The bot hunt is on

All of PkHonor's news will be posted here.
Platfish
Champion

Re: The bot hunt is on

Post by Platfish » Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:16 am

Was thinking the same thing personally.. Eventually, the bots are going to become more advanced to work around this issue. I'm sure it'll be within a months time or so before bots are back in-game. I'd much rather see Mike put work into something more useful for the people that actually do play, and not focus on those who don't. The eco is already inflated to the point of no return so really, why bother trying to restrict it anymore. At the pace this community is going, they're not going to have any players left due to lack of in-game content for those who actually play.
this... you won't get people who are taking a break back with banning more botters, neither will it attract new players, and if i'm right THAT is the thing what we want and need
M a n o 2 wrote:thsis acconat not scammer is acconat not go astak da kan al accont be tae

5alood
Premium Donator

Post by 5alood » Wed Jun 11, 2014 5:37 am

Well,the update is really good,just like maurits said i rather see 70 honest players then 200 bots however bots will be able to bypass this in about a month or so and i rather see more updates to the server...this will waste mike's time:/

I want hamade back :( not saying mike is bad,mike is perfect he is java god i want hamade's leadership though

Ruler
Honor Player

Post by Ruler » Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:47 am

Lets be honest, whatever Mike does, there are always people complaining. If he adds something for the wildy, there will be people saying ''The majority of this server doesn't pk, don't waste your time and work on skilling and pvming''.

No1 here knows what he coded. Imagine they can't bypass it, this means the skill items are rising in price and honest skillers will have a better opportunity to make some money. This might mean there will be more skillers who stay because they have some methods to make some money with. Even if Mike's thing is getting bypassed, a lot of bots will be banned.

First, everyone complains that Mike has to start coding some things again. He codes something to fight botters, which is a big problem at the moment and makes it harder for honest skillers to make some money. And still this community complains. Guess we will always have to complain about something, never satisfied.... *sigh*

Lets be positive for once. :cry:

Rawr
Premium Donator

Post by Rawr » Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:02 pm

Ruler wrote:Lets be honest, whatever Mike does, there are always people complaining. If he adds something for the wildy, there will be people saying ''The majority of this server doesn't pk, don't waste your time and work on skilling and pvming''.

No1 here knows what he coded. Imagine they can't bypass it, this means the skill items are rising in price and honest skillers will have a better opportunity to make some money. This might mean there will be more skillers who stay because they have some methods to make some money with. Even if Mike's thing is getting bypassed, a lot of bots will be banned.

First, everyone complains that Mike has to start coding some things again. He codes something to fight botters, which is a big problem at the moment and makes it harder for honest skillers to make some money. And still this community complains. Guess we will always have to complain about something, never satisfied.... *sigh*

Lets be positive for once. :cry:
I'm glad he's added this. It means people can't just autoclick and get away with it. You'd have to actively go and get a bot to get around this, so there is no way in hell someone can claim it's against the rules.

The difference between you & I, however, is that I am realistic in my approach to this topic. There is a difference between complaining and accepting that this won't solve the issue forever.

Anyway, will this automatically ban people if the 'software' detects them? If so, I think it should start off with a temporary ban, to be reviewed by moderators. No offense Mike, but I doubt the system will be flawless and I'd hate to see the parameters for detection being set at a level that leads to false bans.

Subnet
Premium Donator

Post by Subnet » Wed Jun 11, 2014 3:54 pm

Don't you think if there was a way to fix botters Jagex would have done so already?

Azu rite
Premium Donator

Post by Azu rite » Wed Jun 11, 2014 4:00 pm

Not safe run wrote:Don't you think if there was a way to fix botters Jagex would have done so already?
They tried, it worked for all of two weeks.

Ruler
Honor Player

Post by Ruler » Wed Jun 11, 2014 4:27 pm

Danny, I was talking about the people complaining this was timewaste. I have no knowledge at all about coding so I wouldn't say anything about the bot detection and if it will work :)

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:12 am

Herrodragon wrote:Is autohotkeys for dropping items illegal?
And single command autohotkeys? :s
Not that ya know I use them or anything l0l *cancels all the 2b's buying in ge* :shock:
That's no big deal, and truth be told, our current anti-bot system wouldn't even be able to detect that.

Nah, it's really an anti-bot for skillers and autobuyers at shops.
At all the skeptics, thanks to the effort of a few bot script writers, I know how most (as in, at least 95%) of bots work. Which also means I know what they are capable of, and what they aren't capable of. I'm positive that this will keep at least 80 - 90% of the botters at bay, forever. I know how they're avoiding all the current randoms and I simply see no feasible way how they can get around this particular one, certainly not for the next few months.

And within that time, I'll already have more advanced random events in place (which will be harder for bots but easier for the players than the current ones).

At everyone complaining about me wasting my time, the anti-bot measures didn't really take that much of my time. Most of it was spent on IRL things and getting a lot of other non-coding stuff in order.

Also, my grandmother passed away last week. Didn't really help motivate me to work more.

Canthitme1
Forum Addict

Post by Canthitme1 » Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:19 am

Damn sorry bout your grandmother mike

Ruler
Honor Player

Post by Ruler » Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:09 am

Condolences with your loss mike!