Client Background Competition [POLL]

All of PkHonor's news will be posted here.

Vote for the best background!

Poll ended at Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:26 pm

Donator Mike Image
10%
Tacoordie v2 Image
2%
Adam2569 Image
3%
Flows Image
5%
Ccxv Image
6%
Nakul Image
2%
Ratonhaketon Image
6%
F3arme Image
5%
Sons of odin Image
3%
Kory Pk Image
6%
Fryslan Image
5%
Werthers Image
4%
R 4 n g e r Image
0%
Essay Image
11%
Jericho Image
2%
Titanium fox Image
2%
Phate Image
1%
Deific Image
2%
Maurits Image
1%
Wynmm Image
2%
Minako Image
No votes
Patel Image
16%
Ryuns bae Image
5%

Total votes: 263

Kalista
Honor Player

Re: Client Background Competition [POLL]

Post by Kalista » Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:12 pm

Kory pk wrote:I find it funny how the ones related to RuneScape are at bottom in votes, and the fluffy exotic plains of neverland are getting the most votes.
Rs is boring

Kylo ren
Honor Player

Post by Kylo ren » Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:05 pm

Kory pk wrote:I find it funny how the ones related to RuneScape are at bottom in votes, and the fluffy exotic plains of neverland are getting the most votes.
I find it funny too, considering that a good amount of people were complaining that the backgrounds weren't "RS-enough".

Undos
Premium Donator

Post by Undos » Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:50 pm

hmm i like all of them tbh

Kory pk
Premium Donator

Post by Kory pk » Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:01 am

Ratonhaketon wrote:
I find it funny too, considering that a good amount of people were complaining that the backgrounds weren't "RS-enough".
The vote is definitely more based on who made it than the actual work itself lul.

Vik
Honor Player

Post by Vik » Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:52 am

Kory pk wrote:
Ratonhaketon wrote:
The vote is definitely more based on who made it than the actual work itself lul.
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :grumpycat:

Kylo ren
Honor Player

Post by Kylo ren » Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:17 am

Kory pk wrote:
Ratonhaketon wrote:
Oh I couldn't agree more.

Patel
Advisor

Post by Patel » Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:20 am

Yeah, they ask for the impossible. In the end, they'll just look for what looks nice, or sadly (as what appears to be the case here), who made it. Not saying mine's bad or better than someone else's, but I don't think I'd have gotten as many votes if I posted it under another name.

Point is that exotic landscapes, on average, look more appealing than cliche Runescape backgrounds, whether people want to admit it or not. This is mainly due to the fact that more people make exotic landscapes than do Runescape backgrounds.

Kory pk
Premium Donator

Post by Kory pk » Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:35 am

Patel wrote:
Yeah, they ask for the impossible. In the end, they'll just look for what looks nice, or sadly (as what appears to be the case here), who made it. Not saying mine's bad or better than someone else's, but I don't think I'd have gotten as many votes if I posted it under another name.

Point is that exotic landscapes, on average, look more appealing than cliche Runescape backgrounds, whether people want to admit it or not. This is mainly due to the fact that more people make exotic landscapes than do Runescape backgrounds.
Yours is great, I wouldn't mind having it as our primary background. Are there a few things I'd change? Probably, but exotic only has an appeal to a point. The very first one on the list(forgot who it's by) would deserve #1 if a little more effort was put into it. But it gives off the right feel to what we're trying to promote. No offense to the people who make bright and exotic backgrounds, but they really don't fit with what we have going.

I don't ever see such a fluffy background as Essay's being used for a server called PKHONOR. With such a name should come a background with the same effect. A fluffy background would work well with any server under the name "***Scape" But with PK in the name there has to be something a bit more grungy.

Vik
Honor Player

Post by Vik » Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:17 am

Kory pk wrote:
Patel wrote:

Yours is great, I wouldn't mind having it as our primary background. Are there a few things I'd change? Probably, but exotic only has an appeal to a point. The very first one on the list(forgot who it's by) would deserve #1 if a little more effort was put into it. But it gives off the right feel to what we're trying to promote. No offense to the people who make bright and exotic backgrounds, but they really don't fit with what we have going.

I don't ever see such a fluffy background as Essay's being used for a server called PKHONOR. With such a name should come a background with the same effect. A fluffy background would work well with any server under the name "***Scape" But with PK in the name there has to be something a bit more grungy.
They should've been PM'd too Maurits and the poll wouldn't have the name of the creator, thus everyone can vote for what one they actually like. Not vote for it because of who the creator is

Donator mike
Premium Donator

Post by Donator mike » Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:39 pm

3rd place? Well.. I guess its something.