Brought to you by Andres, three new wilderness bosses have been added at once - Scorpia
, the Crazy Archaeologist
and the Chaos Fanatic
! For their locations, see the map below:
Ironman Mode players have the ability to spawn any of these bosses at a summoner in the wilderness.
Each of these 3 bosses drop a shard of the Odium
and Malediction wards
. These shards can be combined at the Volcanic Forge
, found in the most north-eastern part of the wilderness, near the Chaos Elemental just past the Rogue's Castle. For their stats, please refer to the Runescape wikia pages (Odium ward
, Malediction ward
). Both the shards and the wards can be freely traded.
The wards both require a defence level of 60 to wield and although they are by no means the strongest shields in the game, they do not degrade and offer a much cheaper alternative to chaotic or spirit shields.
Residing under the Scorpion pit in the deep wilderness, it can deal a lot of damage with poison and melee attacks. However, unlike most other large NPC's, it can be frozen in place. Its offspring deal ranged damage, apply poison and drain your prayer points. At half health, 2 Guardians will spawn for 15 seconds which heal her. Scorpia has a weakness to magic attacks.
Other than the odium/malediction shard 3, she drops Scorpia's offspring
, a boss pet that can be combined with an ex-ex-parrot for a Lucky Scorpia's offspring
. She also drops many valuable items, similar to other wilderness bosses, making her one of the most profitable NPC's in the game.
You'll find this miniboss in the ruins south of the Forgotten Cemetery. Aside from odium/madlediction shard 2, he also drops the Fedora
- a tradeable cosmetic hat without bonuses - and the Long Bone
, a tradeable bone that grants 50,000 construction XP when buried. Burying the bone requires a construction level of 99. The XP stacks with Brawling Gloves.
Found west of the Lava Maze and surrounded by unattackable (but unaggressive) chaos miniclouds, the Chaos Fanatic drops the odium/malediction shard 1, along with a Chaos Elemental pet
and many valuables. Note that Chaos Elemental has a higher droprate for the pet than the Chaos Fanatic.
Just like the Chaos Elemental, the pet will grant partial protection against the Chaos Fanatic and the lucky version will grant a significant boost to the Fanatic's droprates.
Now that the last of the wilderness bosses have been added, you can expect the release of the wilderness achievement diary
in the next or second next update!
For those wondering what to do with an unusable Completionist Cape: you can trade it in for a free replacement Max Cape at your cape rack. If you trade in an enchanted Completionist Cape, you'll get an appropriate max cape in return so you won't lose the enchantment. The replacement Max Cape can be freely traded back for a Completionist Cape at any time.
In further news
As of now, whenever you lose a Fire Cape, Max Cape or Completionist Cape on death in PvP, it now always immediately goes to your refund box and will cost a certain amount of coins to reclaim. The full reclaim cost is also dropped as coins for the killer. If you lose one of these capes in PvM, you now have 5 minutes to go back where you died reobtain it before it is put in your refund box for a price. Refund prices are as follows:
- Fire cape: 30M coins
- Max cape: 120M coins
- Completionist cape: 240M coins
All Morph Ring NPC's have had their attack bonus rebalanced - due to a major overhaul of our combat interfaces over a year ago, the attack bonuses of several NPC's (including Death) were unintentionally drastically decreased so they became almost useless. Today's update aims to remedy that:
- Death: increased crush attack bonus to +160 (from +64), decreased magic attack bonus to +168 (from +188)
- Archmage: increased crush attack bonus to +124 (from +44), decreased magic attack bonus to +161 (from +181)
- Ancient warrior: decreased slash attack bonuses to +165 (from +181)
- Ancient ranger: decreased ranged attack bonus to +183 (from +263)
- Ancient mage: decreased magic attack bonus to +123 (from +166)
- Barbarian spirit: increased slash attack bonus to +105 (from +89)
- Wolf: increased stab attack bonus to +93 (from +11)
- Goblin: increased stab and crush attack bonuses to +56 (from +18 and +9)
- Imp: increased stab attack bonus to +40 (from +11)
- Cat: increased stab attack bonus to +31 (from +26)
- Kitten: increased slash attack bonus to +25 (from +20)
The main reason I chose to increase Death's crush attack bonus, rather than using the Scythe combat interface, is because the Scythe combat interface has neither a special attack bar nor autocast options. Creating a completely custom Scythe combat interface for Death is also incredibly hard and time-consuming.
