The bot hunt is on

All of PkHonor's news will be posted here.
Rawr
Premium Donator

Re: The bot hunt is on

Post by Rawr » Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:01 am

Mike wrote:
Herrodragon wrote:Is autohotkeys for dropping items illegal?
And single command autohotkeys? :s
Not that ya know I use them or anything l0l *cancels all the 2b's buying in ge* :shock:
That's no big deal, and truth be told, our current anti-bot system wouldn't even be able to detect that.

Nah, it's really an anti-bot for skillers and autobuyers at shops.
At all the skeptics, thanks to the effort of a few bot script writers, I know how most (as in, at least 95%) of bots work. Which also means I know what they are capable of, and what they aren't capable of. I'm positive that this will keep at least 80 - 90% of the botters at bay, forever. I know how they're avoiding all the current randoms and I simply see no feasible way how they can get around this particular one, certainly not for the next few months.

And within that time, I'll already have more advanced random events in place (which will be harder for bots but easier for the players than the current ones).

At everyone complaining about me wasting my time, the anti-bot measures didn't really take that much of my time. Most of it was spent on IRL things and getting a lot of other non-coding stuff in order.

Also, my grandmother passed away last week. Didn't really help motivate me to work more.
Sorry to hear about your loss :L

If you want to make it harder to complete randoms, make them randomly choose an NPC out of a few hundred, if not thousand. Also, add a question with them, and have a lot of them. It wouldn't be worth the effort to find and add every combination to a script. If the bots are mainly logging out when they get a random, what do you plan on doing in that scenario?

Canthitme1
Forum Addict

Post by Canthitme1 » Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:06 am

How about If u log out while in a random then you get sent to jail for a 500 ore punishment
If it happens more then twice u get banned...

Rawr
Premium Donator

Post by Rawr » Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:08 am

Canthitme1 wrote:How about If u log out while in a random then you get sent to jail for a 500 ore punishment
Shitty connection / server DC at bad times would make it impossible to prove whether it was bad luck or a bot.

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:11 pm

Hashtag wrote:
Canthitme1 wrote:How about If u log out while in a random then you get sent to jail for a 500 ore punishment
Shitty connection / server DC at bad times would make it impossible to prove whether it was bad luck or a bot.
Indeed, we don't want to start punishing legitimate players who have done nothing wrong.
However, if a player logs out during a random, the random will simply continue as soon as they log back in. I'm not sure if that's how it works now (it certainly is like this with Bob's island), but if not, I'll make sure it works on the old man and sandwich lady as well.

Tactic skill
Rookie

Post by Tactic skill » Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:29 pm

i really appreciate on what your doing i understand it will drop a few players out but the less bots would mean more money for skillers in which case in my dream because its my favourite thing to do and always has been but i also see a lot of bots well from what i think are bots at hunter areas so it would be better if you could some how code a random that is still really easy but complicated for bots to work out with

Unicorn
Champion

Post by Unicorn » Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:01 pm

You should add the maze random event where you race to the middle for a reward, quicker you go the more you get. The reward could be pkp between 0-30 or gold 100k-10m. This was by farm my favorite event And maybe the hardest to complete in some eyes. But I had it memorized 5 years ago, I got it on 07 finished the first time with 70% left which is like super quick. This is by far the funnest random in my eyes, and would catch remaining bots with ease as they won't know the way through.
Image Image

James
Premium Donator

Post by James » Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:11 pm

Unicorn wrote:You should add the maze random event where you race to the middle for a reward, quicker you go the more you get. The reward could be pkp between 0-30 or gold 100k-10m. This was by farm my favorite event And maybe the hardest to complete in some eyes. But I had it memorized 5 years ago, I got it on 07 finished the first time with 70% left which is like super quick. This is by far the funnest random in my eyes, and would catch remaining bots with ease as they won't know the way through.
Noty.

Just because I'm stupid and can't solve a random event doesn't make me a bot.

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:02 am

Funny guy wrote:
Unicorn wrote:You should add the maze random event where you race to the middle for a reward, quicker you go the more you get. The reward could be pkp between 0-30 or gold 100k-10m. This was by farm my favorite event And maybe the hardest to complete in some eyes. But I had it memorized 5 years ago, I got it on 07 finished the first time with 70% left which is like super quick. This is by far the funnest random in my eyes, and would catch remaining bots with ease as they won't know the way through.
Noty.

Just because I'm stupid and can't solve a random event doesn't make me a bot.
Exactly - if we were to give the player a penalty for not being able to complete the maze, a lot of legitimate players would get punished, which we'd rather not have. We need randoms that can easily be solved by players but are very hard (ideally impossible) for bots.

I do however have some more advanced random events in mind that I'll be releasing in the months to come, but for the time being, I'm going to focus on getting our combat system back in order and giving the players some more stuff to do ;)

Sexay

Post by Sexay » Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:33 pm

i hate botters

Blastoised

Post by Blastoised » Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:52 pm

Sounds awesome!
Lazyness is the nr. 1 reason to obesity.
ImageImage Image
I accidently *Blastoised* on her