PkHonor - a welcoming community?

All of PkHonor's news will be posted here.
Azu rite
Premium Donator

Re: PkHonor - a welcoming community?

Post by Azu rite » Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:01 pm

Mike wrote: But I'm not going to compile a list of names.
I personally think it would benefit some, not all, of the players on your shit list. I can only see two outcomes from a list that you compile. Scenario one the player sees they have done wrong, and tries to improve themselves for the betterment of the server. Scenario two they flip out and force your hand into doing what you already planned on doing, ip banning them.

Leviathans
Premium Donator

Post by Leviathans » Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:04 pm

Forum mod wrote:
I personally think it would benefit some, not all, of the players on your shit list. I can only see two outcomes from a list that you compile. Scenario one the player sees they have done wrong, and tries to improve themselves for the betterment of the server. Scenario two they flip out and force your hand into doing what you already planned on doing, ip banning them.
I agree.
Mike wrote: In your dreams fagget.

Kalista
Honor Player

Post by Kalista » Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:05 pm

Leviathans wrote:
Forum mod wrote:
I agree.
Same here, it can't hurt and can possibly help

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:53 pm

The truth is that it would be too hard for me to make this list anyway, at least not without the help of the staff team. I'm not involved in the community enough to know who the 'bad guys' are and everyone keeps changing their name all the time making it impossible to keep track of who is who (not that I have time for that anyway). But I do see the stuff that goes on on the forums from time to time, and it needs to stop.
If the staff wishes to work on a 'list of people to be talked to' with what each offender has done specifically, I'd be willing to send them a PM with a serious warning and details about what they should (or shouldn't) do if they want to avoid the banhammer.

Justin
Champion

Post by Justin » Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:58 pm

Everyone belongs to group 2 at one point, everyone is toxic/disrespectful at one point..
At least acknowledge that..
Look at other communities.. League of Legends, RuneScape and so on, toxic people everywhere.

But what you do, is no solution, you come across toxic behavior of an entire community everyday, and then once in a while there's that one guy you act towards as if he's the anti-christ and the cause of the community's behavior,.
Let's face it, how would one or a few people be responsible for the general negativity and toxic behavior of other players? They aren't responsible, they're just part of the toxic community.
If the negativity and toxic behavior is becoming a problem, that means that there's a bigger group involved rather than just a select few individuals, and removing them or scaring them is not a solution.
If you're scaring your community, you're putting them under pressure they don't want to play under, which will eventually result in A LOT of players that will leave.

You're over-reacting, and if you don't know it, now you do.
If someone tells another player to kill himself, or curses him out, so what?.. Can you really not get over yourselves and just laugh at how angry people get over nothing?
Although I'm sure it ruins peoples' enjoyment and experience now and then when they don't get the respect they deserve, or are told some offensive or mean things, but your game itself ruins peoples' enjoyment and experience.. People get angry over staking, over pking.. If your only aim is for your players to have fun, why not straight up remove anything that might piss them off?

You remove individuals from the community if they're problematic, and I can tell you, there are VERY few people who can be consider problematic FOR the community.
Those people you can call repeat offenders, and those people have had enough chances not to deserve another one, BUT even those people don't deserve to be expelled there, are more appropriate punishments for that.

A(n ip-)mute is an easy solution, rather than withdrawing full "rights" to play the game, the real people who deserve to be expelled are not the ones who verbally abuse others. Verbal abuse is probably the lowest class of offense you can commit on PkHonor, yet it's punished with the highest class of punishment.

Xparaliifex
Premium Donator

Post by Xparaliifex » Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:03 pm

I will personally say, I cause problems, but not major ones.

I flame here and there when I'm flamed or baited first. I'll admit that but when one thinks they are better than others I deny it because that is not me.

Personally I find that all players are equal no matter the experience of the game. If you take two people, one that's been around for a year. Then you take one who has been here just a week. Is it In-equality? No because they both started somewhere, the bottom. ones made it somewhere while the other is reaching it.

Everyone started out new at one point. Just because one has more experience than another doesn't mean you have to rub it in the others face. At one point the person with one year experience had someone with more experience than them. Does it make that person better? No all 3 people are the same.

