Castle wars rewards (second thread)

All of PkHonor's news will be posted here.

How should hybrid armours work?

Allow them in the wilderness, don't let them degrade
17%
Keep them out of the wilderness, don't let them degrade
6%
Allow them in the wilderness, let them degrade (lasts 10 hours)
5%
Allow them in the wilderness, let them degrade (lasts 20 hours)
0%
Allow them in the wilderness, let them degrade (lasts 30 hours)
3%
Allow them in the wilderness, let them degrade (lasts 10 hours but degrades 2x slower outside the wilderness)
5%
Allow them in the wilderness, let them degrade (lasts 20 hours but degrades 2x slower outside the wilderness)
3%
Allow them in the wilderness, let them degrade (lasts 30 hours but degrades 2x slower outside the wilderness)
3%
Keep them out of the wilderness, let them degrade (lasts 10 hours)
2%
Keep them out of the wilderness, let them degrade (lasts 20 hours)
No votes
Keep them out of the wilderness, let them degrade (lasts 30 hours)
0%
Keep vanguard the same as suggested (see other thread for details)
6%
Make vanguard's offensive melee stats stronger
14%
Make vanguard's offensive ranged stats stronger
13%
Make vangaurd's defensive melee stats stronger
12%
Make vanguard's defensive ranged stats stronger
12%

Total votes: 222

Im on meth
Premium Donator

Re: Castle wars rewards (second thread)

Post by Im on meth » Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:54 pm

Rustedcrust wrote:shouldn't be tradeable, should be degradeable only in combat after approx 20 hours and should take similar amounts of time to get as void (per piece)

my opinion^
I'd have to disagree with how long you want it to take. You can easily get full void in an hour with very few players. If there is a PC event happening, you can get full void in about 10 minutes. That means if it took the same amount of time as full void, it would range from two sets in one game to a set every three games. In my opinion, it should take a very long time obtain these (10+ games for one set).

Rawr
Premium Donator

Post by Rawr » Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:23 pm

Im on meth wrote:
Rustedcrust wrote:shouldn't be tradeable, should be degradeable only in combat after approx 20 hours and should take similar amounts of time to get as void (per piece)

my opinion^
I'd have to disagree with how long you want it to take. You can easily get full void in an hour with very few players. If there is a PC event happening, you can get full void in about 10 minutes. That means if it took the same amount of time as full void, it would range from two sets in one game to a set every three games. In my opinion, it should take a very long time obtain these (10+ games for one set).
You can complete a game of PC in 16 seconds? I'm impressed.

Errobbie
Honor Player

Post by Errobbie » Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:19 pm

Hashtag wrote:
Im on meth wrote:

my opinion^
You can complete a game of PC in 16 seconds? I'm impressed.
If there's an event on each portal gets 1 hit by people using death which makes the games around 20 seconds long.
Image Image

Unicorn
Champion

Post by Unicorn » Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:02 pm

Honestly just make them be lost on death like nex items and untradable so it can't simply be bought back. Those who lose it will have to keep playing cw to replace it
Image Image

Sons of odin
Premium Donator

Post by Sons of odin » Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:17 pm

Godzsword wrote:but on one condition we can repair the degraded armourr then i can agree with u let them degrade..
full support for making degradable but repairable.
Image Image Image

Rawr
Premium Donator

Post by Rawr » Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:11 am

[quote="Unicorn"]Honestly just make them be lost on death like nex items and untradable so it can't simply be bought back. Those who lose it will have to keep playing cw to replace it[/quote]

That will lead to people divine hugging and safing with them. If it's always lost and takes a ton of time to obtain, people won't even risk losing them; they'll just be birches and never go below 70HP.

If you die with them, I think they should completely degrade however. They should still degrade at some point during combat though, else dying with them would be even more unappealing and would result in even more safing; if they degrade anyway, why not risk it? Why safe up like a little bitch?

These wouldn't be rewards you can get in a few hours, remember. Hopefully each piece is something like 250 points - that's around 12 wins. And there's 5 pieces. That would bring a full set to over 25 hours of game time (I did the maths). If it's then 5 winning games to repair a set, it wouldn't be easy, but it wouldn't be so ridiculous that it leads to safing like a bitch and prayer/divine hugging.

Skullsnipe
Premium Donator

Post by Skullsnipe » Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:39 am

Hashtag wrote:
Unicorn wrote:Honestly just make them be lost on death like nex items and untradable so it can't simply be bought back. Those who lose it will have to keep playing cw to replace it
That will lead to people divine hugging and safing with them. If it's always lost and takes a ton of time to obtain, people won't even risk losing them; they'll just be birches and never go below 70HP.

If you die with them, I think they should completely degrade however. They should still degrade at some point during combat though, else dying with them would be even more unappealing and would result in even more safing; if they degrade anyway, why not risk it? Why safe up like a little bitch?

These wouldn't be rewards you can get in a few hours, remember. Hopefully each piece is something like 250 points - that's around 12 wins. And there's 5 pieces. That would bring a full set to over 25 hours of game time (I did the maths). If it's then 5 winning games to repair a set, it wouldn't be easy, but it wouldn't be so ridiculous that it leads to safing like a bitch and prayer/divine hugging.
I oddly enough, agree with this.

However, on death the person who killed them gets some form of reward..

Rustedcrust
Premium Donator

Post by Rustedcrust » Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:07 am

Im on meth wrote:

my opinion^
I meant each piece should take as long as void, sorry for making that unclear, but Tbh, it should take 25 hours to degrade in wilderness our whatever, but like 75 or 100 out of wildly, and take AGES to get. so like 25 hours and it lasts 100 rather than 2.5 and it lasting 10. just my opinion.

Also, please don't make it tradeable.

Unicorn
Champion

Post by Unicorn » Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:27 am

If someone spends the time to get this they will divine hug and safe anyways
Image Image

Rustedcrust
Premium Donator

Post by Rustedcrust » Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:45 am

Unicorn wrote:If someone spends the time to get this they will divine hug and safe anyways
but it's not as good as full druduic, and at least when people camp with that there will be some competition. I think 25 hours to get, 100 hours to pvm, be better than bandos and armadyl, as 25 hours would get you over 10 sets If moneymaking, and I think 5-15 hours to repair. just my opinion. Also, the 100 hours is outside of wildly, maybe you could buy a corrupt set for a fifth the price that takes 10 or 20 hours to degrade, specifically for wildly pking, because getting 1 hit for 25 hours of work would suck..