Let's talk Castle Wars rewards!

All of PkHonor's news will be posted here.

What do you think of the suggestions?

Add hybrid armours
14%
Add hybrid armours but keep them out of the wilderness
5%
Don't add hybrid armours
0%
I agree with the vanguard stats
7%
Make vanguard stronger
7%
Make vanguard weaker
0%
I agree with the battle-mage stats
8%
Make battle-mage stronger
4%
Make battle-mage weaker
1%
I agree with the trickster stats
7%
Make trickster stronger
5%
Make trickster weaker
1%
Add god bows
13%
Add god bows but keep them out of the wilderness
4%
Don't add god bows
0%
I agree with god bows being the same as dark bows
3%
I disagree with god bows being the same as dark bows
6%
I agree with the god bows stats
4%
Make god bows weaker
No votes
Make god bows stronger
11%

Total votes: 429

Mike
Programmer

Let's talk Castle Wars rewards!

Post by Mike » Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:06 pm

With Castle Wars nearing its final stage of development, it's time to determine the rewards. I have some ideas of my own, but being a community-driven RuneScape Private Server, we'll only introduce rewards that the majority of the community agrees with.
If you disagree with any suggestions, please provide an alternative, or point out what you'd improve.

NOTE: prices will be determined later, once the rewards themselves have been determined.
Losing any of these items on death would result in them going to your refund box and you'd have to pay a hefty price to reobtain them. Whoever killed you will receive a portion of that price (instead of the item).

What I have in mind so far:
Hybrid armour:
Vanguard, Battle-mage and Trickster sets.
These armours can all be used within the wilderness.
Vanguard is a combination of melee and ranged armour (wearing a full set gives +20% melee and ranged attack bonus).
Battle-mage is a combination of magic and melee armour (wearing a full set gives +20% melee and magic attack bonus).
Trickster is a combination of magic and ranged armour (wearing a full set gives +20% ranged and magic attack bonus).
Wearing a full set does not give extra damage bonus (unlike void sets).

Note: If you have an honor account, you can already spawn them yourself to check them out (ID's 14659 - 14673, see http://www.pkhonor.net/items), but the stats aren't correct yet.

My suggestions for their stats would be as follows:

See below for the reasoning behind the stats (all combinations of existing gear):
Spoiler: show
Vanguard is a combination of Vesta (melee offense stats) with Morrigan (ranged offense stats) and Torag (melee and ranged defense stats)

- Body: Vesta's chainbody (strength and melee offense stats) + Morrigan's leather body (ranged offense stats) + Torag's body (defense stats)
- Legs: Vesta's plateskirt (strength and melee offense stats) + Morrigan's leather chaps (ranged offense stats) + Torag's legs (defense stats)
- Helm: Statius fullhelm (strength and melee offense stats) + Morrigan's coif (ranged offense stats) + Torag's helm (defense stats)
- Boots: Dragon boots (strength) + Ranger boots (ranged offense stats) + Bandos boots (defense stats)
- Gloves: Barrows gloves

Battle-mage is a combination of Vesta (melee offense stats) with Zuriel (magic offense stats), Torag (melee defense stats) and Karil's (magic defense stats)

- Body: Vesta's chainbody (strength and melee offense stats) + Zuriel's robetop (magic offense stats) + Torag's body (melee defense stats) + Karil's top (magic defense stats)
- Legs: Vesta's plateskirt (strength and melee offense stats) + Zuriel's robe bottom (magic offense stats) + Torag's legs (melee defense stats) + Karil's skirt (magic defense stats)
- Helm: Statius fullhelm (strength and melee offense stats) + Zuriel's hood (magic offense stats) + Torag's helm (melee defense stats) + Karil's coif (magic defense stats)
Battle-mage boots: Dragon boots (strength) + Infinity boots (magic offense stats and magic defense stats) + Bandos boots (melee defense stats)

Trickster is a combination of Morrigan (ranged offense stats and magic defense stats) and Zuriel (magic offense stats)

- Body: Morrigan's leather body (ranged offense stats and magic defense stats) + Zuriel's robetop (magic offense stats)
-Legs: Morrigan's leather chaps (ranged offense stats and magic defense stats) + Zuriel's robe bottom (magic offense stats)
- Helm: Morrigan's coif (ranged offense stats and magic defense stats) + Zuriel's hood (magic offense stats)
- Boots: Ranger boots (ranged offense stats) + Infinity boots (magic offense stats and magic defense stats)

God bows
Is the same as a Dark Bow (same stats, same attack speed, same special attack), except it gives an additional bonus:
- Saradomin bow: adds +8 to all your defenses
- Zamorak bow: adds +5 to your ranged attack
- Guthix bow: adds +3 to your ranged attack and +4 to all your defenses

Please let me know what you think of these suggestions, what you'd like to improve upon it, and if you have suggestions of your own, feel free to share them with us!

Ruler
Honor Player

Re: Let's talk Castle Wars rewards!

Post by Ruler » Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:08 pm

OMFGOMFGOMFGOMFGOMFG

It really depends on how easy these are to get and what happens with them upon death
Will there be other rewards as well?
Last edited by Ruler on Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:12 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Heisenberg
Honor Player

Post by Heisenberg » Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:08 pm

:o Fuck some of this is going to be OP asf.
Errobbie wrote:Helper is pretty much a useless rank.

Captan azoz
Rookie

Post by Captan azoz » Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:08 pm

nice mike

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:09 pm

Heisenberg wrote::o Fuck some of this is going to be OP asf.
It's not supposed to be. I want to introduce some strong stuff, but nothing that's considered too strong or OP. If you think some of it may be too strong, please point out what we should change about it. It's supposed to be balanced.

Errobbie
Honor Player

Post by Errobbie » Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:09 pm

Yeeeeeees Mike!@#
I'll be camping castle wars for days!@#
Edit: Why the hell would you want to keep hybrid armours out of the wilderness?
These armours are what in Hybrid-Pk'ers' dreams.
Last edited by Errobbie on Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image

Megumin
Honor Player

Post by Megumin » Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:10 pm

Sorry to be a bother, but this needs to be answered
http://forums.pkhonor.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=33384

Monkoflord
Honor Player

Post by Monkoflord » Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:11 pm

I think it all would be good as you have it..(Note: I'm not a pker) But I think the God bows should be left out of the wilderness and made a little bit stronger.
Image Image

Jelle
Honor Player

Post by Jelle » Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:11 pm

what happens when you die with these items? same thing as max/comp cape?

Canthitme1
Forum Addict

Post by Canthitme1 » Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:11 pm

day it comes out i camping tail i get all sets