Titans are here!

All of PkHonor's news will be posted here.
Mike
Programmer

Titans are here!

Post by Mike » Tue May 17, 2016 10:31 pm

No, chill out. Relax. Deep breaths. It's not summoning. We're not releasing summoning. This is something else.

This is something better.

Every now and then, we'll be releasing a Titan into the wilderness! A titan is a very strong boss NPC that can roam the entire wilderness and is being controlled by one of our staff members. It can attack players and NPC's at will, and is unaffected by either wilderness combat levels or single-combat zones, so a Titan can always attack everyone and everyone can always attack a Titan (but only in the wilderness and only during Titan events).

They can hit high with melee, ranged and magic attacks and their ranged and magic attacks are (usually) multi-target. They have custom levels and stats and can use 5 different but equally nasty special attacks. I won't specify the nature of the specials (I'm sure our community will point them all out in a neat wiki guide soon enough), but let's just say you best bring at least an anti-dragon shield and watch your game chat.

At its base a Titan is still a player, meaning it's pVp combat. However, when they kill a player, the loot will not go to the Titan. Instead, it will go to the player who dealt most damage to them (other than the Titan), or will drop for the player who lost it if nobody dealt damage other than the Titan.
Custom whips do not work against them, nor do stat reduction spells or curses. Most titans are immune against freeze, bind, snare and entangle, most are immune against dragonfire and most are immune against poison. They can deal poison damage and possibly freeze players with all their attacks.

It'll take a whole lot of you to bring it down, but once you do, the loots will be epic. After the event, the top 5 (or top 10) players who dealt the most damage will be rewarded with epic shit - the main reason we had added the ::lastdeath command in the first place. Ironman mode players should be able to participate as well, unless otherwise specified.

The first Titan event will take place this Friday at 9PM CET, in:

Good luck!

And as with every week, there will be a PK'ing weekend (double pkpoints and possible elite clue scrolls on player kills), starting in:

Ending in:

Also, I'm currently working out a new version of the player following algorithms, which is coming along, but still has several quirks that need to be worked out. In case you're interested, you can always check the latest version of my following at http://client.pkhonor.net/PkHonor_testclient.jar, http://client.pkhonor.net/PkHonor_testclient.zip or http://test.pkhonor.net

Kral
Premium Donator

Re: Titans are here!

Post by Kral » Tue May 17, 2016 10:33 pm

This sounds dope!

Ely
Honor Player

Post by Ely » Tue May 17, 2016 10:36 pm

yay

Cadwalada
Premium Donator

Post by Cadwalada » Tue May 17, 2016 10:36 pm

Can't wait

Licks potato
Rookie

Post by Licks potato » Tue May 17, 2016 10:37 pm

you say only epic?

come on mike
Spoiler: show
THIS IS GODLY

Wite people
Honor Player

Post by Wite people » Tue May 17, 2016 10:38 pm

how many can there be at once, and what if no mods are on.
Also is there only one with infinite hp or can i be killed and it respawns

Honor cerb
Known Venturer

Post by Honor cerb » Tue May 17, 2016 10:42 pm

Wow this is badass, absolutely epic! :D

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Tue May 17, 2016 10:43 pm

Wite people wrote:how many can there be at once, and what if no mods are on.
Also is there only one with infinite hp or can i be killed and it respawns
> There can be as many as we have staff to control them. But usually there will be just one, maybe sometimes two or three but we'll see. And yeah, there always has to be a mod on for it to be controlled, if not, there's no event :p but our staff is very eager to play on them, so I don't think that will be a problem. They just need to play it responsibly, but we have every reason to believe they will - makes it more fun for everyone involved anyway.

> There will be one with a lot of hitpoints (up to 10k), but it can regenerate fast and heal a lot with food and prayer. Once you kill it, the loot will be distributed to the top killers. There may be an additional event when it's been killed once, but we're not sure about that.

Andres
Developer

Post by Andres » Tue May 17, 2016 10:44 pm

Sick shit!
Great update!

James
Premium Donator

Post by James » Tue May 17, 2016 10:45 pm

In before the loot is Mike's infamous 2k blood runes, 2k death runes, unnoted rocktails, 300 nature runes and half keys.