Castle wars rewards (second thread)

All of PkHonor's news will be posted here.

How should hybrid armours work?

Allow them in the wilderness, don't let them degrade
17%
Keep them out of the wilderness, don't let them degrade
6%
Allow them in the wilderness, let them degrade (lasts 10 hours)
5%
Allow them in the wilderness, let them degrade (lasts 20 hours)
0%
Allow them in the wilderness, let them degrade (lasts 30 hours)
3%
Allow them in the wilderness, let them degrade (lasts 10 hours but degrades 2x slower outside the wilderness)
5%
Allow them in the wilderness, let them degrade (lasts 20 hours but degrades 2x slower outside the wilderness)
3%
Allow them in the wilderness, let them degrade (lasts 30 hours but degrades 2x slower outside the wilderness)
3%
Keep them out of the wilderness, let them degrade (lasts 10 hours)
2%
Keep them out of the wilderness, let them degrade (lasts 20 hours)
No votes
Keep them out of the wilderness, let them degrade (lasts 30 hours)
0%
Keep vanguard the same as suggested (see other thread for details)
6%
Make vanguard's offensive melee stats stronger
14%
Make vanguard's offensive ranged stats stronger
13%
Make vangaurd's defensive melee stats stronger
12%
Make vanguard's defensive ranged stats stronger
12%

Total votes: 222

Rawr
Premium Donator

Re: Castle wars rewards (second thread)

Post by Rawr » Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:12 pm

Ghostsforum wrote:It needs to be degradable and should take 50 hours+ to get the full set.

Nobody wants castle wars to be dead content.
No one wants it to be so time-consuming and almost useless.

Degradable AND a lot of time would make it unviable. Why spend 50+ hours on a full set of gear with a lower max hit than void, and with roughly the same stats as PKP gear. I'd rather spend 10 hours getting PKP gear that lasts me another 10 hours, than a set that takes 50 and will degrade (not to mention how if I died with it, I'd lose all that effort).

You need to balance the sets so that it rewards people who put it in the effort. Your proposals would make it so unviable that it would never be used because it would not be worth the effort. You would, in effect, actually add to the likelihood of Castle Wars becoming dead content because on of the major incentives would not be justifiable to purchase.

This is why I suggested two sets; a degradeable one and a permanent one. One people won't have as much issue with losing, as it will be lost soon regardless, but the lower cost keeps it viable. The permanent set also is not a huge risk to losing, as it can be reclaimed for less than the initial cost, but will be priced highly (initial and reclaiming) as to prevent it being used by everyone, whilst still being viable for PVMers as well, not just for PKers.

My pricing suggestions for sets (if this is even a possibility that people prefer):

-> PERMANENT: 750 CW Tickets per piece for permanent sets. This puts the total time to obtain at 78 hours (assuming 16 points/win + all wins). Recharging the set should be 100 CW Tickets an item, so it takes around 5 hours to be able to reuse the set.

This allows the gear to be a viable option, without being overly easy to obtain. The gear will take a few weeks anyone to obtain, or a week for a dedicated player. Either way, you won't see anyone running around it like this.

Keep in mind that there are three seperate sets, so perhaps these prices are actually too high, especially for a permanent set. It may be preferable to take it down to 500 CW Tickets a piece, to reduce each sets time to obtain down to 52 hours.

-> DEGRADABLE: 150 CW Tickets per piece, bringing the total time required to 16 hours. It won't be used by everyone and the potential risk / degrading nature make it fair, considering the strength of the damage output the gear has. 100 CW Tickets per piece takes the time down to 10 hours.
Last edited by Rawr on Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Strdown
Novice

Post by Strdown » Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:40 pm

Who wants degradable armour? Not me, allow in wilderness and don't make it degrade.
Sounds good whatever you choose :)

Smdjagex
Premium Donator

Post by Smdjagex » Fri Sep 26, 2014 5:59 pm

Strdown wrote:Who wants degradable armour? Not me, allow in wilderness and don't make it degrade.
Who wants degradable armour? Everyone who doesnt want castle wars to be dead content........
Credits to maurits for Signature

Vik
Honor Player

Post by Vik » Fri Sep 26, 2014 6:50 pm

Smdjagex wrote:
Strdown wrote:Who wants degradable armour? Not me, allow in wilderness and don't make it degrade.
Who wants degradable armour? Everyone who doesnt want castle wars to be dead content........
Once you get 1-2 sets of each armour there is no need to go play cwars again, unless you
Loose it

The underdog
Premium Donator

Post by The underdog » Sun Oct 05, 2014 12:22 am

Smdjagex wrote:
But if it's degradable it's not worth getting it and castle wars will become dead content.......
#Justice4Church
#DemoteRyanHeResigned
#capes2presets2k18