What should we focus on next?

All of PkHonor's news will be posted here.

Rebalancing the combat system
21%
Making the wilderness more active
22%
Releasing pets & pet quest
13%
Adding new monsters and/or items
35%
Reworking clan wars
6%
Reworking the zombie minigame
3%

Total votes: 594

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Tue May 13, 2014 12:56 pm

It's been a while since I've set up a poll and asked our community what they wanted us to work on next, so here goes. This poll will not definitively decide the order in which I will work on updates, but it will definitely have an impact. There's many more updates planned except the ones listed, but these are the "big" ones that we'll be working on in between small updates.
You can choose up to 3 items.

Please note that I have a thesis to finish by the beginning of June, which means I will not have much time for PkHonor until then (I had postponed work on my thesis to work on PkHonor, but now I don't have a choice if I want to graduate). Once it's done, I'll have all the time I need and will be able to work on PkHonor full-time again. Until then, I'll try to release some small updates or get at least some work done on the bigger ones.

Elite reborn
Premium Donator

Re: What should we focus on next?

Post by Elite reborn » Tue May 13, 2014 1:01 pm

Adding new monsters for sure.
suh dude

Tinder13ox

Post by Tinder13ox » Tue May 13, 2014 1:01 pm

Most important would be..
Rebalancing the combat system

Smdjagex
Premium Donator

Post by Smdjagex » Tue May 13, 2014 1:27 pm

Emma Watson/Jennifer Laurence emotes for forums
:jiggly:

But in all seriousness we need an active wilderness, everyday in help my most common 3 questions are:
How to make money
How to make a diamond amulet
And is pking active
Credits to maurits for Signature

Jedi entei
Wise One

Post by Jedi entei » Tue May 13, 2014 1:29 pm

Releasing New Items
We need new items because it will help new people who come straight from Runescape straight to this game. Also, having the same dragon or bandos boots gets really boring. :3

Making the Wilderness More Active:
I think making the wilderness more populated is a great issue that is in dire need of addressing. I'm the noobiest PKer you will ever meet. And I walked out into the wilderness to welfare fight with one of my buddies, and I instantly got teleblocked and farcasted. Making it impossible for me to fight back. This needs fixing.

Rebalancing the Combat System
I have not experienced nor read much about this, as people are too caught up in telling everyone, "the combat sucks!" But they won't define reasons nor will they define solutions to this problem. But, if it is really a precedent issue, as everyone says it is, I feel it needs to be on my list.

Thank you,
Entei
I no longer play PKH. Please, if you'd like to contact me, PM me.

Sk kyle
Premium Donator

Post by Sk kyle » Tue May 13, 2014 1:37 pm

I voted for new monsters, fix combat system and pet quest.
If I had to pick just one it would be new monsters, it's always nice to see new content coming into the game; especially for pvm.

Kiwi kane
Novice

Post by Kiwi kane » Tue May 13, 2014 1:46 pm

A wild entei wrote:Releasing New Items
We need new items because it will help new people who come straight from Runescape straight to this game. Also, having the same dragon or bandos boots gets really boring. :3

Making the Wilderness More Active:
I think making the wilderness more populated is a great issue that is in dire need of addressing. I'm the noobiest PKer you will ever meet. And I walked out into the wilderness to welfare fight with one of my buddies, and I instantly got teleblocked and farcasted. Making it impossible for me to fight back. This needs fixing.

Rebalancing the Combat System
I have not experienced nor read much about this, as people are too caught up in telling everyone, "the combat sucks!" But they won't define reasons nor will they define solutions to this problem. But, if it is really a precedent issue, as everyone says it is, I feel it needs to be on my list.

Thank you,
Entei
^^ This

I haven't tried pvp yet either, however as for rebalancing the combat system, something you probably already know is that people will always complain. No matter how close to perfect it is there will be someone there to complain.

(¯`·._.·Proud PkHonor Player Since May 2nd, 2014 ·._.·´¯)
Mike wrote:I'm sick of these mother ******* dinosaurs on this mother ******* space ship

Ross
Premium Donator

Post by Ross » Tue May 13, 2014 1:49 pm

1, Rebalancing the combat system
Obvious first priority, without a good combat system you can't have an active and pleased wilderness.

2, Making the wilderness more active
Secondly the wilderness obviously needs that kick up the ass to make it exactly what we need to deliver with such a name as PkHonor but this can't be done without a balanced combat system, as aforementioned.

3, Adding new monsters and/or items
No point adding new monsters and items if we aren't even aware of the balanced variables that will come with a new combat system.

4, Releasing pets & pet quest
Healthy content to bring a bit of flare and flavour to the server and works well with an advertisement promotion

5&6, Reworking clan wars and Reworking the zombie minigame
Obviously these aren't necessary but they will look for for the server if they can be updated and maintained but for now an extremely low priority.

Rawr
Premium Donator

Post by Rawr » Tue May 13, 2014 2:04 pm

No pity wrote:1, Rebalancing the combat system
Obvious first priority, without a good combat system you can't have an active and pleased wilderness.

2, Making the wilderness more active
Secondly the wilderness obviously needs that kick up the ass to make it exactly what we need to deliver with such a name as PkHonor but this can't be done without a balanced combat system, as aforementioned.

3, Adding new monsters and/or items
No point adding new monsters and items if we aren't even aware of the balanced variables that will come with a new combat system.

4, Releasing pets & pet quest
Healthy content to bring a bit of flare and flavour to the server and works well with an advertisement promotion
My Top 4^

There's something for everyone in these updates, that will be both noticeable and impressive.

Jon
Honor Player

Post by Jon » Tue May 13, 2014 2:08 pm

New monsters and new items, specifically completionist and max capes, even the way they look now is fine by me.