PkHonor - a welcoming community?

All of PkHonor's news will be posted here.
B0rnt0b3pk
Fanatic

Re: PkHonor - a welcoming community?

Post by B0rnt0b3pk » Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:08 pm

Blahblahdie wrote:I'm the leader of the 2nd group, I assume.

I'm only negative torwards someone when I have a reason to be.
I corrected my behavior a while back, doesn't mean that I'll bend over and kiss the asses of people who try to take advantage of my kindness.
Since my unbanning, I've heard " I'll get you banned again" or " go ahead and say something, you'll be banned"
when people don't get their way.
I honestly don't give one shit, try to get me banned, kudos if you do.

People wonder why I stopped staking, it's rare to see me stake anymore.
It's because it's too drama fed, and all it does is make you an target of countless bait/flame once your opponent loses, then comes the " I saw what Mike said, I'll get you rebanned" line.

I'm negative to those who act above their staff position.
I'm negative to those who can't take a kind observation and learn from it, but instead turn around and flame you because the think they're some kind of "hard-ass" being 'new' to the server.

I don't consider myself a vet, nor do I want to be considered one.
I want to be considered a player, and a equal one at that.

I was given an oppurtunity to play this server again with the understanding that I'm to change my attitude.
Well then, stop letting people get away with the stuff that I or any other "offender" did in the past.
I'm just a normal player, not some animal who's locked up in captivity that you can poke with a stick.
We have something in common, young fellow.
ImageImage

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:41 pm

@Praise jesus: your next offensive, disrespectful, rude or 'smart' comment will result in your immediate, permanent and irreversible removal from the community and the game. Which means yes, you belong to the second group and I will not hesitate to make an example out of you if need be.

@Fierce: that's your opinion and you're entitled to it. The reason I don't agree with it, is because I do not wish to run a server where half of its community is at the throat of the other half of the community. And maybe I cannot influence the behavior of the players, but at least I'll put them in their place or remove them if I really need to. If PkHonor were nothing more than a bunch of douchebags and assholes, then I wouldn't want to be its leader, nor its programmer.
One of the reasons that Hamade had resigned, was because of all the shit he got from the community. It made his job hell and he lost motivation to keep going (which of course made it even worse). I don't intend to go down the same way.

As for why this thread was made, it wasn't really because of a specific thread, but something I've only really started to notice in recent months. I was planning to do this for a while, but didn't get to it yet until now.

Also, it's unlikely that I will remove anyone from the community without warning, but it's a possibility. Just saying, some people don't even deserve a warning.
Lastly, I know that a lot of people see me as that "guy who only gets online to ban people". I don't enjoy doing it, and I'd rather not, but the behavior of some people leave me with little choice. It's something that needs to be done.

Kalista
Honor Player

Post by Kalista » Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:57 pm

Mike can you name all the people on the second list, or atleast the more prominent ones? I know we should know that we need to change if we do actually need to, but having someone tell you specifically, hey man, you have some issues you got to work out such as ... It really helps for some people to work on that.

Pls senpai
Premium Donator

Post by Pls senpai » Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:58 pm

Hentai yum wrote:Mike can you name all the people on the second list, or atleast the more prominent ones? I know we should know that we need to change if we do actually need to, but having someone tell you specifically, hey man, you have some issues you got to work out such as ... It really helps for some people to work on that.

Eh. It'll only cause people to be pissed. Really not worth his time.

Kalista
Honor Player

Post by Kalista » Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:02 pm

Furry pussy wrote:
Hentai yum wrote:Mike can you name all the people on the second list, or atleast the more prominent ones? I know we should know that we need to change if we do actually need to, but having someone tell you specifically, hey man, you have some issues you got to work out such as ... It really helps for some people to work on that.

Eh. It'll only cause people to be pissed. Really not worth his time.
How so? If he just tells them straight out, respectfully, that the person has a
Tendency to start flame wars with other people and that they need to change and they are on the brink of being removed, I would think those people would focus on that aspect of themselves to make a change and stay on the server. If they don't care enough to change then that's their problem, and they can leave

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:03 pm

If I were to ban someone without a warning, it would be someone who knew very well he's being an asshole and a warning wouldn't help.
For those people who need 'improving upon', I'll give them a warning whenever needed. But I'm not going to compile a list of names.

Kalista
Honor Player

Post by Kalista » Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:04 pm

Mike wrote:
If I were to ban someone without a warning, it would be someone who knew very well he's being an asshole and a warning wouldn't help.
For those people who need 'improving upon', I'll give them a warning whenever needed. But I'm not going to compile a list of names.
Well, I guess what I'm sort of saying is make the warnings include what is wrong with their attitude, not just next time you do something wrong you'll be banned. Gives them a more specific area to change

Couches123
Premium Donator

Post by Couches123 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:06 pm

Mike wrote:
why not, it show who the assholes are so we can report them if we know they do it all the time

Fierce

Post by Fierce » Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:13 pm

Mike wrote:@Praise jesus: your next offensive, disrespectful, rude or 'smart' comment will result in your immediate, permanent and irreversible removal from the community and the game. Which means yes, you belong to the second group and I will not hesitate to make an example out of you if need be.

@Fierce: that's your opinion and you're entitled to it. The reason I don't agree with it, is because I do not wish to run a server where half of its community is at the throat of the other half of the community. And maybe I cannot influence the behavior of the players, but at least I'll put them in their place or remove them if I really need to. If PkHonor were nothing more than a bunch of douchebags and assholes, then I wouldn't want to be its leader, nor its programmer.
One of the reasons that Hamade had resigned, was because of all the shit he got from the community. It made his job hell and he lost motivation to keep going (which of course made it even worse). I don't intend to go down the same way.

As for why this thread was made, it wasn't really because of a specific thread, but something I've only really started to notice in recent months. I was planning to do this for a while, but didn't get to it yet until now.

Also, it's unlikely that I will remove anyone from the community without warning, but it's a possibility. Just saying, some people don't even deserve a warning.
Lastly, I know that a lot of people see me as that "guy who only gets online to ban people". I don't enjoy doing it, and I'd rather not, but the behavior of some people leave me with little choice. It's something that needs to be done.
Yessir, you lead the way you choose to lead. This is your server after all.
Shamelessly Stolen avatar and signature from Djpon3 because attack on titan and oreimo.

Ryun
Premium Donator

Post by Ryun » Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:01 pm

Couches123 wrote:
Mike wrote:
why not, it show who the assholes are so we can report them if we know they do it all the time
But see, we should be reporting them anyway. Not just if we know they do it a lot. Even first time offenders should be reported