Todays updates! (18 January 2014)

All of PkHonor's news will be posted here.
Kingz

Re: Todays updates! (16 January 2014)

Post by Kingz » Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:36 am

Sweet!

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:40 am

Tobias wrote: Btw Mike, why not add an option so we can transfer everything from one account to the other for like 20B-50B? I'd do it. And would be a good money sink. And you can't really hurt the database if you double check everything. Or is there another problem?
We've considered it, but it would be a way for repeat offenders to get a 'clean slate' by transferring everything to another account. Since we don't have an offense history on the new (transferred) account, offenders could abuse this.

If we find a way to get around that issue, we may consider account transfers at a price.

Simon
Honor Player

Post by Simon » Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:42 am

Mike wrote:
Tobias wrote: Btw Mike, why not add an option so we can transfer everything from one account to the other for like 20B-50B? I'd do it. And would be a good money sink. And you can't really hurt the database if you double check everything. Or is there another problem?
We've considered it, but it would be a way for repeat offenders to get a 'clean slate' by transferring everything to another account. Since we don't have an offense history on the new (transferred) account, offenders could abuse this.

If we find a way to get around that issue, we may consider account transfers at a price.
Make logs available to the public that show all name changes.

Smdjagex
Premium Donator

Post by Smdjagex » Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:44 am

Awesome fixes today.
fantastic as always
Credits to maurits for Signature

Mike
Programmer

Post by Mike » Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:48 am

Simon wrote:Make logs available to the public that show all name changes.
Hey, that gave me an idea.

In the new Staff Control Panel (on the website), there's a new option called "Account info" where a staff member will be able to see basic information about an account as well as what punishments have been issued on it.
I could log all name changes and then have the name change be taken into consideration as well on the Account Info tab.

So for example, if Simon renames himself to Simonater and a staff member wants to look up the account info of "Simon", he'll also be presented with all account info from "Simonator" considering he renamed his account at some point.
Once I do that, offenders couldn't get away from their offense history through a rename, and I could add an in-game NPC that allows you to transfer your account to another.

Simon
Honor Player

Post by Simon » Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:50 am

Mike wrote:

In the new Staff Control Panel (on the website), there's a new option called "Account info" where a staff member will be able to see basic information about an account as well as what punishments have been issued on it.
I could log all name changes and then have the name change be taken into consideration as well on the Account Info tab.

So for example, if Simon renames himself to Simonater and a staff member wants to look up the account info of "Simon", he'll also be presented with all account info from "Simonator" considering he renamed his account at some point.
Once I do that, offenders couldn't get away from their offense history through a rename, and I could add an in-game NPC that allows you to transfer your account to another.
I really like that idea.

But no way in living hell am I changing my name to Simonator.

P.S "The #1 server" has its trade logs open to the players. Don't really see a downside to it.

Exp gains

Post by Exp gains » Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:52 am

Mike wrote:

OMG. Please do that. <3
I would love to change my name and I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one. :D

Elite reborn
Premium Donator

Post by Elite reborn » Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:54 am

Awesome updates, and congrats!
suh dude

Hayden
Elite

Post by Hayden » Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:58 am

If you implement that name change, I will personally buy you strippers for every day of the year for the next 20 years.

Vizz
Premium Donator

Post by Vizz » Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:42 am

Thanks for the updates, hope exams are going well.