Castle wars rewards (third thread)

All of PkHonor's news will be posted here.
Sons of odin
Premium Donator

Re: Castle wars rewards (third thread)

Post by Sons of odin » Sat Sep 27, 2014 7:48 pm

Yellow pee wrote:How can you charge the helmets?
Considering you can't wear them in the games
Image Image Image

Adam2569
Premium Donator

Post by Adam2569 » Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:12 am

Nothing for melee :(

Errobbie
Honor Player

Post by Errobbie » Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:58 am

Adam2569 wrote:Nothing for melee :(
wot?
Both Battle-mage and Vanguard are melee oriented.
Image Image

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Sun Sep 28, 2014 1:02 am

A few updates on the original post (which I've also included at the bottom of the post):
- I had initially forgotten that you can indeed not wear the helmets in a castle wars game. That being said, I'd like to exclude the helmets from charges (and not make them degrade either) but make them cost quite a bit more CW tickets.
- I had forgotten to mention that wearing a full set will offer you 20% accuracy boost for melee and ranged (for vanguard), melee and magic (for battle-mage) or ranged and magic (for trickster). That way, the boots and gloves are really worth it.
- Winning a game of castle wars will usually award you 10 - 20 tickets (depending on how many people were in the game - you can even get up to 30 tickets if both teams are big). A draw gives you half that, a loss gives 1/4th.

Furthermore, I like the suggestion of actions in the game (such as attacking enemies, capturing flags etc.) awarding charges rather than just in-game time, to counteract afk'ing.
Lastly, I understand people may be reluctant to spend a lot of time charging armour. I'd be willing to add 50% charged armour in the shops instead of 0%, but then I'd have to crank up their prices quite a bit. In the end, it's pretty much the same, really (though players may not always perceive it as such).
As for the charge and discharge times, that could use some more discussion and feedback. The main point we wanted to make is that most people wouldn't need to spend a lot of time charging the armour if they don't want to, but if they want, they can spend a lot of time on it just to make it stronger and better. It doesn't necessarily have to be like I suggested it, but we want to make something that dedicated players can spend a lot of time on if they want, but casual players have no need for.

I will not comment on other rewards for the time being. If I keep adding more rewards than I have already suggested, you can forget about it being released before October. So please let's just focus on what we have so far, so I can release it Tuesday. We can always add more rewards later and I don't want to keep delaying it much longer.

Ryuui
Wise One

Post by Ryuui » Sun Sep 28, 2014 1:08 am

Mike wrote:A few updates on the original post (which I've also included at the bottom of the post):
- I had initially forgotten that you can indeed not wear the helmets in a castle wars game. That being said, I'd like to exclude the helmets from charges (and not make them degrade either) but make them cost quite a bit more CW tickets.
- I had forgotten to mention that wearing a full set will offer you 20% accuracy boost for melee and ranged (for vanguard), melee and magic (for battle-mage) or ranged and magic (for trickster). That way, the boots and gloves are really worth it.
- Winning a game of castle wars will usually award you 10 - 20 tickets (depending on how many people were in the game - you can even get up to 30 tickets if both teams are big). A draw gives you half that, a loss gives 1/4th.

Furthermore, I like the suggestion of actions in the game (such as attacking enemies, capturing flags etc.) awarding charges rather than just in-game time, to counteract afk'ing.
Lastly, I understand people may be reluctant to spend a lot of time charging armour. I'd be willing to add 50% charged armour in the shops instead of 0%, but then I'd have to crank up their prices quite a bit. In the end, it's pretty much the same, really (though players may not always perceive it as such).
As for the charge and discharge times, that could use some more discussion and feedback. The main point we wanted to make is that most people wouldn't need to spend a lot of time charging the armour if they don't want to, but if they want, they can spend a lot of time on it just to make it stronger and better. It doesn't necessarily have to be like I suggested it, but we want to make something that dedicated players can spend a lot of time on if they want, but casual players have no need for.

I will not comment on other rewards for the time being. If I keep adding more rewards than I have already suggested, you can forget about it being released before October. So please let's just focus on what we have so far, so I can release it Tuesday. We can always add more rewards later and I don't want to keep delaying it much longer.
Sounds like a plan :thumbsup:
I do like the idea of making the armour 50% charged when bought even though you have to spend more tickets.
Just seems like you did less time even thought the time would be the same.
Tuesday is D-Day? We'll see.

Errobbie
Honor Player

Post by Errobbie » Sun Sep 28, 2014 1:11 am

Mike wrote:A few updates on the original post (which I've also included at the bottom of the post):

Can you make it so helmets and capes are wearable on castle wars other than the team cloaks/hoods?
That way players can charge the helmets too instead of having to bump up the price of them :)
Image Image

B0rnt0b3pk
Fanatic

Post by B0rnt0b3pk » Sun Sep 28, 2014 1:15 am

I see where you're coming from, but don't you think 22.5h is alot, spent on a minigame, just to reach the 100% spike?

Something I've i got on my mind, does this mean we can't charge other sets, for example battle-mage and vanguard at the same time, as we must be wearing them?
ImageImage

Errobbie
Honor Player

Post by Errobbie » Sun Sep 28, 2014 1:18 am

Painting wrote:

I see where you're coming from, but don't you think 22.5h is alot, spent on a minigame, just to reach the 100% spike?

Something I've i got on my mind, does this mean we can't charge other sets, for example battle-mage and vanguard at the same time, as we must be wearing them?
These hybrid armours are going to endgame content for players that can spend their time on getting these armours other than players that need to make money so they can enjoy this game.
Image Image

B0rnt0b3pk
Fanatic

Post by B0rnt0b3pk » Sun Sep 28, 2014 2:09 am

Errobbie wrote:
Painting wrote: I see where you're coming from, but don't you think 22.5h is alot, spent on a minigame, just to reach the 100% spike?

These hybrid armours are going to endgame content for players that can spend their time on getting these armours other than players that need to make money so they can enjoy this game.
How fun is it playing about 90 games, spending days just to reach the 100% spike of one set? Especially if the game decrease alot of activity, wich is going to happen after a few weeks. This isn't about money, this is basically over the edge of how much it takes to recharge a set from 0-100%, maybe even 200%, wich is broken.
ImageImage

Adam2569
Premium Donator

Post by Adam2569 » Sun Sep 28, 2014 2:23 am

Errobbie wrote:
Adam2569 wrote:Nothing for melee :(
wot?
Both Battle-mage and Vanguard are melee oriented.
One is Range & One is mage....