Castle wars rewards (second thread)

All of PkHonor's news will be posted here.

How should hybrid armours work?

Allow them in the wilderness, don't let them degrade
17%
Keep them out of the wilderness, don't let them degrade
6%
Allow them in the wilderness, let them degrade (lasts 10 hours)
5%
Allow them in the wilderness, let them degrade (lasts 20 hours)
0%
Allow them in the wilderness, let them degrade (lasts 30 hours)
3%
Allow them in the wilderness, let them degrade (lasts 10 hours but degrades 2x slower outside the wilderness)
5%
Allow them in the wilderness, let them degrade (lasts 20 hours but degrades 2x slower outside the wilderness)
3%
Allow them in the wilderness, let them degrade (lasts 30 hours but degrades 2x slower outside the wilderness)
3%
Keep them out of the wilderness, let them degrade (lasts 10 hours)
2%
Keep them out of the wilderness, let them degrade (lasts 20 hours)
No votes
Keep them out of the wilderness, let them degrade (lasts 30 hours)
0%
Keep vanguard the same as suggested (see other thread for details)
6%
Make vanguard's offensive melee stats stronger
14%
Make vanguard's offensive ranged stats stronger
13%
Make vangaurd's defensive melee stats stronger
12%
Make vanguard's defensive ranged stats stronger
12%

Total votes: 222

Mike
Programmer

Castle wars rewards (second thread)

Post by Mike » Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:21 pm

This thread is a continuation of http://forums.pkhonor.net/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=33423.

Now that the majority of the community has agreed on introducing hybrid armours, some things need to be determined yet.
The majority appears to agree with the stats of battle-mage and trickster armour, but a lot don't agree with the vanguard stats, so I've added extra poll options for that.

Furthermore, if the community votes for making them degradeable, then the armour can only be repaired at the castle wars shop, costing you castle wars tickets.

Simon
Honor Player

Re: Castle wars rewards (second thread)

Post by Simon » Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:24 pm

I posted this on the original thread, and I'd really like for you to read it.
Spoiler: show
Mike,

I've played PkHonor for 3 years now, and I really think that these rewards should be reworked.
My personal ideas
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For one, I really think the concept of "upgrading items" should be added. For instance, you should be able to convert some of the lesser used customs into a bow or staff for X amount of tickets. (See: My "Bow of Balance" suggestion). (On a side note, the unholy, holy, and balance whips corrolate to Zamorack, Saradomin and Guthix, respectively. It wouldn't be unreasonable to give these whips some upgrades via castlewars, seeing how castle wars involves these 3 RS gods. (Maybe combine a god bow with one of the whips to make it an untradable bow)

#2 - Perhaps the berserker, archer, seers and warriors rings could be imbued for X tickets? You could have to trade 10 of the normal ring for the normal version, or 1 (you can decide). This would add something people have been asking for for ages.

#3 - The ability to kill Brutal Green Dragons (see - http://forums.pkhonor.net/viewtopic.php ... =30691) This would introduce a new herblore method, as well as allow people to kill dragons using a dragon defender.

#4 - Ring of stone could be a nice reward.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As for the hybrid armors, while I do think they're great, they have some very high bonuses. I think that they should either...

1) Disappear on death and turn into pkpoints.

2) Go to refund on death, but cost 3x 1b ticket PER PART to retrieve. These items are better than nex sets, and therefore, should cost a lot to retrieve.

On a side note, I've made some quick and easy suggestions/ bug-fixes that I think you should add in the update.

1- The souls cape doesn't work. Put simply, it has no effect.

2- When using longranged with a crossbow, you're supposed to have an added attack radius. Not having this has caused some major problems in the pking scense, as it allows magers to farcast rangers.

3 - The eagyle eye kiteshield is dead content - My suggestion is to give it +10 ranged attack. This would make it the strongest shield ingame.

4 Decorative armor and team capes need to be readded (To avoid making them discontinued). Perhaps add both of them to costume boxes/wardrobes in a POH?

Thanks,

Simon

P.S If you read this post, please acknowledge doing so =] Whenever I post on these threads, I feel like I'm talking to a wall.

P.P.S - Don't forget to make pkpoint tickets turn into X cwars tickets, and fix the dupe I reported (I want to make the video public).
Also, the test server needs a restart.
Last edited by Simon on Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Vik
Honor Player

Post by Vik » Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:25 pm

Hybrid armor is life, voted first option

Herrodragon
Premium Donator

Post by Herrodragon » Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:38 pm

Please make them lost on death..
The killing player can get cwars tickets or pkps as a reward!
This part is important mike!! (Poll it pleaseee :P )

Can't trust the snakes that call you fam
Only died to Ddos swear

Maurits
Honor Player

Post by Maurits » Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:44 pm

Nobody is going to vote for degrading armour, because its easier to get+keep. :-)

Godzsword
Premium Donator

Post by Godzsword » Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:00 pm

but on one condition we can repair the degraded armourr then i can agree with u let them degrade..

Ruler
Honor Player

Post by Ruler » Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:03 pm

Allowed in the wildy, degrades but degrades slower outside of wilderness.
Perfect combination. It should be like that. Just like maurits said, this will keep CW active and make it attractive for pvmers as well (because it degrades slower)

Simon
Honor Player

Post by Simon » Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:15 pm

Maurits wrote:Nobody is going to vote for degrading armour, because its easier to get+keep. :-)

^

Whether it degrades or not shouldn't be polled. People will vote for what they want, but not for what is better for the server longterm.

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:18 pm

Simon wrote:
Maurits wrote:Nobody is going to vote for degrading armour, because its easier to get+keep. :-)
^
Whether it degrades or not shouldn't be polled. People will vote for what they want, but not for what is better for the server longterm.
I guess the poll results have just proved that point.

Jelle
Honor Player

Post by Jelle » Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:22 pm

i voted for degradable armour =-) (last 10 hours)