Other improvements and bugfixes:
- Losing an item in PvP that is automatically sent to the refund box at a price (such as a custom whip) now results in the killer receiving the full refund price as a coin drop, rather than half the refund price. This change does not apply to killing ironman mode players
- Fixed a bug where if you died in PvM, your items would disappear after they have been on the floor (visible only for yourself) for 3 minutes. After the 3 minutes expiry, they now become visible to all players for another 2 minutes
- As of now, whenever you lose untradeable items, you will have 5 minutes to reobtain them where you died, rather than 3 minutes.
- Fixed a bug where you couldn't switch prayers (or toggle quick prayers) during teleport
- Venenatis now also drops the Long Bone, just like the Crazy Archaeologist
- You can now use the portal in the middle of the Abyssal Rift to teleport to Lunar Isle where you can craft Astral runes
- The Humidify spell has been added to the Lunar spellbook, allowing you to turn all clay into soft clay and fill up all vials, buckets and watering cans in your inventory with a single click
- Altered the Dwarf Multicannon behaviour in single combat zones: it will now attack all NPC's in range that are not in combat, unless you are attacking or are being attacked by one, in which case it will target only that one NPC. This way, our cannon behaviour should now be identical to that in OSRS. If anyone notices any more cannon behaviour that's odd or causes nuisances, please let us know
- Brawling gloves (woodcutting) no longer give extra firemaking XP. Their price in the shop has been lowered to 500M coins and 500 PkHonor Points (instead of 750M coins and 750 points)
- When extending a slayer task, the amount is now in the same range as the amount you receive when you initially get the task assigned, instead of always 10 - 40
- You can now extend a slayer task through your enchanted gem or slayer helmet, without having to visit a Slayer Master
- Killing TzTok-Jad while on a slayer task now grants 200 Slayer Points and 360,000 Slayer XP instead of 250 Slayer Points and 180,000 Slayer XP. Completing the task (or an extended task) still grants 1,000,000 Slayer XP
- Yt-Hurkot (TzTok-Jad healers) will now focus TzTok-Jad and continuously heal him, rather than attacking the player. Players can lure them away by attacking them. Unlike OSRS, they currently never respawn if killed
- Fixed a bug where certain boss pets would block attacks from other bosses than the one they are affiliated with
- Spinners at Pest Control will now focus the Portals and continuously heal them, rather than attacking players
- Fixed the Nex mages not looking at the player they are attacking, also fixed them randomly stopping their attacks
- Fixed being able to attack the Doomsayer in Edgeville
- Fixed a warning being displayed when entering a PoH dungeon in PvM mode even when the warning was disabled through the Doomsayer
- Fixed the Toxic Blowpipe showing the amount of Trident of the Swamp charges instead of Blowpipe charges when running low
- Fixed the Sacred Clay Pickaxe and Inferno Adze combat interfaces, they are now listed as pickaxes with the options 'Spike', 'Impale', 'Smash' and 'Block'
- Fixed the Barrelchest Anchor combat interface, it now has the options 'Pound, 'Pummel', 'Spike' and 'Block'
- You now get a clearer coloured message when your Ring of Recoil breaks
- When a worn item completely degrades and the broken version doesn't fit in your inventory, it is now sent to your refund box for free instead of being dropped on the floor. Only applies outside the wilderness
- Made a few minor improvements to the gates at the entrance of the deep wilderness agility course, so they can be properly used from every square
- Improved the Armadyl Crossbow special attack projectile look
- Fixed a blue dragon spawn in the Brimhaven dungeon that got stuck in a giant fungus
- Fixed the ::event teleport location of the GWD event
- To prevent AFK thieving from gem stalls, you can no longer steal from a stall with a full inventory
- You now get an appropriate error message when attempting to use noted items on the Item Set Exchange Clerk