get for contributing, but lots of people were already complaining that the overall tickets gained per game was too low.

Other than that... cheers. :thumbsup: .
Literally just got 3 tickets for a 2 cap game..