I'll admit, I've been here 4 years. Does that make me better than everyone else? No because like i stated before i started at the bottom at one point. At that time, I wouldn't like for someone to call me a "noob" or something like that just because I was new. So why would it be fair to the current newcomers?

I call friends nubs a lot because they know its jokes and most have two years plus experience but they know its jokes because they repeat it to me also.

Even with me doing this with just my friends on here doesn't mean I do it with everyone. When someone knew asks me for help, I give them help or refer them to a helper mod if I'm busy.

I would love for everyone to give help to the new people because personally I see people push the new players away all the time and I don't feel that it's fair.

As where Mike is going with it. I agree with his new rules decision 100% because it's a new start for all players to get along with new players in the future. Contains the "newbie" comments so that person feels bad about themselves.

Thank you Mike for these new rules. I like the idea of it. Thank you for all your work on the server! ;)

Kylo ren
Honor Player

Post by Kylo ren » Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:17 pm

Mike wrote:The truth is that it would be too hard for me to make this list anyway, at least not without the help of the staff team. I'm not involved in the community enough to know who the 'bad guys' are and everyone keeps changing their name all the time making it impossible to keep track of who is who (not that I have time for that anyway).
Easy fix = Disable the ability to change usernames on the forums. Set up a system via MySQL in which forum usernames and in-game usernames (main account) coincide with each other, making their Forums Username, and their Main Account's In-game Username the exact same.

I2aw origins
Premium Donator

Post by I2aw origins » Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:21 pm

Ratonhaketon wrote:
Mike wrote:The truth is that it would be too hard for me to make this list anyway, at least not without the help of the staff team. I'm not involved in the community enough to know who the 'bad guys' are and everyone keeps changing their name all the time making it impossible to keep track of who is who (not that I have time for that anyway).
Easy fix = Disable the ability to change usernames on the forums. Set up a system via MySQL in which forum usernames and in-game usernames (main account) coincide with each other, making their Forums Username, and their Main Account's In-game Username the exact same.
Ehhh, that feature was one of the only things that made people like these forums at first, it'd cause some major problems if it got taken away.

Blahblahdie
Fanatic

Post by Blahblahdie » Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:22 pm

Justin wrote:Everyone belongs to group 2 at one point, everyone is toxic/disrespectful at one point..
At least acknowledge that..
Look at other communities.. League of Legends, RuneScape and so on, toxic people everywhere.

But what you do, is no solution, you come across toxic behavior of an entire community everyday, and then once in a while there's that one guy you act towards as if he's the anti-christ and the cause of the community's behavior,.
Let's face it, how would one or a few people be responsible for the general negativity and toxic behavior of other players? They aren't responsible, they're just part of the toxic community.
If the negativity and toxic behavior is becoming a problem, that means that there's a bigger group involved rather than just a select few individuals, and removing them or scaring them is not a solution.
If you're scaring your community, you're putting them under pressure they don't want to play under, which will eventually result in A LOT of players that will leave.

You're over-reacting, and if you don't know it, now you do.
If someone tells another player to kill himself, or curses him out, so what?.. Can you really not get over yourselves and just laugh at how angry people get over nothing?
Although I'm sure it ruins peoples' enjoyment and experience now and then when they don't get the respect they deserve, or are told some offensive or mean things, but your game itself ruins peoples' enjoyment and experience.. People get angry over staking, over pking.. If your only aim is for your players to have fun, why not straight up remove anything that might piss them off?

You remove individuals from the community if they're problematic, and I can tell you, there are VERY few people who can be consider problematic FOR the community.
Those people you can call repeat offenders, and those people have had enough chances not to deserve another one, BUT even those people don't deserve to be expelled there, are more appropriate punishments for that.

A(n ip-)mute is an easy solution, rather than withdrawing full "rights" to play the game, the real people who deserve to be expelled are not the ones who verbally abuse others. Verbal abuse is probably the lowest class of offense you can commit on PkHonor, yet it's punished with the highest class of punishment.
Perfect, especially the last sentence.

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:30 pm

Bye Justin

This is exactly what I mean with people thinking they own my server. And this clearly also shows he was one of those people who doesn't give a damn about trying to be part of a nice community. Well, off you go.