Let's talk Castle Wars rewards!

All of PkHonor's news will be posted here.

What do you think of the suggestions?

Add hybrid armours
14%
Add hybrid armours but keep them out of the wilderness
5%
Don't add hybrid armours
0%
I agree with the vanguard stats
7%
Make vanguard stronger
7%
Make vanguard weaker
0%
I agree with the battle-mage stats
8%
Make battle-mage stronger
4%
Make battle-mage weaker
1%
I agree with the trickster stats
7%
Make trickster stronger
5%
Make trickster weaker
1%
Add god bows
13%
Add god bows but keep them out of the wilderness
4%
Don't add god bows
0%
I agree with god bows being the same as dark bows
3%
I disagree with god bows being the same as dark bows
6%
I agree with the god bows stats
4%
Make god bows weaker
No votes
Make god bows stronger
11%

Total votes: 429

Errobbie
Honor Player

Re: Let's talk Castle Wars rewards!

Post by Errobbie » Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:12 am

Hayden wrote:
Vanquish wrote:07 and PkHonor are completely different. On PkHonor you can get things a lot easier, as obviously, they are more obtainable than on 07. Removing divines, hp boosts from hp boosting armours would be completely insane. Most people actually worked to get these advantages over less experienced/fortunate players and deserve to keep said advantage.
Uh
It's ONE minigame
Having an extreme advantage on everything else combat related isn't enough, you need the advantage on the one minigame that's supposed to be fair too?
There will be a balance of wealthy/experienced players and nubs/poor players like there always has been.
Image Image

Rawr
Premium Donator

Post by Rawr » Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:19 am

Vanquish wrote:
Hayden wrote:
Vanquish wrote:07 and PkHonor are completely different. On PkHonor you can get things a lot easier, as obviously, they are more obtainable than on 07. Removing divines, hp boosts from hp boosting armours would be completely insane. Most people actually worked to get these advantages over less experienced/fortunate players and deserve to keep said advantage.
Uh
It's ONE minigame
Having an extreme advantage on everything else combat related isn't enough, you need the advantage on the one minigame that's supposed to be fair too?
There will be a balance of wealthy/experienced players and nubs/poor players like there always has been.
There is no balance. Wealth absolutely demolished every one else and leaves no equality.

I can't keep up with Virtus / Torva w/ Divine and Chaos Whip, when I'm using Ahrims, Torags and Arcane/DFS w/ Abyssal Whip/SoL. I am experienced and I can occasionally outhit them. However, in a game like Castle Wars, I cannot outlast them, ever, which is all its about. It's all about wealth and no matter what you say, you know that is true.

All I want is ONE important part of the game that won't be dominated by people with money. A part of the game that still relies on skill. That should be the wilderness, but all this OP gear ruins it. Why can't you let it be Castle Wars? Why do you insist on having an unfair advantage absolutely everywhere?

Errobbie
Honor Player

Post by Errobbie » Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:21 am

Hashtag wrote: There is no balance. Wealth absolutely demolished every one else and leaves no equality.

I can't keep up with Virtus / Torva w/ Divine and Chaos Whip, when I'm using Ahrims, Torags and Arcane/DFS w/ Abyssal Whip/SoL. I am experienced and I can occasionally outhit them. However, in a game like Castle Wars, I cannot outlast them, ever, which is all its about. It's all about wealth and no matter what you say, you know that is true.
I never denied that it's mostly wealth.
But the wealthy players got to where they are at because they worked hard to get there so they shouldn't have their items nerfed because someone else can't afford them.

I'm going to make you a little scenario:
"Oh hey, Bob. Is that the new BMW M3?"
"Yah it is, Kevin. It's not as good as the older one, though, because someone complained about it being too good so they had to make us hard working, wealthy people to suffer the consequences of the complaining less fortunate people with previously not as good cars."
Last edited by Errobbie on Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image

Hayden
Elite

Post by Hayden » Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:22 am

Vanquish wrote:
Hashtag wrote: There is no balance. Wealth absolutely demolished every one else and leaves no equality.

But the wealthy players got to where they are at because they worked hard to get there so they shouldn't have their items nerfed because someone else can't afford them.
They went to the duel arena and got lucky
"work"

Rawr
Premium Donator

Post by Rawr » Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:24 am

Vanquish wrote:

So whilst you get to dominate everywhere, everyone else just has to submit, purely because you made a bit of money. You're sounding like an elitist; as if you're entitled to additional bonuses and easier gameplay just because you've been here longer.

Errobbie
Honor Player

Post by Errobbie » Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:26 am

Hashtag wrote:
Vanquish wrote:

So whilst you get to dominate everywhere, everyone else just has to submit, purely because you made a bit of money. You're sounding like an elitist; as if you're entitled to additional bonuses and easier gameplay just because you've been here longer.
No, I'm sounding like an elitist because I actually worked hard for my items and I don't want to see them turned into mush because someone else can't afford to buy it.
Image Image

Hayden
Elite

Post by Hayden » Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:27 am

I repeat.

One. Minigame. Your items have their value. You have to play one. Minigame. With no advantage.

Errobbie
Honor Player

Post by Errobbie » Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:28 am

Hayden wrote:I repeat.

One. Minigame. Your items have their value. You have to play one. Minigame. With no advantage.
I intend to play this minigame a lot to get the great rewards. I repeat. I want a well-earned advantage because I worked hard to get said advantage.
Image Image

Rawr
Premium Donator

Post by Rawr » Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:28 am

Consider this from a new players perspective. They're really excited about Castle Wars, but they become annoyed and angry because they quite literally have no chance. None. You can run rings around them and they can't do a thing to stop you.

That's how it is for everyone who doesn't have the OP gear though, not just new players. They cannot do anything to stop you, whilst you just walk all over them. Your reason for this being fair is because you've played longer and 'earned' it. Do they not even get a chance? Have they not at least earned that?

Even without HP boosts (and divine/3a Staff), your gear is still superior due to its stats. You would still be at an advantage, you'd just have to use skill and not money to best them. A well earned advantage is one that gives a small but noticable bonus, not one that has a huge impact on anyone you come across.
Vanquish wrote:
Hayden wrote:I repeat.

I intend to play this minigame a lot to get the great rewards. I repeat. I want a well-earned advantage because I worked hard to get said advantage.
Your advantage will stop most people from wanting to play unless they're on your team. If I was against you prods, I would leave and come back in twenty minutes because it isn't worth my time. You ruin the fun. You did it in the Wilderness, don't do it here too. You aren't entitled to anything, stop acting as if you are because you've apparently earned it due to a bit of timeplayed.
Last edited by Rawr on Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Errobbie
Honor Player

Post by Errobbie » Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:32 am

Hashtag wrote:Consider this from a new players perspective. They're really excited about Castle Wars, but they become annoyed and angry because they quite literally have no chance. None. You can run rings around them and they can't do a thing to stop you.

That's how it is for everyone who doesn't have the OP gear though, not just new players. They cannot do anything to stop you, whilst you just walk all over them. Your reason for this being fair is because you've played longer and 'earned' it. Do they not even get a chance? Have they not at least earned that?

Even without HP boosts (and divine/3a Staff), your gear is still superior due to its stats. You would still be at an advantage, you'd just have to use skill and not money to best them.
Virtus without its HP boost isn't even worth using because Ahrim's is better and so is Zuriel's.
Torva without its HP boost is still good because you can tank with it, but you can also tank with Vesta's and Torag's.
Are barrows and PvP items hard to obtain? No, not at all. You need to remember that this is a private server and even the most difficult things to obtain are still considered to be easily obtainable.
Image Image