Rule change on bots

All of PkHonor's news will be posted here.
Hayden
Elite

Re: Rule change on bots

Post by Hayden » Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:37 pm

Hashtag wrote:Just as long as Moderators do PROPER bot checks.

If a player has their Public off, they won't see anything a Moderator says, unless they're Admin+. So, Mods should have to PM them / jail them and see what happens. They should also have to screenshot the incident, else they could claim someone was botting purely because they dislike them.
They could just ::Xteletome them a considerable distance from where they were botting and see what happens

I2aw origins
Premium Donator

Post by I2aw origins » Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:24 pm

Hayden wrote:

If a player has their Public off, they won't see anything a Moderator says, unless they're Admin+. So, Mods should have to PM them / jail them and see what happens. They should also have to screenshot the incident, else they could claim someone was botting purely because they dislike them.
They could just ::Xteletome them a considerable distance from where they were botting and see what happens
You have to accept a teleport unless its from an admin+

Hayden
Elite

Post by Hayden » Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:01 pm

I2aw origins wrote:
Hayden wrote:

You have to accept a teleport unless its from an admin+
wat
rick teleports me to him all the time and i don't have to accept

Matt12
Premium Donator

Post by Matt12 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:26 pm

so glad this has been implemented.

Apalapa
Rookie

Post by Apalapa » Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:35 am

Does this mean non-afk botting is illegal as well?

Doinyomom v2
Known Venturer

Post by Doinyomom v2 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:37 am

Apalapa wrote:Does this mean non-afk botting is illegal as well?
Mike wrote: If a bot has been found, their account will be banned on sight and the punishment cannot be appealed.
all botting is now bannable afk-ing or not.
^these dogs just make you think you're tripping^
^click this picture for the best clan on PKH^

Rawr
Premium Donator

Post by Rawr » Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:29 pm

Doinyomom v2 wrote:
Apalapa wrote:Does this mean non-afk botting is illegal as well?
Mike wrote: If a bot has been found, their account will be banned on sight and the punishment cannot be appealed.
all botting is now bannable afk-ing or not.
It says if you're caught using one. So unless you go AFK they can't do anything.

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:56 pm

Hashtag wrote:It says if you're caught using one. So unless you go AFK they can't do anything.
Technically, we cannot detect (or punish) players that use a bot while attending to their character, respond to random events and mods etc. However, I do have to warn about the risks of non-afk botting: if you look away from your screen for just a minute while your autoclicker continues and you get caught by a mod, you're going to lose your entire account. So you have to ask yourself: is it really worth it?

Oh, and to clarify for the 10000th time: no, you can not get random events while afk. Only when you click an object or buy an item in a shop, you can get one.

Kylo ren
Honor Player

Post by Kylo ren » Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:09 pm

Mike wrote:
Hashtag wrote:It says if you're caught using one. So unless you go AFK they can't do anything.
Technically, we cannot detect (or punish) players that use a bot while attending to their character, respond to random events and mods etc. However, I do have to warn about the risks of non-afk botting: if you look away from your screen for just a minute while your autoclicker continues and you get caught by a mod, you're going to lose your entire account. So you have to ask yourself: is it really worth it?

Oh, and to clarify for the 10000th time: no, you can not get random events while afk. Only when you click an object or buy an item in a shop, you can get one.
Hey, idk if it's alright to make a suggestion to you here, but since it relates to botting, I figured that I might as well.

You know how you have the shops set individually, so players won't have to "compete" to buy items in them? Well, I think that you should change it so that players DO have to "compete" to buy them. Yesterday I found 4-5 Autobuyers at the supplies shop on the honor height in Catherby auto-buying prayer potions, and it took Maurits and I a good few minutes to actually tell if they were auto-buying or not. Turns out, these 4-5 players were the same user, and each account he had auto buying had around 20k prayer potions.

I think that if you switch this system, it'll help the Staff Members determine who's auto buying, and remove them from the server.

Rawr
Premium Donator

Post by Rawr » Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:54 pm

Rat, it was changed because otherwise the number of supplies in the shop would be so low, it just wouldn't work. We used to have x10~ the supplies and have it compete, but then the legitimate players wouldn't be able to keep up with the auto-ers.