Helper rank temporarily removed

All of PkHonor's news will be posted here.
Jousi
Premium Donator

Re: Helper rank temporarily removed

Post by Jousi » Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:53 pm

Amount wrote:
Jousi wrote:Helper rank was good and it worked and that's down to solid, likable people that held the rank of Helper. There used to be criticism about Helper rank being a trampoline from which to make a leap towards Trial Moderator, but I think that changed towards the end. People started to be content with Helper rank. And misconduct of one or even two shouldn't nullify everything that was so good, because almost everything about the Helper was good. A person or two shouldn't be allowed to cast shadows on the work of others, which I think is the case here.

Regardless, I wish that the work done on Helper rank will result in something practical and easy-to-implement.
It wasn't stripped because of misconduct.

It was stripped as an attempt to shift the focus from the Helper team (which everyone thought was doing great) to the Staff - read Moderator - team (which many people have/had qualms with).
Oh, pardon me. I thought that abuse of Helper powers was the starting point, but I guess I've missed the bigger picture considered here. Thank you for correcting me.

Death purity
Honor Player

Re: Helper rank temporarily removed

Post by Death purity » Wed May 11, 2016 5:31 pm

Billy wrote:The helper rank has been temporarily removed while it's being reworked.

We're planning to rework the rank as we feel the full potential of the helper rank wasn't being used. The goal we intended for the rank was making it clear for newer players who to approach with their questions. Instead the rank was regarded as a prestigious achievement that was only meant for the most helpful players. As a result our helper team had some great qualities, but stayed rather small. With a helper team remaining so small, we weren't achieving the goal of helping players as effectively as we could.

In the next few days, we'll investigate how we can rework the helper rank so that help is always nearby.

We would like to thank everyone who has been a part of the helper team and for the work they have done. We would also like to apologize for the abruptness of the rank's removal.

"Reworked to make it be at full potential" make clear for new players. Removing it completely fucked everything up. One of the worst mistakes honestly. You wanted to make it so helping players could be effective? How? Pkhonor cc is dead af.