Todays updates! (16 August 2014)

All of PkHonor's news will be posted here.
Jelle
Honor Player

Re: Todays updates! (25 July 2014)

Post by Jelle » Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:01 pm

you can't use special attack with customs in the wilderness and you can use the customs against other players who dont wear a custom whip.

also, you can use all the options of the magic whip(barrage and spec)

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Sat Jul 26, 2014 3:12 pm

Hashtag wrote:
Canthitme1 wrote:I don't understand this.... Why would someone bring a 10-13b whip into the wild if its gonna be treated the same as a normal 75m whip... Theres a big price difference and no advantage if your allowin it in the wild.
And what happens if you die while pking with custom
It means you can use it on bosses and such, and will still be able to fight back if other people come.

Mike, when you say it will be treated like a normal Abyssal Whip, do you also mean that it will be valued as one? Will the special attacks still work? Will the Magic Whip still be able to autocast like a Chaotic Staff (hopefully it will, as this will promote its use in bridding)?
Good questions.
No, the whip will not be valued as a normal whip, it will still be valued as a custom whip. The only thing that happens is that when you attack someone else, the stats of the whip are temporarily lowered (as long as you attack another player).
No, special attacks on custom whips and enchanted completionist capes do not work when used against other players.
Yes, the magic whip can still be used to autocast spells on other players. But keep in mind that you won't get the magic attack bonus from the whip when doing so.

Bloated face
Premium Donator

Post by Bloated face » Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:01 am

Mike wrote:Updated on 25 July:
-> Max and Completionist cape release! See http://forums.pkhonor.net/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=29956 for more info!
DISCLAIMER: both the Max Hood and all Completionist Hoods are bugged (the lower half of your face is invisible). Sadly, despite my best efforts, I was unable to fix this. The bug does not happen for women, but since the hood offers no bonuses and only costs 50M coins, it's quite minor.
-> Players can now attack each other again in the wilderness with custom whips. However, whenever attacking another player with a custom whip, your whip will be treated as if being a normal Abyssal whip (so you cannot gain any advantages this way).
Hey mike great update love the new content, figured you just hadn't had the time before your vacation but do you plan on programming comp and max cape emotes? or are you leaving them as is without the emotes? Either way enjoy your vacation looking forward to all the new updates

Rick
Premium Donator

Post by Rick » Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:43 pm

NEWS POST HAS BEEN UPDATE REGARDING THE WHIP OF CHAOS BUG!

Fungamer
Developer

Post by Fungamer » Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:10 am

I came across an idea, not sure if its already suggested on this thread, but;

If BOTH players in the wilderness wear (the same) (a) custom whip, would it be possible to make it have its buffs? That way, both players have the buffs.

Before you guys say no;

Both players have the same "chance" of "hitting" high\quick\... This wouldn't make an unfair advantage, as they both can use it.

Ain
Unstoppable

Post by Ain » Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:11 am

Fungamer wrote:I came across an idea, not sure if its already suggested on this thread, but;

If BOTH players in the wilderness wear (the same) (a) custom whip, would it be possible to make it have its buffs? That way, both players have the buffs.

Before you guys say no;

Both players have the same "chance" of "hitting" high\quick\... This wouldn't make an unfair advantage, as they both can use it.
Lel. Souls whips + Protect nty

Fungamer
Developer

Post by Fungamer » Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:14 am

Ain wrote:
Fungamer wrote:I came across an idea, not sure if its already suggested on this thread, but;

Before you guys say no;

Fungamer wrote:
Before you guys say no;

Both players have the same "chance" of "hitting" high\quick\healing... This wouldn't make an unfair advantage, as they both can use it.

Its an issue between players if they both use souls whip then.. If one prots and uses souls whip, the other can too. Why? The person has a souls whip too, and I suppose you don't go pking without 55+ prayer
Last edited by Fungamer on Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ain
Unstoppable

Post by Ain » Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:15 am

Fungamer wrote:
Ain wrote:

Before you guys say no;

Fungamer wrote:
Before you guys say no;

Both players have the same "chance" of "hitting" high\quick\healing... This wouldn't make an unfair advantage, as they both can use it.

Its an issue between players if they both use souls whip then..
nty. r

Fungamer
Developer

Post by Fungamer » Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:19 am

Ain wrote:
nty. r
Explain, instead of just saying "nty"

I know you're capable of having a conversation that'd make me (& others) explain your point, so do it instead of saying "nty"... I honestly see no problem in it if both players use the souls whip. If you don't want that, why would we have torva & divines at all? People also do divine & torva vs divine & torva..

Ain
Unstoppable

Post by Ain » Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:24 am

Fungamer wrote:
Ain wrote:
nty. r
Explain, instead of just saying "nty"

I know you're capable of having a conversation that'd make me (& others) explain your point, so do it instead of saying "nty"... I honestly see no problem in it if both players use the souls whip. If you don't want that, why would we have torva & divines at all? People also do divine & torva vs divine & torva..
Lol, you can easily hit through torva & divine.

Oh, and I'm just acting like you act through PMs, doesn't feel to great eh? :l