PkHonor - a welcoming community?

All of PkHonor's news will be posted here.
Mike
Programmer

Re: PkHonor - a welcoming community?

Post by Mike » Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:55 pm

Thoby wrote: I respect that you do not justify him saying everyone on the internet is an asshole,
but he was trying to explain his point of view upon it. And used that argument as support for his opinion. It was a well written, and pretty good constructed opinion- it wasn't even disrespectful.

I even agreed with a big portion of it, actually.

And I honestly think the punishment wasn't fit.
He was just leaving his opinion, aiming for improvement.

To my knowledge, he wasn't showing any toxic behavior; merely just trying to verbalize his view upon the whole subject. He even said it in quite a respectful manner (in my opinion, that is).

Anyways, you're the big boss.
So I guess it won't matter.
He has been a huge pain in the pass for a very long time and the thread was specifically aimed towards people such as himself. If that kind of response is all he can produce, then I'm not even going to consider giving him his 1001st chance. He's been a toxic part of the community for way too long.
Enough is enough.

Also, as Rapsey once put it so nicely, if you were to compare PkHonor to a pub, and I would be its bartender, I have every right to expel a person from my bar as I see fit. Nobody ever goes like "hey why did you expel that annoying drunk from your bar?"

Ruler
Honor Player

Post by Ruler » Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:59 pm

I agree with Thoby. I didn't agree with what Justin said but it wasn't written without respect imo.
However, I don't know Justins history. Might be the same like many people have with Joby. He is annoying, you try to be nice but there is a limit and when you reach that limit you are done with that person. Mike probably has that with Justin ^^
Last edited by Ruler on Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Blahblahdie
Fanatic

Post by Blahblahdie » Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:00 am

Collisionx wrote:
Dipset wrote:No-one was justifying anything or said "everyone's an asshole on the internet anyway" or anything along those lines.

Clearly you didn't read over 50% of what I said considering I basically asked for a different approach.
dipset. why try to get it undone with the owner, the special creator of the perfect server.

honestly not to smart on your part. easy way to get banned making comments like that "clearly didnt read 50% of what he said" etc.

--- xparaliifex ---
With all due respect Mike, are you seriously listening to this guy?
Check his punishments, his forums, and the reports against him.
He is literally sucking up to you, and it's disgusting.
He should be the last person to be telling people what to do, and what not to do.

It's your server, run it the way you want to undoubtingly.
But for Xparaliifex to sit here and tell Justin that the way he composed his post was 'wrong', is nothing short of ironic.

I'm not telling you how to do your job, but Justin did offer his insight on a solution
If Justin is outcasted as a toxin, I think we all can agree that Xparaliifex is next.
You said yourself that you're not all that up to date on players forums accounts, and their ingame situations, well I advise you to start looking into them then.

This has been blown way out of porpotion now.

Whatcha tone
Premium Donator

Post by Whatcha tone » Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:02 am

Blahblahdie wrote:
Collisionx wrote:
Dipset wrote:No-one was justifying anything or said "everyone's an asshole on the internet anyway" or anything along those lines.

Clearly you didn't read over 50% of what I said considering I basically asked for a different approach.
dipset. why try to get it undone with the owner, the special creator of the perfect server.

honestly not to smart on your part. easy way to get banned making comments like that "clearly didnt read 50% of what he said" etc.

--- xparaliifex ---
With all due respect Mike, are you seriously listening to this guy?
Check his punishments, his forums, and the reports against him.
He is literally sucking up to you, and it's disgusting.
He should be the last person to be telling people what to do, and what not to do.

It's your server, run it the way you want to undoubtingly.
But for Xparaliifex to sit here and tell Justin that the way he composed his post was 'wrong', is nothing short of ironic.

I'm not telling you how to do your job, but Justin did offer his insight on a solution
If Justin is outcasted as a toxin, I think we all can agree that Xparaliifex is next.
You said yourself that you're not all that up to date on players forums accounts, and their ingame situations, well I advise you to start looking into them then.

BlackObama4unban
Positive Vibes Only
:afro: :afro:

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:09 am

Blahblahdie wrote: You said yourself that you're not all that up to date on players forums accounts, and their ingame situations, well I advise you to start looking into them then.

I'll leave most of that up to the staff team, although I can make some judgements based on post history. I can't afford to spend too much time in-game though, as I have a lot of work to do.
Though, if community members wish to point me towards problematic people, they can send me an e-mail with the name of the person, the things they have done, and ample proof (screenshots/forum posts/...) of their wrongdoings. Then I will make sure to contact these people and take further action if needed.
Whip dat ass wrote: BlackObama4unban
Stop spamming, please.

Donderstone2
Programmer

Post by Donderstone2 » Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:48 am

Thoby wrote:
Mike wrote:
Thoby wrote: Is that a joke..?
No.

I do not tolerate toxic behavior, nor justifying being an asshole by saying "everyone's an asshole on the internet anyway".
I respect that you do not justify him saying everyone on the internet is an asshole,
but he was trying to explain his point of view upon it. And used that argument as support for his opinion. It was a well written, and pretty good constructed opinion- it wasn't even disrespectful.

I even agreed with a big portion of it, actually.

And I honestly think the punishment wasn't fit.
He was just leaving his opinion, aiming for improvement.

To my knowledge, he wasn't showing any toxic behavior; merely just trying to verbalize his view upon the whole subject. He even said it in quite a respectful manner (in my opinion, that is).

Anyways, you're the big boss.
So I guess it won't matter.
I have to agree with Mike on this. Justin has been quite an obnoxious and hardheaded (ex-) member of this community. He basically is trying to hide himself behind the general behaviour of most of the community members. Him saying that we shouldn't care about people telling to kill ourselves did it for me. Something like that should NEVER be said in any circumstance. God knows what some people have been through. Some might have suffered dramatic events, which might have led them to an attempt to this, how would you feel about it if that was said to you? The same counts for things like "I hope your mother gets cancer" or things like that. Those are things that just don't belong anywhere at all. I understand people can get into a heated discussion, and there can be a bit of flaming towards another, but in the end, there is a line which you absolutely shouldn't cross. I'm not saying Justin did that, but by the looks of it, he doesn't seem to care whether he says it or not, since we should all just get over it.

Also, Justin doesn't have to say Mike is over reacting, because this is something that's been going on for quite a while, and I'm fairly impressed it took that long. Usually I'm harsher for people whom I find the 'scumbags' of the community, but they only got entitled to it because of their own actions.

I do think he was showing "toxic behaviour" simply by saying that we should accept the fact that every one of us will flame once eventually and we need to move on with it and basically do it again and again... What will become of us when we keep on doing that? We only do this because we have a comfort zone, where no-one can physically reach out to us and make us stop doing things like this. Well now there is a way to make a stop to it. If those people don't want to change themselves, we will change it by force.