Helper rank temporarily removed

All of PkHonor's news will be posted here.
Jonas
Fanatic

Re: Helper rank temporarily removed

Post by Jonas » Sat Apr 23, 2016 6:16 pm

Blahblahdie wrote:Seeing as Alex is online with a helper symbol, I think it's safe to say it's been re-instated?

What was changed?
Pizzaroll84 was banned with a helper rank before it was removed (while Pizzaroll94 was banned, Alex didn't keep his Helper status on forums (it doesn't show if the acc with the rank is banned) so Billy didn't see and didn't take it off of him). Ryan unbanned him leaving him with the only helper rank atm.

Blahblahdie
Fanatic

Post by Blahblahdie » Sat Apr 23, 2016 7:25 pm

Jonas wrote:
Blahblahdie wrote:Seeing as Alex is online with a helper symbol, I think it's safe to say it's been re-instated?

What was changed?
Pizzaroll84 was banned with a helper rank before it was removed (while Pizzaroll94 was banned, Alex didn't keep his Helper status on forums (it doesn't show if the acc with the rank is banned) so Billy didn't see and didn't take it off of him). Ryan unbanned him leaving him with the only helper rank atm.
Oh rofl, what a funny mishap.

Couches123
Premium Donator

Post by Couches123 » Tue Apr 26, 2016 2:19 pm

Helper is back now? whats the new stuff?

Ruler
Honor Player

Post by Ruler » Tue Apr 26, 2016 2:21 pm

Couches123 wrote:Helper is back now? whats the new stuff?
It's not. Read the comments above.

Couches123
Premium Donator

Post by Couches123 » Tue Apr 26, 2016 2:40 pm

Sverre wrote:
Couches123 wrote:Helper is back now? whats the new stuff?
It's not. Read the comments above.
But there is 2 helpers?

Amount
Premium Donator

Post by Amount » Tue Apr 26, 2016 2:41 pm

Couches123 wrote:But there is 2 helpers?
Sverre wrote:It's not. Read the comments above.
Jonas wrote: Pizzaroll84 was banned with a helper rank before it was removed (while Pizzaroll94 was banned, Alex didn't keep his Helper status on forums (it doesn't show if the acc with the rank is banned) so Billy didn't see and didn't take it off of him). Ryan unbanned him leaving him with the only helper rank atm.
Similar thing happened with Smdjagex.

Vik
Honor Player

Post by Vik » Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:25 pm

Hehe accidentally made a thread for Mario congratulating him :grumpycat: :doge:

Billy
Staff Consultant

Post by Billy » Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:22 pm

Yeah, Mario and Alex didn't show up in my list because their accounts were banned.

GG Billy, GG.

Anyways, we're still making progress in the discussion about what's going to happen with the helper rank.

Jousi
Premium Donator

Post by Jousi » Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:42 pm

Helper rank was good and it worked and that's down to solid, likable people that held the rank of Helper. There used to be criticism about Helper rank being a trampoline from which to make a leap towards Trial Moderator, but I think that changed towards the end. People started to be content with Helper rank. And misconduct of one or even two shouldn't nullify everything that was so good, because almost everything about the Helper was good. A person or two shouldn't be allowed to cast shadows on the work of others, which I think is the case here.

Regardless, I wish that the work done on Helper rank will result in something practical and easy-to-implement.

Amount
Premium Donator

Post by Amount » Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:50 pm

Jousi wrote:Helper rank was good and it worked and that's down to solid, likable people that held the rank of Helper. There used to be criticism about Helper rank being a trampoline from which to make a leap towards Trial Moderator, but I think that changed towards the end. People started to be content with Helper rank. And misconduct of one or even two shouldn't nullify everything that was so good, because almost everything about the Helper was good. A person or two shouldn't be allowed to cast shadows on the work of others, which I think is the case here.

Regardless, I wish that the work done on Helper rank will result in something practical and easy-to-implement.
It wasn't stripped because of misconduct.

It was stripped as an attempt to shift the focus from the Helper team (which everyone thought was doing great) to the Staff - read Moderator - team (which many people have/had qualms with).