Todays updates - 13 May 2016

All of PkHonor's news will be posted here.
Rwter
Honor Player

Re: Todays updates - 13 May 2016

Post by Rwter » Sat May 14, 2016 12:14 pm

Amount wrote:
Mike wrote:Also, if anyone can give me a very descriptive decription of how pathing exactly is 'fucked', that would help me a lot to find ways to improve it.
A good indication would be for you to go into Castle Wars bottom floor and run from the middle to any base's ladder. The only way to do this without pathing fucking up is by clicking once and waiting. If you click quickly (like you would in any pressure situation), pathing goes out the window.
Yeah, you have to click at the far end of the minimap if you want to move NE/NW/SE/SW without walking back on yourself everytime you click.

And when you follow a player, the command simply follows the path that the player took instead of trying to get to the player, per se. So that if a player is running towards you and you follow him, you'll overshoot even though you passed him, since you're going on the path that he took as soon as you clicked "follow".

i.e. the command doesn't help you get closer the the player's current position, but rather traces that player's course from when you clicked the follow button.

Rwter
Honor Player

Post by Rwter » Sat May 14, 2016 4:19 pm

And again. This only seems to occur when the other person venges so I'll check it out.

Yeah, as I suspected. If you break another person's veng, your hp bar is shown as very low. Explains why it never happened when I was bridding:

But the damage done by vengeance doesn't seem to have an effect on the other person's hp bar. i.e. being hit a 4 and 20 ( 8-) ) from veng will both show the same, low, hp bar. The HP level is alright though as shown by the 80 HP in the first image.

And I believe this only happens when both people are hitting on the same tick.

Nick
Honor Player

Post by Nick » Sat May 14, 2016 4:54 pm

Kishan wrote:Image

And again. This only seems to occur when the other person venges so I'll check it out.

Yeah, as I suspected. If you break another person's veng, your hp bar is shown as very low. Explains why it never happened when I was bridding:

But the damage done by vengeance doesn't seem to have an effect on the other person's hp bar. i.e. being hit a 4 and 20 ( 8-) ) from veng will both show the same, low, hp bar. The HP level is alright though as shown by the 80 HP in the first image.

And I believe this only happens when both people are hitting on the same tick.
It happens with any recoil damage, not just vengeance.
Bill Gates wrote:“I choose a lazy person to do a hard job. Because a lazy person will find an easy way to do it.”

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Sat May 14, 2016 6:23 pm

Looks like I accidentally put a '0' in the code where I should have typed a ')' instead, causing the HP bars to show 1% left on certain hits. So I fixed that but you'll need to restart your client for the bugfix to have effect.

And I've also gotten rid of the spam when your DFS is being charged (it now only shows every 5 charges and doesn't show anything anymore when it's fully charged), and I've fixed the server broadcast messages that kept advertising clan wars.

Rwter
Honor Player

Post by Rwter » Sat May 14, 2016 6:37 pm

Mike wrote:Looks like I accidentally put a '0' in the code where I should have typed a ')' instead, causing the HP bars to show 1% left on certain hits. So I fixed that but you'll need to restart your client for the bugfix to have effect.

And I've also gotten rid of the spam when your DFS is being charged (it now only shows every 5 charges and doesn't show anything anymore when it's fully charged), and I've fixed the server broadcast messages that kept advertising clan wars.
Great.

Other than that, PKing is a great deal more enjoyable now, cheers.

Blahblahdie
Fanatic

Post by Blahblahdie » Sat May 14, 2016 6:51 pm

Pathing in the sense of movement torward a player in combat, is a huge issue.
Instead of barraging a person as they run south in deep wild, if you come in contatct with a obstacle such as a tree, your character decides to back step a square or two before continuing to follow their target. Giving this amount of gao allows them time to escape, tele out once reaching 20/30 wild, and or log.

Jpr132
Known Venturer

Post by Jpr132 » Sat May 14, 2016 8:12 pm

Blahblahdie wrote:Pathing in the sense of movement torward a player in combat, is a huge issue.
Instead of barraging a person as they run south in deep wild, if you come in contatct with a obstacle such as a tree, your character decides to back step a square or two before continuing to follow their target. Giving this amount of gao allows them time to escape, tele out once reaching 20/30 wild, and or log.

ETA on pathing fix? :O

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Sat May 14, 2016 9:53 pm

I'll try to use the (simplified) server-sided pathing that NPC's use to follow players and apply it to players following other players (in combat or out of combat). I do foresee a number of issues though, so I'll need to do some serious testing and I'm not sure it'll work. But at least it won't hurt to give this another try. Believe me, I've done my share of pathfinding improvement attempts, but it's some of the most complex things I've ever done. My hat's off to the programmers who could actually pull it off (without noclipping issues). I know I can do it, but it'll take time and a lot of trial and error :P and I might not get anywhere for the first weeks or months. I do understand that it has long been a source of frustration, but I ain't no wizard rite?

Hayden
Elite

Post by Hayden » Sat May 14, 2016 10:07 pm

Mike wrote:I'll try to use the (simplified) server-sided pathing that NPC's use to follow players and apply it to players following other players (in combat or out of combat). I do foresee a number of issues though, so I'll need to do some serious testing and I'm not sure it'll work. But at least it won't hurt to give this another try. Believe me, I've done my share of pathfinding improvement attempts, but it's some of the most complex things I've ever done. My hat's off to the programmers who could actually pull it off (without noclipping issues). I know I can do it, but it'll take time and a lot of trial and error :P and I might not get anywhere for the first weeks or months. I do understand that it has long been a source of frustration, but I ain't no wizard rite?
I don't know about anyone else but just knowing that you are looking into it is better than not, even if it takes months.

Rwter
Honor Player

Post by Rwter » Sat May 14, 2016 10:12 pm

Hayden wrote:
Mike wrote:I'll try to use the (simplified) server-sided pathing that NPC's use to follow players and apply it to players following other players (in combat or out of combat). I do foresee a number of issues though, so I'll need to do some serious testing and I'm not sure it'll work. But at least it won't hurt to give this another try. Believe me, I've done my share of pathfinding improvement attempts, but it's some of the most complex things I've ever done. My hat's off to the programmers who could actually pull it off (without noclipping issues). I know I can do it, but it'll take time and a lot of trial and error :P and I might not get anywhere for the first weeks or months. I do understand that it has long been a source of frustration, but I ain't no wizard rite?
I don't know about anyone else but just knowing that you are looking into it is better than not, even if it takes months.
^

And if you need any help with the issues then feel free to PM.