Castle wars rewards (second thread)

All of PkHonor's news will be posted here.

How should hybrid armours work?

Allow them in the wilderness, don't let them degrade
17%
Keep them out of the wilderness, don't let them degrade
6%
Allow them in the wilderness, let them degrade (lasts 10 hours)
5%
Allow them in the wilderness, let them degrade (lasts 20 hours)
0%
Allow them in the wilderness, let them degrade (lasts 30 hours)
3%
Allow them in the wilderness, let them degrade (lasts 10 hours but degrades 2x slower outside the wilderness)
5%
Allow them in the wilderness, let them degrade (lasts 20 hours but degrades 2x slower outside the wilderness)
3%
Allow them in the wilderness, let them degrade (lasts 30 hours but degrades 2x slower outside the wilderness)
3%
Keep them out of the wilderness, let them degrade (lasts 10 hours)
2%
Keep them out of the wilderness, let them degrade (lasts 20 hours)
No votes
Keep them out of the wilderness, let them degrade (lasts 30 hours)
0%
Keep vanguard the same as suggested (see other thread for details)
6%
Make vanguard's offensive melee stats stronger
14%
Make vanguard's offensive ranged stats stronger
13%
Make vangaurd's defensive melee stats stronger
12%
Make vanguard's defensive ranged stats stronger
12%

Total votes: 222

Rustedcrust
Premium Donator

Re: Castle wars rewards (second thread)

Post by Rustedcrust » Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:50 am

Hashtag wrote:
Unicorn wrote:Honestly just make them be lost on death like nex items and untradable so it can't simply be bought back. Those who lose it will have to keep playing cw to replace it
That will lead to people divine hugging and safing with them. If it's always lost and takes a ton of time to obtain, people won't even risk losing them; they'll just be birches and never go below 70HP.

If you die with them, I think they should completely degrade however. They should still degrade at some point during combat though, else dying with them would be even more unappealing and would result in even more safing; if they degrade anyway, why not risk it? Why safe up like a little bitch?

These wouldn't be rewards you can get in a few hours, remember. Hopefully each piece is something like 250 points - that's around 12 wins. And there's 5 pieces. That would bring a full set to over 25 hours of game time (I did the maths). If it's then 5 winning games to repair a set, it wouldn't be easy, but it wouldn't be so ridiculous that it leads to safing like a bitch and prayer/divine hugging.

safers gonna safe if. upon dying you need to spend 10 hours to get it back..

Herrodragon
Premium Donator

Post by Herrodragon » Wed Sep 24, 2014 5:28 am

Hashtag wrote: If you die with them, I think they should completely degrade however. They should still degrade at some point during combat though, else dying with them would be even more unappealing and would result in even more safing; if they degrade anyway, why not risk it? Why safe up like a little bitch?

These wouldn't be rewards you can get in a few hours, remember. Hopefully each piece is something like 250 points - that's around 12 wins. And there's 5 pieces. That would bring a full set to over 25 hours of game time (I did the maths). If it's then 5 winning games to repair a set, it wouldn't be easy, but it wouldn't be so ridiculous that it leads to safing like a bitch and prayer/divine hugging.
If they degrade while using them and takes ages to get i'm good I won't be going for them at all,
I'll just safe to full hp and prod divine in my normal gear. So will alot of campers - why get this gear when we could just use other easier setups with hp bonuses.

Can't trust the snakes that call you fam
Only died to Ddos swear

Rawr
Premium Donator

Post by Rawr » Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:17 am

The more I think about it, the more I think there should be two sets.

A degradeable one and a non-degradeable one. The degradable one would be a lot cheaper and not fixable, but only last 5-10 hours in combat, whilst the non-degrade able one would last forever and upon death it goes to refunds for X amount of tickets to take back. Both would have done form of PKP reward upon death in PVP.

Canthitme1
Forum Addict

Post by Canthitme1 » Wed Sep 24, 2014 3:45 pm

Hashtag wrote:The more I think about it, the more I think there should be two sets.

A degradeable one and a non-degradeable one. The degradable one would be a lot cheaper and not fixable, but only last 5-10 hours in combat, whilst the non-degrade able one would last forever and upon death it goes to refunds for X amount of tickets to take back. Both would have done form of PKP reward upon death in PVP.
^this :)

Errobbie
Honor Player

Post by Errobbie » Wed Sep 24, 2014 3:50 pm

Hashtag wrote:The more I think about it, the more I think there should be two sets.

No.
They are untradeable so why should people lose their untradeable item, like brawling gloves, when they took a certain amount of hours out of their own time to get said items just so they can lose them once they die?
Do I want them to be degradeable? Yes. Do I want the player that killed me to get extra PkP for using and risking my untradeable items whilst fighting him? No.
Image Image

Canthitme1
Forum Addict

Post by Canthitme1 » Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:17 pm

Vanquish wrote:

No.
They are untradeable so why should people lose their untradeable item, like brawling gloves, when they took a certain amount of hours out of their own time to get said items just so they can lose them once they die?
Do I want them to be degradeable? Yes. Do I want the player that killed me to get extra PkP for using and risking my untradeable items whilst fighting him? No.
Void? Vesta? You get pkp and it's practically no risk.
But you gotta think a lot of the server doesn't pk and many of of then don't even get 200hrs played before quitting, let them get corrupt if they feel like it for they can try it first.

Errobbie
Honor Player

Post by Errobbie » Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:20 pm

Abyssal wipz wrote:
Vanquish wrote:

No.
But you gotta think a lot of the server doesn't pk and many of of then don't even get 200hrs played before quitting, let them get corrupt if they feel like it for they can try it first.
Void and PvP gear from the PkP store are extremely, extremely easy to obtain. Even if you don't have the required PkP or PCP you can buy it in the Grand Exchange.
Image Image

Rawr
Premium Donator

Post by Rawr » Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:47 pm

Vanquish wrote:

No.
If you don't lose them, you have considerably less risk. No one would want to fight you if you had that gear. If there was a set you always lost, but was a lot easier to obtain, it would not be so time-consuming that it would not be worth it. If you didn't want to lose it, you could get a more expensive set that would have a cost to return, but not a ridiculously high one (could be tickets or cash) - that way the person killing you still gets a reward (PKP), you keep your set and it can't be used to farm PKP efficiently.

There's no point having gear that gives no reward to whoever kills you. The reward could be Castle Wars tickets, I suppose, but that takes away incentive to play it and opens the possibility of 'selling the sets'.

Rustedcrust
Premium Donator

Post by Rustedcrust » Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:36 am

Abyssal wipz wrote:
Vanquish wrote:

No.
I agree with hashtag with two sets, one should take ages, and either take an extremely long time to degrade,or not degrade at all,and one specifically for pking that lasts 5-10 hours, but I don't think they should give you anything upon dying, at least not castle wars ticks, in Wolff like 25-100 pkp would be nice I guess...

Ghostsforum

Post by Ghostsforum » Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:01 am

It needs to be degradable and should take 50 hours+ to get the full set.

Nobody wants castle wars to be dead content.