Todays updates! 20 February 2016

All of PkHonor's news will be posted here.
Mike
Programmer

Re: Todays updates! 20 February 2016

Post by Mike » Sun Feb 21, 2016 2:20 am

Ain wrote: Exactly?

After the next saturday the fact that you got a tier 10 emblem the last saturday will not matter. That's exactly what I'm saying. That's a cycle.
I guess at this point we'll simply have to ask what Tereso09 meant exactly - whether he understood the mechanics behind the leaderboard when he initially asked his question.

However, if he did indeed understand the mechanics (as you believe he does) - and he may very well have - then it would indeed be useful to know when exactly a rank was obtained so you know how long it'll take before you get removed from the leaderboard.
For highest killstreak, highest target streak and highest bounty hunter emblem, I could make that work because those always have one fixed date of when you obtained it. However, for most kills and most BH target kills, that wouldn't work since all your kills from the past week are counted, so there's no single fixed date at which it gets 'reset'.

I believe we can put this particular discussion to rest - I guess people simply misunderstood what Ain meant exactly (and possibly what Tereso09 meant, depending on his knowledge of the mechanics behind it).

Hayden
Elite

Post by Hayden » Sun Feb 21, 2016 2:24 am

It is not a cycle. It doesn't reset/no repetition or anything.

It simply uses the last 7 days from whatever minute it currently is.

However, I personally think it'd be better on an actual 7 day cycle (i.e. every Sunday or whatever day, the whole thing resets). Otherwise we might have what happened when comp cape was released again - people who can afford the best possible gear killing others in the scummiest of ways, only this time there's an actual benefit

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Sun Feb 21, 2016 11:54 am

Quasimoto wrote:However, I personally think it'd be better on an actual 7 day cycle (i.e. every Sunday or whatever day, the whole thing resets). Otherwise we might have what happened when comp cape was released again - people who can afford the best possible gear killing others in the scummiest of ways, only this time there's an actual benefit
Well, I'm already noticing that there's a select few players who are utterly dominating the board. I may have to come up with a way to give others a chance too.

Surely we can come up with some further improvements to this system.

Rwter
Honor Player

Post by Rwter » Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:01 pm

Ye me running around in max mage killing pvmers and agil trainers thanks for the 60 pkp per kill x

Sir kenx
Known Venturer

Post by Sir kenx » Tue Feb 23, 2016 4:37 am

Phillip wrote:
Mike wrote: > The wilderness has been moved North by 3 squares, as it's supposed to be
Rip kenx and his bridge pk spot
This spot exist all over the wild from single to no multi, edge is just ruined now, nothing else.

Rwter
Honor Player

Post by Rwter » Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:24 am

Sir kenx wrote:
Phillip wrote:
Mike wrote: > The wilderness has been moved North by 3 squares, as it's supposed to be
Rip kenx and his bridge pk spot
This spot exist all over the wild from single to no multi, edge is just ruined now, nothing else.
Single multi spots exist but now you wont just be able to leave wild as soon as you see a pker