Todays updates - 13 May 2016

All of PkHonor's news will be posted here.
Blahblahdie
Fanatic

Re: Todays updates - 13 May 2016

Post by Blahblahdie » Sat May 14, 2016 10:38 pm

Mike wrote:I'll try to use the (simplified) server-sided pathing that NPC's use to follow players and apply it to players following other players (in combat or out of combat). I do foresee a number of issues though, so I'll need to do some serious testing and I'm not sure it'll work. But at least it won't hurt to give this another try. Believe me, I've done my share of pathfinding improvement attempts, but it's some of the most complex things I've ever done. My hat's off to the programmers who could actually pull it off (without noclipping issues). I know I can do it, but it'll take time and a lot of trial and error :P and I might not get anywhere for the first weeks or months. I do understand that it has long been a source of frustration, but I ain't no wizard rite?
I'm alright with it, most of us have dealt with it long enough to just expect it to happenlol.

Side note, it got worse after your first go around with reworking the combat triangle. Maybe you can take a look back and see if there's any indications as to why it's happening so often.

Im on meth
Premium Donator

Post by Im on meth » Sat May 14, 2016 11:42 pm

Mike wrote:> You can now be in the PkHonor clan channel and any other CC at the same time (just like our helpers and mods always could). To do this, first you need to join the CC of your choice and then click the 'Help' button on the client. Then you can use forward slash ('/') to talk in your primary CC and backslash ('\') to talk in the PkHonor CC.
One thing we want to make abundantly clear: this is still mostly for help-related subjects (although buying and selling isn't really a problem, keep it to a minimum). If there's any harassment, excessive spam or toxic behavior, we'll revert this change and only allow helpers and mods to be in the PkHonor CC at the same time as another CC.
This isn't working correctly. Now when you join a CC, the Help button does not work at all, as well as ::help. Both do nothing.

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Sun May 15, 2016 11:10 am

Blahblahdie wrote:
Mike wrote:I'll try to use the (simplified) server-sided pathing that NPC's use to follow players and apply it to players following other players (in combat or out of combat). I do foresee a number of issues though, so I'll need to do some serious testing and I'm not sure it'll work. But at least it won't hurt to give this another try. Believe me, I've done my share of pathfinding improvement attempts, but it's some of the most complex things I've ever done. My hat's off to the programmers who could actually pull it off (without noclipping issues). I know I can do it, but it'll take time and a lot of trial and error :P and I might not get anywhere for the first weeks or months. I do understand that it has long been a source of frustration, but I ain't no wizard rite?
I'm alright with it, most of us have dealt with it long enough to just expect it to happenlol.

Side note, it got worse after your first go around with reworking the combat triangle. Maybe you can take a look back and see if there's any indications as to why it's happening so often.
Now that's most interesting information. I do have a few ideas about that.

Im on meth wrote:
Mike wrote:> You can now be in the PkHonor clan channel and any other CC at the same time (just like our helpers and mods always could). To do this, first you need to join the CC of your choice and then click the 'Help' button on the client. Then you can use forward slash ('/') to talk in your primary CC and backslash ('\') to talk in the PkHonor CC.
One thing we want to make abundantly clear: this is still mostly for help-related subjects (although buying and selling isn't really a problem, keep it to a minimum). If there's any harassment, excessive spam or toxic behavior, we'll revert this change and only allow helpers and mods to be in the PkHonor CC at the same time as another CC.
This isn't working correctly. Now when you join a CC, the Help button does not work at all, as well as ::help. Both do nothing.
As far as I can tell it does work, but I'll look into it.

Hayden
Elite

Post by Hayden » Sun May 15, 2016 3:46 pm

Mike, can you take a look at the recent reported glitch about ironmen in the wilderness? viewtopic.php?f=67&t=57024

There's more than one thing to it but the major thing is that they aren't dropping their items when they die

Rwter
Honor Player

Post by Rwter » Sun May 15, 2016 3:48 pm

Hayden wrote:Mike, can you take a look at the recent reported glitch about ironmen in the wilderness?

There's more than one thing to it but the major thing is that they aren't dropping their items when they die
this is intended because people would drop trade items to mains.

Hayden
Elite

Post by Hayden » Sun May 15, 2016 3:55 pm

Kishan wrote:
Hayden wrote:Mike, can you take a look at the recent reported glitch about ironmen in the wilderness?

In this post from April he said he already made them unable to drop trade (unless people were using PvP as a loophole for it, then alright). Either way, there is another glitch on the post as well

Rwter
Honor Player

Post by Rwter » Sun May 15, 2016 4:09 pm

Hayden wrote:
Kishan wrote:

In this post from April he said he already made them unable to drop trade (unless people were using PvP as a loophole for it, then alright). Either way, there is another glitch on the post as well
yeah it was to prevent people from using pvp as a loophole i think

Ruler
Honor Player

Post by Ruler » Sun May 15, 2016 5:35 pm

The old system was good. You can loot everything under 500m. Items above 500m turn to coins and an ironman can buy it back for like 1.5x the amount the killer got. I wouldn't mind a system like that if you give it a max coins so you cant do the same with mstone