Todays Updates! (13 February 2014)

All of PkHonor's news will be posted here.
Mike
Programmer

Todays Updates! (13 February 2014)

Post by Mike » Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:11 pm

Updated on 13 February 2014:
-> As of now, whenever you drop an item on the floor, it will show for everyone (not just yourself) after 2 minutes, unless of course it's an untradeable item. ::empty will also have this effect. So for people who are used to droptrading items to their other accounts: best make sure you're both in ::private or others may end up picking up your stuff!
If you droptrade something to another account but another player snatches the item, you will not get a refund - you should've privated yourself before dropping.

Updated on 6 February 2014:
-> Fixed the issue that caused the server crashes and downtime in the past 2 weeks

Updated on 5 February 2014:
-> Added extra server crash information that should (hopefully) tell me what exactly went wrong with the server when it crashes the next time. Then I should be able to fix it once and for all.
-> Fixed a few bugs and inconveniences with the new help system
-> Once again made a change to the help system: whenever you type ::help or click the 'Help' button, you will now be added into the Help clan channel (like before the update from a few days ago). You will however be able to request help from our helpers and mods by clicking the 'Help' button once again while in the help cc.
The catch is that you can only click the help button a second time 30 seconds after joining the help cc. This will motivate players to ask their questions in the help cc before asking for personal assistance for stupid/small questions. I know some people will find it a nuisance, but it's incredibly annoying for staff and helpers to be called every minute just to tell people where they can find spiders.
-> Poison will now wear off completely in the duel arena once the other player has died (so there can be no draw because of poison killing you a few seconds later)
-> Fixed a rare bug that would prevent people from being able to fight in a duel
-> The 'energy transfer' spell can no longer be casted on players that have the same IP address as you, in order to prevent abuse of the spell
-> Administrators now have the ability to use ::getpin to check if there is a PIN set on an account (this will not tell the actual pin but will only tell whether there is one set or not).
-> Fixed players facing the wrong direction when sitting on a chair/bench in a player-owned house (mostly notable when someone enters the house after you've sit down)

Updated on 3 February 2014:
-> Added some code that will prevent the server from staying offline when it crashes. The actual cause has not yet been found and server crashes may still occur, but at least the server will never be offline for longer than 30 seconds anymore.
I'm still working on finding the issue so I can make sure there will be no more server crashes and the server can remain online for 24/7.

-> Changed the help system: whenever you click the 'Help' button, you are now presented with two options: 'I have a question about the game' and 'I need personal assistance from a helper or mod'.
Choosing the first option will add you to the 'Help' clan channel, where other players can answer most questions you have about the game. In most cases this is also the fastest and most efficient way to get an answer.
The second option will send a notification to all helpers and staff members that you require help, and they will teleport to you as soon as possible. Please keep in mind that you should only use this option if only a moderator can help you (for example if you have a bug to report).
Whenever a moderator teleports to you, you'll both be sent to another height so it will be easy to find each other and talk to each other in crowded areas such as Varrock. When the helper or staff member leaves, you'll be teleported back to your original position (at least that's the idea but it doesn't seem to work 100% yet).

-> Fixed bolt special effects occuring when using throwing weapons and having bolts equipped in your arrows slot.

Kalista
Honor Player

Re: Todays updates! (3 February 2014)

Post by Kalista » Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:12 pm

Sweet thanks

Pls senpai
Premium Donator

Post by Pls senpai » Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:13 pm

Thanks mikey

Ceo
Honor Player

Re: Todays Updates! (3 February 2014)

Post by Ceo » Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:13 pm

What you said before you updated the server was deep.
Stop creeping on my siggy
Ceo's Q&A
Moni Pls

Azu rite
Premium Donator

Post by Azu rite » Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:14 pm

Nice work, can't wait to see if I can abuse it.

Morphine xxx
Known Venturer

Post by Morphine xxx » Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:15 pm

Pls senpai
Premium Donator

Post by Pls senpai » Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:17 pm

Found the "not working 100% thing" already.

If you relog after someone teleports to you, it won't teleport you away.

Just make it so if you log out after teleporting to that new height, it sends you to home.

Skullsnipe
Premium Donator

Post by Skullsnipe » Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:18 pm

Thanks for the update!
Seems the new help system is going to be more efficient for getting mods.

Elite reborn
Premium Donator

Post by Elite reborn » Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:23 pm

Thanks!
suh dude

Simon
Honor Player

Post by Simon » Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:26 pm

Mike!

I found a bug.

If you spam click the [request assistance] button, it spams the mods.